Agmatine dosing

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious on how everyone doses their agmatine preworkout?

i haven't had the best experience with agmatine in the past, it's kind of hit or miss for me in terms of pump....but i'm thinking maybe i just wasn't dosing it high enough, i've recently been using synthetic's caps at a gram a day and the pumps have been better than i've experienced before......anyone ever dose over a gram and what kind of results did you see?

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I like 1.5-2grams upon wakening. The pumps and slight felling of euphoria last all day....

knighty1979

Awards
Jest wondering I've tried SNS agmatine and primaforce and the only thing that works for me iforce hemavol

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I'm also using Synthetic supplements but also like SNS's version.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I like 1.5-2grams upon wakening. The pumps and slight felling of euphoria last all day....
Yeah. Some people notice it @ 750-1g others have to go higher I guess.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

i haven't had the best experience with agmatine in the past, it's kind of hit or miss for me in terms of pump....but i'm thinking maybe i just wasn't dosing it high enough, i've recently been using synthetic's caps at a gram a day and the pumps have been better than i've experienced before......anyone ever dose over a gram and what kind of results did you see?
I've dose up to 1.5g, but its not THAT much better for me than 1g. Try it out, perhaps you just need a higher dose?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Euphoria huh? I've tried up to 1g upon waking, for a few weeks, and noticed nothing but the pumps. Weird to feel my forearms and tri's get hard just soaping up in the shower. Lol. No sleep or mood changes were noticeable.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jest wondering I've tried SNS agmatine and primaforce and the only thing that works for me iforce hemavol
Hemavol is not simply Agmatine, it contains other pump ingredients. I've found that people who seem to be "non responders" simply haven't found a dosing protocol that works for their body. I respond great to 1g pre workout with no food. Others love 500mg-1g with pre workout carbs.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to dose 1g pre workout and split the doses up or prebed on off days.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Started at 1 gram daily, then bumped up to 1.5g daily for a few weeks, and then bumped up to my current dosage of 2 grams daily and have been at this dosage for the past 4 weeks. I usually just take it all first thing in the morning and the effects seem to last all day as long as I take it daily. So far have found it very theraputic for pain management as well as noticeable GDA benefits since I use along with NaRala. Sleep has been great along with mood and nice mild pumps. I have gotten much leaner even while eating more carbs and I am finding that my body seems to be using all the carbs I take in much more efficiently ever since I started the agmatine. Using Synthetic Supplements brand and will be trying SNS bulk powder once my SS caps run out.

On a side note I am finding that 2 grams of agamtine daily provides many similar effects to approximately 200-250mg of icariin actives. I am planning to add some 40% icariin to my long term agmatine run in a few weeks and see how well they do together.

silenteuphor

silenteuphor

Awards
Just started taking it yesterday actually. Read a lot about it on these boards. Prior to agamtine, I was using D-Pol by Purus for my pumps but all that is is a bunch of B vitamins essentially (don't get me wrong, it works nicely).
I am taking 1g of agamtine. I definitely felt the euphoric feeling (nothing crazy, just a slight nice feeling) and a bit of a pump. I might try and dose up to 1.5 and then 2g like others on here said, to see if I can stretch more out of it.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I tend to dose .5-1g pre-workout when I do take it around workout times. I personally prefer 1-1.5 grams with Na-RALA first thing in the morning before a meal best tho.

Just a little bit.
Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it is overhyped.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
With the new SNS Agmatine 100g powder, I'm experimenting with 2-3g. 2g is my sweet spot

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I tend to dose .5-1g pre-workout when I do take it around workout times. I personally prefer 1-1.5 grams with Na-RALA first thing in the morning before a meal best tho.

Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it is overhyped.
Doesn't work for a lot of people; just like any supplement.

D2footballjrc

D2footballjrc

Awards
2.5g has been my sweet spot. Loving Agmatine dosing at that level, no stomach issues.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
looks like i'll play with dosing, get me a few bottles, i've only been taking it on lifting days and getting a good pump at 1g, still not the best i've had though....maybe i'll play with 1.5g preworkout

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards

I use AI Sports Agmatine.... I pop 4 caps about 30 min prior to training.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
With the new SNS Agmatine 100g powder, I'm experimenting with 2-3g. 2g is my sweet spot
Just no added benefit for you, at 3g or do you start to get side effects? I've never taken more than 1g at a time. I have no idea what happens when you take that much. I dont have enough left to play with that dosing for more than a day or two.

Btw, what does the bulk powder taste like? Thinking about taking that route if I buy it again. Prob try bulk Cit Mal first though...

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just no added benefit for you, at 3g or do you start to get side effects? I've never taken more than 1g at a time. I have no idea what happens when you take that much. I dont have enough left to play with that dosing for more than a day or two.

Btw, what does the bulk powder taste like? Thinking about taking that route if I buy it again. Prob try bulk Cit Mal first though...
Bulk powder shouldn't taste too bad. I honestly have never had a problem even with it even mixed alone in water. The taste isn't good but it is far from horrible like some bulk powders.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

I've never really had sides with agmatine besides hypotension, but 2g really brings out the mood support. A lot more positive feel to everything I was doing.

The bulk powder isn't great tasting but it's easily masked. I do prefer citrulline malate in a preworkout setting.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never really had sides with agmatine besides hypotension, but 2g really brings out the mood support. A lot more positive feel to everything I was doing.

The bulk powder isn't great tasting but it's easily masked. I do prefer citrulline malate in a preworkout setting.

