Agmatine while fasting?

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
Is there any point in taking agmatine if you fast and train fasted? would you go hypoglycemic?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
It has a similar CNS effect of a GDA, it could make you go hipoglycemic I have seen people reporting it. Problem would actually be more the cravings it causes on some people, but taking it along with some caffeine and/or yohimbe should be able to control the hunger. Personally I'm sometimes taking it P.W.O. with EC stack when my workout is gonna be fast and followed by my fast break with a high carb meal. It has yielded a more prolonged time for my pumps after working out and well...I gotta say the synergy of Agmatine+Citrulline malate just makes it perfect :)

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
So post workout would be a good place to take it in this case?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
So post workout would be a good place to take it in this case?
Not really it all depends , the Half Life isn't that big , so if you want the overall benefits from it as well as the GDA effects have it no later than 45 minutes BEFORE a meal, if that is postworkout well it is postworkout then :). But pre-workout has its benefits too...depends on what you are looking for from it.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Not really it all depends , the Half Life isn't that big , so if you want the overall benefits from it as well as the GDA effects have it no later than 45 minutes BEFORE a meal, if that is postworkout well it is postworkout then :). But pre-workout has its benefits too...depends on what you are looking for from it.
45 minutes? Typical gda suggestions are or 15-30 mins premeal, why is this different?

Also, if I take my agmatine before my pre workout meal then have cit mal before I workout (maybe 60 or so minutes later) would I still get the synergistic results?

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
45 minutes? Typical gda suggestions are or 15-30 mins premeal, why is this different?

Also, if I take my agmatine before my pre workout meal then have cit mal before I workout (maybe 60 or so minutes later) would I still get the synergistic results?
Yes, assuming your preworkout meal contains a good bit of carbs.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

What typical GDAs are you referring to if I may ask? Na-R-Ala has a pretty LONG half life...lasts almost all day...and Berberine is no short half life compound either...Could you refer me to the place where you get which GDAs have short short half lives? I mean I don't doubt there might be any with a short half life, I just havent heard of any working ones that do...

As for the 45 mins , I mean that it should be BEFORE the 45 mins...obviously anything 20+ its ideal since it takes a while for the cap to melt in the stomach...but after 45 mins...well I already mentioned half life constraints.

And for that set up yes , just make sure you include carbs (albeit not too many of them) in the preworkout meal and shoot for 6g of Citrulline Malate.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yes, assuming your preworkout meal contains a good bit of carbs.
I'm more of a believer of having less than 40% of your total carbs of the day pre workout and the other 60%+ POST workout, either in 1 meal or many. Hence I did mention not that many carbs , but yeah big load of carbs works for many people too! Its all about what works for you I guess, but will it work with carbs, and in that set up? Absolutely!

There's a new size of SNS Agmatine caps that is just a steal people...get in on some, or if you go for the 100g powder, considering most people just need 1g (for weight dosage standards) you are looking at 3+ months of agmatine for a pretty solid price!

uvawahoowa

Awards
What typical GDAs are you referring to if I may ask? Na-R-Ala has a pretty LONG half life...lasts almost all day...and Berberine is no short half life compound either...Could you refer me to the place where you get which GDAs have short short half lives? I mean I don't doubt there might be any with a short half life, I just havent heard of any working ones that do...

As for the 45 mins , I mean that it should be BEFORE the 45 mins...obviously anything 20+ its ideal since it takes a while for the cap to melt in the stomach...but after 45 mins...well I already mentioned half life constraints.

And for that set up yes , just make sure you include carbs (albeit not too many of them) in the preworkout meal and shoot for 6g of Citrulline Malate.
I was referring to gda products like slin sane, slinshot, glycobol, etc.

Maybe I am reading you wrong with regards to the 45 minutes.. are you saying if I have a high carb meal at noon I should dose my agmatine at or before 1115AM? Or should I dose it between 11:15 and 11:40AM?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I was referring to gda products like slin sane, slinshot, glycobol, etc.

Maybe I am reading you wrong with regards to the 45 minutes.. are you saying if I have a high carb meal at noon I should dose my agmatine at or before 1115AM? Or should I dose it between 11:15 and 11:40AM?
Example so you understand me ok?

11AM: DOSE 1g AGMATINE!
11:20 TO 11:45: ITS OK , GOOD , ENCOURAGED AND PERFECT TO HAVE A HIGH CARB OR MODERATE CARB MEAL HERE.

Easier to get now?

Ok now as for Glycobol: Na-R-Ala , the main gda there, has a long half life...
SlinSanev2 (the new one coming out): will have Na-r-ala...emulate last answer, just don;t have it like 1 or 2 hours before a meal, try to keep it at tops 1h IMO
SlinShot: barely gonna try it...gotta catch up on the reads of it.

If you are going by the labels...please don't go ahead and just take them as a moral code to believe and perform exactly as it is. For example Erase says to take it 3x a day at similar time spans right? Well if you take 2x AM and 1xPM it still gives the same AI effect and a bit more efficiently due to the timing of hormones...same can be extrapolated to GDAs...all you have to worry about is the effective time of action of the compound being talked about...known as Half Life...

uvawahoowa

Awards
Example so you understand me ok?

11AM: DOSE 1g AGMATINE!
11:20 TO 11:45: ITS OK , GOOD , ENCOURAGED AND PERFECT TO HAVE A HIGH CARB OR MODERATE CARB MEAL HERE.

Easier to get now?

Ok now as for Glycobol: Na-R-Ala , the main gda there, has a long half life...
SlinSanev2 (the new one coming out): will have Na-r-ala...emulate last answer, just don;t have it like 1 or 2 hours before a meal, try to keep it at tops 1h IMO
SlinShot: barely gonna try it...gotta catch up on the reads of it.

If you are going by the labels...please don't go ahead and just take them as a moral code to believe and perform exactly as it is. For example Erase says to take it 3x a day at similar time spans right? Well if you take 2x AM and 1xPM it still gives the same AI effect and a bit more efficiently due to the timing of hormones...same can be extrapolated to GDAs...all you have to worry about is the effective time of action of the compound being talked about...known as Half Life...
Excellent, thanks for the clarification. Makes perfect sense...sorry for the misunderstanding!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Excellent, thanks for the clarification. Makes perfect sense...sorry for the misunderstanding!
Its ok brother :p we are all here to learn! You should see how I schooled when I mess up xD Coop will come in and make me learn the hard way with long hard reads that challenge my brain hamster...oh when I mess up exercise science too! Rodja will come in and make a proper statement and I'll feel so dumb xD hahahaha

CaptainSlentz

CaptainSlentz

Awards
Thats what i meant, before my post workout meal

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Celorza hit the nail on the head. Slin-sane v1 should be taken closer to meals due to Banaba's HL. And it looks like Russian Taragon only really works if you're diabetic...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Celorza hit the nail on the head. Slin-sane v1 should be taken closer to meals due to Banaba's HL. And it looks like Russian Taragon only really works if you're diabetic...
Usually I would check with yah before posting my thoughts on a supp but I went with my gut that I was write in this one hehe. Thanks coop

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there any point in taking agmatine if you fast and train fasted? would you go hypoglycemic?
I've taken Agmatine fasted numerous times & I've never gone hypo even with 1.5g.