My BCAA's REEEEK!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I used to use flavored BCAA's from ON

I switched to unflavored

My routine is to throw 30 grams into this 80 ounce jug thing I have and sip on it from 6am-9pm (I work out at 730am)

Well, since I switched to the unflavored, I noticed this stuff flat out STINKS? Rancid bad!

Only when mixed with the water though

Any concerns??

bobbymac

bobbymac

Awards
Try mixing with Crystal Lite or Mio.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
BCAA's are notorious for poor solubility and nasty taste/smell when not flavored.....I use such a high leucine content BCAA, that I said fuq it and have been using the straight bulk leucine from NP now at five 5 grams scoops PWO. Its cheaper, but I have to put the scoop in my mouth and chase it with some liquid each time due to the lousy mixability (straight leucine seems impossible to dissolve in water), although the taste is not bad.....

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL @ Warbird :p

So are you all confirming the horrid smell ONCE MIXED with water to be OK?

Mine doesnt smell at all until its added to water, hence the concern

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
LOL @ Warbird :p

So are you all confirming the horrid smell ONCE MIXED with water to be OK?

Mine doesnt smell at all until its added to water, hence the concern
I know glutamine and arginine smell bad when mixed with water, like fish or something :D......like I was saying the leucine won't mix, its unflavored, so I can't comment on that....and the BCAA I have been using for years is flavored (and tastes good lol)....but I do recall back in the day when using unflavored BCAA that it tasted very nasty and didn't smell good at all. Overall in my experience though, aminos tend to smell bad when mixed with water......I am one of the guys who is in favor of mixing BCAA and drinking immediately (remember our threads about the degradation of BCAA in water over time and in heat? and the different ideas on to drink quickly or let sit for 12-24 hours?)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not only does it smell bad makes your breath taste like someone farted in your mouth lol. discusting. As long as modern BCAAs is out, ill be using them for my BCAAs. straight leucine is horrid, however doesnt smell as bad as LCLT which smells like ****ing nasty ass fish or gym socks. something rank.

I switched to modern BCAAs. no unpleasant smell or taste.

Solubility is always the same frothy. Put it in the fridge or freezer for a bit and shake ever 30 min. Itll go away in like a hour or 2

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL thanks peeps ;)

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
lol brother,
I swallow scoops of bulk powder of pretty much everything,
including ALA, EEAs, BCAAs, Leucine etc..
but sipping on unflavored BCAAs is something I cannot deal with :D it's bad

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, me thinks I am going to have to switch soon

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Yeah, me thinks I am going to have to switch soon
Mix 'em up, most flavored BCAAs have strong enough flavor
I buy let's say 2Kg xtend - or whatever product of your choice - 2Kg bulk BCAA/EAA - 2Kg bulk Leucine
then i do one scoop of each, this way not only you get the flavor (for me is enough, I don't like too sweet/too strong)
but you also get the mixability, the "product" takes care of that even for the bulk powders part :)

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MMMmmmm Leucine

The only BCAAs i have ever tasted with high leucine content and that taste good are the new Modern BCAAs with the electrolytes. I tried the fruit punch.

It wont mix with a spoon, you need a shaker. But I am hardcore so i just spin it with a spoon a few times and chug

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
MMMmmmm Leucine

The only BCAAs i have ever tasted with high leucine content and that taste good are the new Modern BCAAs with the electrolytes. I tried the fruit punch.

It wont mix with a spoon, you need a shaker. But I am hardcore so i just spin it with a spoon a few times and chug

Well, if you just have to gulp it is not a problem, sh#t I just put the powder in my mouth and down it
with a sip of water, but when you have to sip on it, eh...
I *abuse* leucine and I really don't taste it (and mixes fine) in a shaker with 1 scoop of xtend

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im surprised someone as rigidly low carb as you doesnt pass out form the insulin surge from Leucine

Too much of it and it knocks me out!

no joke

I am a low carber like you but not nearly as disciplined

I *abuse* leucine and I really don't taste it (and mixes fine) in a shaker with 1 scoop of xtend

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
sh#t I just put the powder in my mouth and down it
with a sip of water,
thats what I do, but i usually use some zero coke....it seems to mix with the powder better if you slosh it around in your mouth, so it goes down w/o the remaining dry part of the powder hitting your throat (which happens with water to me a lot)....

silenteuphor

silenteuphor

Awards
Moral to this story (thread)? Don't buy unflavored bulk BCAA :) (*unless you are really cheap and don't mind drinking fishy smelling drinks daily)
LOL you know what, I still would probably not mind an unflavored BCAA over a horribly flavored one that you can't dilute. At least you can mix an unflavored with a flavor (i.e. Crystal Lite, Mio, Gatorade, whatever). I have a bottle of BCAA that god only knows what flavor they were trying to achieve. It is a sickly sweet sweaty balls sorta flavor. I gag almost each time I drink it. I have to hold my nose and chug. I tried mixing with a strong flavored sugar free drink to hide their disgusting attempt but it ends up still with a hint...

Funny thing is it doesn't say it is flavored on the bottle. For all I know the **** went bad and I am drinking botulism or something ha ha :)

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
LOL you know what, I still would probably not mind an unflavored BCAA over a horribly flavored one that you can't dilute. At least you can mix an unflavored with a flavor (i.e. Crystal Lite, Mio, Gatorade, whatever). I have a bottle of BCAA that god only knows what flavor they were trying to achieve. It is a sickly sweet sweaty balls sorta flavor. I gag almost each time I drink it. I have to hold my nose and chug. I tried mixing with a strong flavored sugar free drink to hide their disgusting attempt but it ends up still with a hint...

Funny thing is it doesn't say it is flavored on the bottle. For all I know the **** went bad and I am drinking botulism or something ha ha :)
I'll qualify that statement with *unflavored BCAA that taste/mix/smell like shyt* (which is most of them). If you find one that DOESN'T taste/smell like shyt? or mixes well with cheap flavoring? and is cheap? then yeah drink it up. But I'm the same way, I'm known to use powders with expiration dates of 1-4 years ago LMFAO...esp protein powders, they are fine....I think...I haven't died yet at least....

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Oh my God.....just took the first serving of PF glutamine peptide powder (unflavored of course).....worst taste ever in the history of my life. Whackeds BCAA's are like grape kool-aid comapred to this stuff :D

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im surprised someone as rigidly low carb as you doesnt pass out form the insulin surge from Leucine

no joke

Insulin response is only in presence of glucose :)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Non flavored doesn't mean tastless lol. Learned that the hard wSy bout 8 years ago lol

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards

no joke

The increase in my performance, energy and endurance in the gym is *stupid*
since I megadose leucine; and nope, I absolutely don't get any kinda side

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome! ;)

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
So I used to use flavored BCAA's from ON

I switched to unflavored

My routine is to throw 30 grams into this 80 ounce jug thing I have and sip on it from 6am-9pm (I work out at 730am)

Well, since I switched to the unflavored, I noticed this stuff flat out STINKS? Rancid bad!

Only when mixed with the water though

Any concerns??
no concern about them being bad... just unflavored bcaas are ususally pretty bitter

If you want to try our 4:1:1 BCAA, Recover Pro (Lemonade and Raspberry) PM me and I'll get you some free samples