What dose did you notice hypotension at?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I experienced some mild hypotension myself when I first bumped up to 2 grams daily. After a few days it seemed to have subsided or possibly my body adapted to it. No issue now though.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I have been enjoying dosing agmatine higher as well with bulk powder. I must admit though sns agmatine gives me clearly better pumps than other brands. Even at lower dosages sns agmatine for me is superior pump wise.

Strange but the quality of the raws from sns much be superior. Annoying actually as sns is impossible to get in Australia. Worth the extra postage though IMO.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
On a side note when dosing sns agmatine at 1 gram pre with Creatine nitrate I had several guys at the gym ask what cycle I'm on. Got to love those comments! Tren was their guess and when I responded with sns agmatine their interest dwindled.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2.5g has been my sweet spot. Loving Agmatine dosing at that level, no stomach issues.
2.5? wow, I seriously need to experiment...I've yet to go above 1g preWO...

wondered that myself, tried 1g shot gunned, chased with water, quite bitter tasting...tried 1g in protein, also bitter....1g tossed into a preWO, masks it pretty good...

I have been enjoying dosing agmatine higher as well with bulk powder. I must admit though sns agmatine gives me clearly better pumps than other brands. Even at lower dosages sns agmatine for me is superior pump wise.

Strange but the quality of the raws from sns much be superior. Annoying actually as sns is impossible to get in Australia. Worth the extra postage though IMO.
Why, thank ya much M8 :hug:

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kind of pumped (pun intended)....i haven't used a preworkout in awhile....so i have a bag full of samples my buddy gave me, i have 30 individual sticks of some preworkout with arginine nitrate in it which has worked well for me in the past....mix that with a gram of agmatine and it should be crazy pumps....atleast have some fun with the pumps in the gym for awhile

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
kind of pumped (pun intended)....i haven't used a preworkout in awhile....so i have a bag full of samples my buddy gave me, i have 30 individual sticks of some preworkout with arginine nitrate in it which has worked well for me in the past....mix that with a gram of agmatine and it should be crazy pumps....atleast have some fun with the pumps in the gym for awhile
I have done this as well. Add some citrulline malate and its almost unbearable.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have done this as well. Add some citrulline malate and its almost unbearable.
oh yeah the preworkout has that in there as well....it's kind of a laundry list of ingredients...but whatever the samples were free

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oh yeah the preworkout has that in there as well....it's kind of a laundry list of ingredients...but whatever the samples were free
as long as its reputable prop blends can be decent

ti2evorb

Awards
3 grams citrulline with 2 grams of agmatine (sns or prima, dun care) and 1gram of HICA 30 mins pre workout gaves me honest to buddha all day pumps. At another point i was takin 1gram agmatine, 1g argnine, 750mg velvet bean (std l-dopa) 45min to hour before bed when i had to quit smoking weed due to legal problems n couldnt sleep through the night much less fall asleep at a decent hour and that stack reset my bio-clock and had me sleeping so deep through the night i wish i could start a supp company jus to sell that blend as a sleep-aid.

ti2evorb

Awards
and i also tried dosing up to 3 grams of agmatine by itself and it definitly does improve pumps but adding even as much as 500mg of citrulline made all the difference.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3 grams citrulline with 2 grams of agmatine (sns or prima, dun care) and 1gram of HICA 30 mins pre workout gaves me honest to buddha all day pumps. At another point i was takin 1gram agmatine, 1g argnine, 750mg velvet bean (std l-dopa) 45min to hour before bed when i had to quit smoking weed due to legal problems n couldnt sleep through the night much less fall asleep at a decent hour and that stack reset my bio-clock and had me sleeping so deep through the night i wish i could start a supp company jus to sell that blend as a sleep-aid.

this is where its at. Citrulline+Agmatine almost painful pumps.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so at this point for pumps i'm on:
1g agmatine
2g argnine nitrate
1g citruline malate

it's for fun at this point, my triceps got pumped up real quick yesterday

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
this is where its at. Citrulline+Agmatine almost painful pumps.
This ^^
Throw in some creatine nitrate and that's about as good as I have found thus far. For me though it HAS to be SNS agmatine. The other suppliers just seem to fall short results wise.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1g agmatine
2g argnine nitrate
1g citruline malate

painful pumpz

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This ^^
Throw in some creatine nitrate and that's about as good as I have found thus far. For me though it HAS to be SNS agmatine. The other suppliers just seem to fall short results wise.
Our agmatine does rock thanks craig

willib

Awards
  • Established
i should say i like sns products also,considering how many i have used,will try agmatine next.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My favorite agmatine dosing protocol is 1 gram before my pre workout meal with r ala then another gram (2 scoops hemavol) 15-30 mins before I start lifting. On off days I just take 1 gram before my largest carb meal

rehj

rehj

Awards
I've been messing with this for a while and here's my favorite (especially to keep pumps and muscle fullness on a cut):

750 mg 30 min before first carb meal of day and 1.5 g before workout. I usually use .5 serving of hemavol (contributes .5 g of Agmatine) preWO and also has a good dose of Cit Mal in there. The two combined give an unreal pump (great synergy). The other gram comes from SNS Agmatine caps.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been messing with this for a while and here's my favorite (especially to keep pumps and muscle fullness on a cut):

750 mg 30 min before first carb meal of day and 1.5 g before workout. I usually use .5 serving of hemavol (contributes .5 g of Agmatine) preWO and also has a good dose of Cit Mal in there. The two combined give an unreal pump (great synergy). The other gram comes from SNS Agmatine caps.
that seems like a pretty good protocol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
1g agmatine
2g argnine nitrate
1g citruline malate

Wow. Lol, :thumbsup:

John Smeton