X-Factor (Arachadonic Acid)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Errrrrr

1) Isn't the purpose of the Ara-acid to promote inflammation? If so,m then why does the new formula add potent anti-inflammatories

X-Factor Advanced Proprietary Anabolic Formula ARASYN™ 40% Arachidonic Acid Oil in a proprietary fatty acid/oil blend, Ultra Purified Omega-3 concentrated in fish oil, Boswellia Serrata Resin 18%.

2) Dosing says 4 serving of 1 cap/day and with meals

Errrr wouldnt it make more sense to take it pre-w/o (maybe post) and be done?

3) If you do the IM/Warrier Diet (I dont but a modification of it), will 3 caps (3 grams of fat) break the fast?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Errrrrr

1) Isn't the purpose of the Ara-acid to promote inflammation? If so,m then why does the new formula add potent anti-inflammatories

X-Factor Advanced Proprietary Anabolic Formula ARASYN™ 40% Arachidonic Acid Oil in a proprietary fatty acid/oil blend, Ultra Purified Omega-3 concentrated in fish oil, Boswellia Serrata Resin 18%.

3) If you do the IM/Warrier Diet (I dont but a modification of it), will 3 caps (3 grams of fat) break the fast?
1) Idk but I enjoyed the original more than XFA. Will use original version from now on for my own runs of ArA.

2) Had good results with spread out dosing. Had better results with GMS + Carnitine and dosing all pre-workout.

3) Most of these diets also allow for a certain amount of trace calories during the "fasting" portion of the diet and it isn't really spiking insulin (how I believe most define breaking the fast) to any discernible amount anyways (but I am no fasting guru so maybe I am wrong :eek: ). Lastly, it is probably highly irrelevant in terms of ruining your fast because of some ArA pre-workout.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bolt

What type of GMS did you use? Ditto - Carnitine (PLCAR, ALCAR...?)

And you are stating that GMS+Carnitine was better than the ORIGINAL X-factor too?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mr. Cooper said take it WO days only, centered around the WO.....He posted this when I was complaining about the price and high dosage (4X7 days).....
this dosing scheme will work well and will still allow you to take anti-inflammatory aids such as fish oils, antioxidants, more easily.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
this dosing scheme will work well and will still allow you to take anti-inflammatory aids such as fish oils, antioxidants, more easily.
I wonder how effective the stuff really is? it seems like I've heard about it for a decade or more now, and rarely if ever see it in supplement form. there are smart people behind the product, so it must be worthwhile.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bolt

What type of GMS did you use? Ditto - Carnitine (PLCAR, ALCAR...?)

And you are stating that GMS+Carnitine was better than the ORIGINAL X-factor too?
If you search around the net you can find some good stuff (all with extra in depth science on the subject) at bb.com if that is the kind of stuff you like (from your posts I believe you do use quite a bit of research background for your supplement choices). Also, this thread on AM is of interest: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serious-nutrition-solutions/205464-sns-releases-x.html

Those threads can explain WHY the additions are beneficial if that is what you want (and would do much more justice than my brief comments on the subject), but as far as type:
GMS- Any source of Glycerol Monostearate should do as long as it is roughly 6g of it. 3 scoops of Controlled Labs Glycergrow is the simplest and most common source of this I tend to see people use (and what I do personally).
Carnitine- 2g of any should be fine as well. I typically use whatever Carnitine I currently have available to meet this requirement (used ALCAR on the last run and the time before that both PLCAR and LCLT).

Finally, any run of ArA will be better off with GMS+Carnitine IMO based off my own results and the science behind their inclusions.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
so 2g LCLT (or other carnitine), 6 grams GMS, and the AA....how many caps did you take per day? I was thinking maybe 4 on WO days and 2 on non-WO days? or 4 all the way through? also how many weeks did you run this? anything else you find useful on the cycle?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so 2g LCLT (or other carnitine), 6 grams GMS, and the AA.... Yes take the Carnitine, GMS, and entire ArA dose 30-60 minutes pre-workout an a relatively empty stomach (just make sure you haven't eaten too close to your workout, 60-90 minutes after a meal should be fine).

how many caps did you take per day? I was thinking maybe 4 on WO days and 2 on non-WO days? or 4 all the way through? If you workout at least 4 times per week you can get away with only dosing on workout days and possibly dosing higher. I personally did 6 caps on workout days. Then only dosed 2 caps on off days for the first week or two just until the ArA had built up (this is probably unnecessary given higher dosing on workout days but I had extra so I said why not).

