Fitness Pro Super Whey...has anyone tried this???

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I am making my annual trip back home to the states and want to get an s**tload of protein in bags to take back with me. I usually try to get American Iso since it is cheap and delicious, but now the price shot up to 40 bucks per bag and that is too expensive to bother with. I randomly got an email today from a website selling Fitness Pro Super Whey in 10lb bags for 55 or 56 dollars (plus shipping). They price is right, BUT I have never heard of this stuff before. I looked up reviews and they seem to be pretty mixed between "delicious" and "not great." I don't want to buy 40 pounds of the stuff and then find out it sucks. Has anyone tried this before? They only have chocolate and strawberry, so if anyone has tried either of those flavors, it would be especially helpful. Also, if anyone knows of a place selling American Iso bags somewhere close to the 25-30 dollars that they used to cost, please PM me (I looked but I really don't think it is out there). Thanks!

Best,
Tyler

bigbb123

Awards
It's good stuff man use it myself. Taste and mix ability are ok, taste not the absolute best but it's decent and above all inexpensive considering isolate is the main ingredient.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for the reply...didn't want to buy without at least some kind of feedback...I guess I will pick up a few bags, since the MGN bags seem to be out of stock at NP forever. How would you compare the chocolate and strawberry to some of the other brands, if you don't mind me asking? Also, do you find them really grainy? Most people said they were great but a few ppl said it was very grainy. I am thinking there might have been a bad batch or else everyone would have mentioned it.

Thanks!
Tyler

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah that is a great a deal. Even if it doesn't taste that great, who really cares?. I mean its worth it just for the protein you get.

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Got the same email. I hate how much shipping is though -___-

JonRubio

JonRubio

Awards
  • Established
Yeah shipping, is redonkulous!. With shipping its only about $10 cheaper than what I can find it for elsewhere. So there still may be better deals out there.
Idk if you use waxy maize but the deal they have on that site is REDiC. It's where I get my pwo carbs

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah that is a great a deal. Even if it doesn't taste that great, who really cares?. I mean its worth it just for the protein you get.
i used several bags of chocolate.. i really liked it, very dif choco flavor.

Mike

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
i used several bags of chocolate.. i really liked it, very dif choco flavor.

Mike
That sounds interesting. Would you say the flavor was more of a sweet milk chocolate flavor or more of a dark chocolate flavor? Thanks for the information!

Best,
Tyler

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your gonna purchase 40 pounds, I would think you would be better offing getting it from true nutrition or protein factory.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the tip! I checked out true protein before but was disappointed to find out that it ended up being more expensive to buy the recession blend and enough premium flavor packets to flavor it than just buying flavored whey pre flavored from some other retailers. For example, 30 pounds of the Fitness pro costs the same as 25 pounds of the lower-grade recession blend without any flavoring. I have heard great things about true protein's quality, but I have to care about the bottom line. Also I have read that their regular flavors aren't great, and their premium flavors add a significant amount of money to the overall price.

I will definitely look into protein factory though.

I wish MGN was just a little cheaper and answered PMs though. I am trying to find out if their website sells in bags instead of tubs, so I can pack it to take back to TW with me. If anyone knows, please let me know. The only place I know of that has it in bags is Nutraplanet and they are crazy expensive and out of stock (it is listed as in stock, but I emailed them and got a reply that they were actually still out, so it must be a computer error).

Oh well, the clock is ticking so I better get something ordered within the week. Thanks for the info!

Best,
Tyler

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the tip! I checked out true protein before but was disappointed to find out that it ended up being more expensive to buy the recession blend and enough premium flavor packets to flavor it than just buying flavored whey pre flavored from some other retailers. For example, 30 pounds of the Fitness pro costs the same as 25 pounds of the lower-grade recession blend without any flavoring. I have heard great things about true protein's quality, but I have to care about the bottom line. Also I have read that their regular flavors aren't great, and their premium flavors add a significant amount of money to the overall price.

I will definitely look into protein factory though.

I wish MGN was just a little cheaper and answered PMs though. I am trying to find out if their website sells in bags instead of tubs, so I can pack it to take back to TW with me. If anyone knows, please let me know. The only place I know of that has it in bags is Nutraplanet and they are crazy expensive and out of stock (it is listed as in stock, but I emailed them and got a reply that they were actually still out, so it must be a computer error).

Oh well, the clock is ticking so I better get something ordered within the week. Thanks for the info!

Best,
Tyler
The bulk places are not as good as they seem.