Psyllium Husks Powder

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
Is anyone choking this stuff down? If so with what? Its like adding pencil shavings to a protein drink.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Is anyone choking this stuff down? If so with what? Its like adding pencil shavings to a protein drink.
I do....use LARGE amounts of water with a tbsp or two by itself....mix quickly....drink even more quickly before it coagulates into a blob of undrinkable shyt ....its a challenge every time to get it down in time

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I add a teaspoon to a small amount of water (about 200ml) mix it up and drink before the water thickens into wallpaper paste.

Make sure you follow with lots of water. Psyllium husks without adequate water will have the opposite effect and can promote constipation.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I add a teaspoon to a small amount of water (about 200ml) mix it up and drink before the water thickens into wallpaper paste.

Make sure you follow with lots of water. Psyllium husks without adequate water will have the opposite effect and can promote constipation.
Gross

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
I use the sugar free Metamucil (same thing just orange flavored). I add 2 scoops to my vanilla protein shake at bedtime and in the morning. Tastes like a thick Dreamsicle.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I use the sugar free Metamucil (same thing just orange flavored). I add 2 scoops to my vanilla protein shake at bedtime and in the morning. Tastes like a thick Dreamsicle.
is metamucil soluble fiber? or insoluble fiber? I think some of those brand name fiber supps are worthless since they are not the right type of fiber you need...I can usually tell which is which by how they mix, the soluble mixes like nothing....and the insoluble mixes like glue :D the insoluble fibers help your colon health and cause you to go to the bathroom regular....the soluble really don't do that, but do other helpful things...I take it to be regular due to high protein or lack of carbs/fiber in the diet....so I use insoluble or psyllium fiber.....

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i use 1tbsp in a protein shake before bed.. really doesn't affect flavor to much. I use the walmart brand

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just toss back a tbsp dry and chase it with a glass of water. Like a boss.

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
Thanks everyone. Basically I need to quit mixing it and just down it with water as quick as possible.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yea, actually has no taste in Muscle Milk, just be sure to add enough water so its drinkable and drink it fast. Turns into gelatinous goo after about 2 minutes..so dilution and speed are your friends.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I almost died, and I am very serious, doing this. The tbsp of powder stuck to my throat like cement. The more water I drank, didnt help, it was like glued to my throat. I guess my throat was dry at the time, I don't remember. I drank so much water trying to wash it down, where I was puking water. My airway was severely restricted, roomate called 911 because I was struggling to breath. I used a straw, stuck it down my throat to scrap it off the best I keep. I had a big enough airway to then breath, but it took a few hours for everything to return back to normal. I was scared for my life, i was saying my good byes, no joke.

Mike

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
Like a moron. Don't tell people **** like that, it even says on every container NOT TO because of choking.

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
I almost died, and I am very serious, doing this. The tbsp of powder stuck to my throat like cement. The more water I drank, didnt help, it was like glued to my throat. I guess my throat was dry at the time, I don't remember. I drank so much water trying to wash it down, where I was puking water. My airway was severely restricted, roomate called 911 because I was struggling to breath. I used a straw, stuck it down my throat to scrap it off the best I keep. I had a big enough airway to then breath, but it took a few hours for everything to return back to normal. I was scared for my life, i was saying my good byes, no joke.

Mike
Exactly. That's very dangerous and I'm glad you're okay.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like a moron. Don't tell people **** like that, it even says on every container NOT TO because of choking.
Eat a dick with the name calling. My container says no such thing; either contend like an adult or STFU.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I chug 25 grams every evening.

Trick is to make sure you use the whole and not the powder and drink fast.

Always drink on empty stomach was drinking that much.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I chug 25 grams every evening.

Trick is to make sure you use the whole and not the powder and drink fast.