also how many weeks did you run this? anything else you find useful on the cycle? I ran it for roughly 6 weeks I believe. Depends on preference but the dosing only on workout days could theoretically increase the run time. In general just make sure to dose as outlined already and on a relatively empty stomach. Anything else is secondary. Agmatine and Nitrates may enhance the effects (and make the already insane pump beyond comprehension :p ).
Answered above in bold. Keep in mind that ArA tends to increase DOMS and therefore you may be pretty sore once it fully "kicks in". Finally, try to avoid anti-inflammatory products around the consumption of ArA (ie. around workouts), but you should be fine if these kind of ingredients are taken away from the ArA intake. Hope all that was helpful, I know it is a lot to take in. :)

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Answered above in bold. Keep in mind that ArA tends to increase DOMS and therefore you may be pretty sore once it fully "kicks in". Finally, try to avoid anti-inflammatory products around the consumption of ArA (ie. around workouts), but you should be fine if these kind of ingredients are taken away from the ArA intake. Hope all that was helpful, I know it is a lot to take in. :)
Thanks! yeah at 4 and 2 caps you get 4 1/2 weeks out of one bottle working out 4 times per week....kind of a c0ckeyed cycle length :D...I think 2 bottles would be mandatory to run it 6 weeks which seems more reasonable, but at least the LCLT and GMS are pretty cheap. or maybe a 4-5 week cycle, and one bottle will suffice? we'll see....thanks again....

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! yeah at 4 and 2 caps you get 4 1/2 weeks out of one bottle working out 4 times per week....kind of a c0ckeyed cycle length :D...I think 2 bottles would be mandatory to run it 6 weeks which seems more reasonable, but at least the LCLT and GMS are pretty cheap. or maybe a 4-5 week cycle, and one bottle will suffice? we'll see....thanks again....
Ya back when there was only Original X-factor in 100ct bottles I used 2 bottles per run. The new 60ct bottles make things a little more random dosing wise, but it just forces me to keep my math skills sharp. ;) :D

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how effective the stuff really is? it seems like I've heard about it for a decade or more now, and rarely if ever see it in supplement form. there are smart people behind the product, so it must be worthwhile.
I took the stuff maybe 4 or 5 (maybe more) years ago when it was part of Battle Fuel. Stuff had me sore as hell. I don't remember if I had gains or not using it because I was on other stuff as well. Used Battle Fuel for one year straight, even on cycle. Not sure if the sorness went away, or if I just got accustomed to it...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I took the stuff maybe 4 or 5 (maybe more) years ago when it was part of Battle Fuel. Stuff had me sore as hell. I don't remember if I had gains or not using it because I was on other stuff as well. Used Battle Fuel for one year straight, even on cycle. Not sure if the sorness went away, or if I just got accustomed to it...
yeah it sucks when you stack so much stuff, hard to tell what worked and what didn't....but the soreness is an indicator its doing PART of what its intended or supposed to do...the bad part :D.....

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Honestly don't even know what Ostarine is, sorry. :(
Oh its a SARM....its not wise to use it with any PH/DS or AAS since it might compete for receptors and what have you....but I know LCLT will be beneficial to use with osta, not sure if ArA would work well with it or not though....seems it would be fine....better question for anabolics section actually :D....

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it ranks up there with being one of the best natural anabolics. Stack it with some test boosters and the GMS and carnitines and you got yourself a totally wicked natural stack.

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
yeah it sucks when you stack so much stuff, hard to tell what worked and what didn't....but the soreness is an indicator its doing PART of what its intended or supposed to do...the bad part :D.....
Agreed...

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks fellas

Mr. Cooper said take it WO days only, centered around the WO.....He posted this when I was complaining about the price and high dosage (4X7 days).....

If you search around the net you can find some good stuff (all with extra in depth science on the subject) at bb.com if that is the kind of stuff you like (from your posts I believe you do use quite a bit of research background for your supplement choices). Also, this thread on AM is of interest: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/serious-nutrition-solutions/205464-sns-releases-x.html

Those threads can explain WHY the additions are beneficial if that is what you want (and would do much more justice than my brief comments on the subject), but as far as type:
GMS- Any source of Glycerol Monostearate should do as long as it is roughly 6g of it. 3 scoops of Controlled Labs Glycergrow is the simplest and most common source of this I tend to see people use (and what I do personally).
Carnitine- 2g of any should be fine as well. I typically use whatever Carnitine I currently have available to meet this requirement (used ALCAR on the last run and the time before that both PLCAR and LCLT).