Always drink on empty stomach was drinking that much.
And what I mean by fast is, mix it fast and drink asap before it becomes thick. Make sure its alot of water as well.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been taking the Now brand Whole Psyllium Husks for years, not the powder version. I take two heaping tablespoons along with 1 tablespoon of the sugar free Metamucil orange for flavor. The Metamucil is the same thing but its the ground powder, not whole husks. I mix it with 40 oz of water. I've got to drink it everyday now or I just don't go to the bathroom.

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
Eat a dick with the name calling. My container says no such thing; either contend like an adult or STFU.
**** you. Even if it's not on your container it's still common sense. "I'm a hard ass, I'll just swallow dry powder that could choke me. I'm tough". Twat.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
**** you. Even if it's not on your container it's still common sense. "I'm a hard ass, I'll just swallow dry powder that could choke me. I'm tough". Twat.
Where did I say I'm tough? You made a stupid statement that you're already backpedaling on. :laughing:

Srs bzns. Big fan, keep posting.

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
Where did I say I'm tough? You made a stupid statement that you're already backpedaling on. :laughing:

Srs bzns. Big fan, keep posting.
Oh really? So "like a boss" has another meaning in your tiny little world? Apparently back pedaling does since I sure as he'll haven't done any of that. You ****ing douchebag.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been taking the Now brand Whole Psyllium Husks for years, not the powder version. I take two heaping tablespoons along with 1 tablespoon of the sugar free Metamucil orange for flavor. The Metamucil is the same thing but its the ground powder, not whole husks. I mix it with 40 oz of water. I've got to drink it everyday now or I just don't go to the bathroom.
This is the same exact same thing I do. It works well and doesn't taste bad at all.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh really? So "like a boss" has another meaning in your tiny little world? Apparently back pedaling does since I sure as he'll haven't done any of that. You ****ing douchebag.
We've got an e-tough guy over here! You take your psyllium husks pretty seriously!

Rawr!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Psyllium husk is some amazing stuff. Every few days ill take a ton of it and my shyts are beyond massive and its really improved my digestion.

Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
We've got an e-tough guy over here! You take your psyllium husks pretty seriously!

Rawr!
No ****wad I take it seriously when people are giving advice that could kill people you worthless cumfart.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No ****wad I take it seriously when people are giving advice that could kill people you worthless cumfart.
I agree ^^^ Psyllium can be dangerous and its not something to be joked about.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before the little derail goes any further, Bruiser and I have worked out things via PM.

I apologize for the derail, sorry if I came across as aloof about this issue. I only intended to post how I take it. With everything we do, be damn careful-nobody wants anyone else to have an issue like the poster above.

Learn, teach, lead.

Reactions: ax1
Bruiser76

Bruiser76

Awards
Before the little derail goes any further, Bruiser and I have worked out things via PM.

I apologize for the derail, sorry if I came across as aloof about this issue. I only intended to post how I take it. With everything we do, be damn careful-nobody wants anyone else to have an issue like the poster above.

Learn, teach, lead.
**** yeah bitchess! We all good. Lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Learn, teach, lead.

My issue sucked.. stupid idea.. i don't even remember why I did it in the first place. Another funny story though..

Back in college, one of my roomates played football and worked out but was stupid with diet and all. It was like 9pm.. he was making a myofusion shake before going out to a party. I told him ill make it really thick, a good weight gainer. He was trying to gain weight for football. I mixed, god i swear like 10 tablespoons of psyllium husk in it.

He comes back to our apartment about 2 hours later, he thought he was going into labor.. he was having massive stomach contractions. It blocked him up so bad, he couldn't ****. The next day, we bought a suppository.. he shoved it up his ass.. he **** so much, you couldnt even see water in the toilet bowel.. i swear if he didn't flush half way through.. he would have over flowed the toilet.

Looking back now, it was VERY stupid idea and i was praying nothing bad would happen.. scared me.. but since nothing bad happened.. it was funny as hell.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
So choking on psyllium husks was in fact Karma coming back to get you for putting your friend into labor. This thread has gone full circle. lol