Finally, any run of ArA will be better off with GMS+Carnitine IMO based off my own results and the science behind their inclusions.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL al good - haha I do it to everyone else all the time :p

Yup. Just ordered both PLCAR and GMS :D

Will post up in a week after ive tried them

I thought you'd kick our asses for hijacking your thread, but we stayed 100% relevant to your subject....just off on a few tangents :D

you gonna try this stuff? if so, what will your dosing scheme be?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
LOL al good - haha I do it to everyone else all the time :p

Yup. Just ordered both PLCAR and GMS :D

Will post up in a week after ive tried them
cooooool....... I want to try it out too...but gotta stay on track with what I was intending on doing the next 4 months, and run this stuff later.....or not if you say it sucks :D.......

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woot woot :D

cooooool....... I want to try it out too...but gotta stay on track with what I was intending on doing the next 4 months, and run this stuff later.....or not if you say it sucks :D.......
Why not SF: Will you elaborate for us?

Don't waste your money on this product not as good as claims.

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
Presently taking creatine, daa with LCLT, and bcaa. I was planning on starting osta rx this week. Could i also add afactor or xgels into the mix. I also like the idea of just using xfactor on training days which is four days a week. What would be the best dose to take if i choose just to use on training days..mg wise..sj

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Errrrrr

1. Yes, the OG X-factor is IMO superior to XFA. I understand that these are not clinical anti-inflammatories, but there is no debate the omega-3s compete for uptake with ArA.

2. Meals would not be a good time to take ArA since insulin favors deposition in adipose tissue vs muscle. Take it around 90 minutes after eating or totally fasted (on off days). On workout days, take all the caps preworkout.

3. Fast-breaking typically refers to insulin. Since ArA won't have insulinogenic activity, it won't break the fast.

XF is a great product...one of my favorite ever. You will enjoy it.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. THanks Coop

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Presently taking creatine, daa with LCLT, and bcaa. I was planning on starting osta rx this week. Could i also add afactor or xgels into the mix. I also like the idea of just using xfactor on training days which is four days a week. What would be the best dose to take if i choose just to use on training days..mg wise..sj
yes, this would be a great stack. Take your full dose pre workout on an empty stomach like Mr. Cooper said above me. Makes for some epic pumps. I would start at 1g and see how you like it. People usually dose between 1-1.5g. Get a calcium supp and take 1g/day on your workout days as well.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder how effective the stuff really is? it seems like I've heard about it for a decade or more now, and rarely if ever see it in supplement form.
cost vs kick. taking ara at 1-1.5g a day is pretty pricey, and outside of taking it all preworkout you don't feel anything for 2-3 weeks. but taking it all preworkout may be less conducive to overall body comp changes (not sure it is, but it may be). Its a lot easier for a supplement company to give you something cheap (even if its ineffective for real body comp changes) that gives you day 1 feel - caffeine, DMAA, etc.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
cost vs kick. taking ara at 1-1.5g a day is pretty pricey, and outside of taking it all preworkout you don't feel anything for 2-3 weeks. but taking it all preworkout may be less conducive to overall body comp changes (not sure it is, but it may be). Its a lot easier for a supplement company to give you something cheap (even if its ineffective for real body comp changes) that gives you day 1 feel - caffeine, DMAA, etc.
yeah I'm with you on that....it seems the pre-WO and stim supps are all the rage now....instant gratification and relatively cheap (not my thing)....something effective that changes your body comp over weeks and months and is expensive does not appeal to some folks, but I understand by now this is the better option.....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Preworkout dosing is the most beneficial time to take it for body composition. Re-read the earlier post:

"Meals would not be a good time to take ArA since insulin favors deposition in adipose tissue vs muscle. Take it around 90 minutes after eating or totally fasted (on off days). On workout days, take all the caps preworkout."

Preworkout/fasted/post-absorptive doses favor deposition of the ArA in skeletal muscle, where it can actually influence hypertrophy. Preworkout is the best of these three because of the ArA cascade that occurs naturally as part of exercise...plus, you get ergogenic benefits in the form of improved power output and prostanoid-induced vasodilation (you would NOT see this in the Baylor study because I don't think they dosed all the ArA preworkout, or any at all for that matter).

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Soooooo let me split hairs with you :)

What fat amount would be considered as breaking the fast

There has to be SOME amount that would eclipses this

Example: On the IF/Warrior diet, during the 16 hour fast, you cant eat any food (pure included). IF it was solely based on insulin, technically, you could eat a tub of butter :D

Fast-breaking typically refers to insulin. Since ArA won't have insulinogenic activity, it won't break the fast.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Soooooo let me split hairs with you :)

What fat amount would be considered as breaking the fast

There has to be SOME amount that would eclipses this

Example: On the IF/Warrior diet, during the 16 hour fast, you cant eat any food (pure included). IF it was solely based on insulin, technically, you could eat a tub of butter :D
Well let me ask you, what are you fasting for? AMPK stimulation? Improved insulin sensitivity? There really is no evidence that fasting 16 hours a day is favorable for a bodybuilder's body composition. It seems to ameliorate fat gain in rats, but there's always a flip side: it blunts total 24-hour muscle protein synthesis while increasing protein utilization in organs (again, in rats).

Everyone has their own definition of a fast. Bottom line is that using anything will be dose-dependent. If you take 4 caps xfactor, that is ~2.5g fat. IMO one should never be at the point where a few grams of some macronutrient is the difference between doing one thing and doing another...unless you are immediately pre-contest.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HA! I said the same in other posts. I do NOT subscribe one bit to the IF diet.

I eat ~ 5 small meals from 9-7pm largely comprised of lean meats and greens with a lot of health fats from healthy oils, nuts, supps (sesa and fish).

Work out in the AM at 7am (fasted) with 30 G pre/peri/post BCAAs

Only fasting I do is PRE-w/o and wait an hour to eat PWO but I DO slam anotherr 10 G BCAA's immediately pwo.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do if. But it's weird what I do lol. It's a mix between if and alternate day fasting ( fast for 24-36 hr).

Either way I supplement w bcaas all day during fasts. Up to 100g bcaas. Sometimes a little more some times less.

No problems putting weight on n dropping my waist.

ArA I saw in one study reduce glucose uptake in 3t3-l1 adipocytes. Cann be good. Increases lipolysis long term can be bad. But good thing it increases muscle glucose uptake.

However I have not found that study again. All I find is increased uptake in that cell line.

I'm still searching because I have faith in ArA. Especially stacked with a few ingredients in particular

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what can you show me about the inclusion of GMS and carnitine? I can stack this with compete for carnitines and then GMS from hemavol :)
but curious as to how it helps

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
?? Why would increases in lipolysis be bad??
Speaking in terms from when you inhibit glucose uptake by stimulating insulin resistance in adipocytrs. Can cause fatty liver. But different discussion. We don't have to worry about it.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That would most likely occur in a cummulative/chronic case correct? As you stated, doesnt seem anything to worry about although NAFLD is gaining prevelavnce in today's society (fat azz america) with metabolic syndrome/insulin-resistance (GOTTA LOV DEM CARBS) leading the charge.

Speaking in terms from when you inhibit glucose uptake by stimulating insulin resistance in adipocytrs. Can cause fatty liver. But different discussion. We don't have to worry about it.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That would most likely occur in a cummulative/chronic case correct? As you stated, doesnt seem anything to worry about although NAFLD is gaining prevelavnce in today's society (fat azz america) with metabolic syndrome leading the charge.
Yes correct.

It's not something generally healthy individuals need to worry about.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
what can you show me about the inclusion of GMS and carnitine? I can stack this with compete for carnitines and then GMS from hemavol :)
but curious as to how it helps
GMS emulsifies the ArA and possibly get re-esterified to actually cause a positive osmotic effect (as opposed to the sh!tty negative effect that GMS has on the myocyte). Carnitine reduces platelet aggregation and thrombotic pathways.

That would most likely occur in a cummulative/chronic case correct? As you stated, doesnt seem anything to worry about although NAFLD is gaining prevelavnce in today's society (fat azz america) with metabolic syndrome/insulin-resistance (GOTTA LOV DEM CARBS) leading the charge.
Right. One should not be using ArA chronically anyway.

SuppJunkie

SuppJunkie

Awards
  • Established
yes, this would be a great stack. Take your full dose pre workout on an empty stomach like Mr. Cooper said above me. Makes for some epic pumps. I would start at 1g and see how you like it. People usually dose between 1-1.5g. Get a calcium supp and take 1g/day on your workout days as well.
Thanks man i appreciate the info and i will run it as suggested..sj

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man i appreciate the info and i will run it as suggested..sj
glad to be of help bro. PM me any time if you have any questions.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
GMS emulsifies the ArA and possibly get re-esterified to actually cause a positive osmotic effect (as opposed to the sh!tty negative effect that GMS has on the myocyte). Carnitine reduces platelet aggregation and thrombotic pathways.
Whats the best way to prep gms? Mine is big flakes