best ingredient for cortisol control

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
I know there are products that handle cortisol control, like lean xtreme, ergobolic, etc. But what is the best ingredient for such? I believe 7-keto is one...anything else?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
I know there are products that handle cortisol control, like lean xtreme, ergobolic, etc. But what is the best ingredient for such? I believe 7-keto is one...anything else?
L-dopa has been shown to help control or even lower cortisol.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
7-keto (Reduce XT), 5-AT, ashwaghanda, and sutherlandia fructescens are all good options

J

jkshnanamnds

Awards
Erase Pro seems to do the trick for me. It's not cheap ~$50 for a month's supply. I started stacking Erase Pro with DAA. I have some anger issues so I was worried about the effects of DAA ( 3 grams/day ). So far I haven't felt mood or anger from the DAA ( I'm about 3 weeks into the DAA ).

I started the Erase Pro at the same time as DAA. At first I started with every other day dosing - 1 pill Erase Pro with biggest meal. I quickly went to every day since I was enjoying the effects of the DAA/Erase Pro combo. In fact the first couple of days Erase Pro was making me so mellow I kept taking naps. I have a noticably lowered level of stress / cortisol.

I think you can get the older Erase pills for a lot less but there is definitely some strong cortisol lowering with the Pro version. Some body builders report that every day dosing of Erase Pro dries out their joints. Haven't had that problem. I take 4 grams norwegian cod liver oil or fish oil every day - it's supposed to help.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Free Test, Erase, IGF 2 (Ldopa)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Erase Pro seems to do the trick for me. It's not cheap ~$50 for a month's supply. I started stacking Erase Pro with DAA. I have some anger issues so I was worried about the effects of DAA ( 3 grams/day ). So far I haven't felt mood or anger from the DAA ( I'm about 3 weeks into the DAA ).

I started the Erase Pro at the same time as DAA. At first I started with every other day dosing - 1 pill Erase Pro with biggest meal. I quickly went to every day since I was enjoying the effects of the DAA/Erase Pro combo. In fact the first couple of days Erase Pro was making me so mellow I kept taking naps. I have a noticably lowered level of stress / cortisol.

I think you can get the older Erase pills for a lot less but there is definitely some strong cortisol lowering with the Pro version. Some body builders report that every day dosing of Erase Pro dries out their joints. Haven't had that problem. I take 4 grams norwegian cod liver oil or fish oil every day - it's supposed to help.
Erase Pro is not an ingredient as the OP was inquiring about.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
J

jkshnanamnds

Awards
I decided to try Erase Pro based on pretty focused reviews at supplementsreviews.com

Here is a paragraph from on reviewer where he explains the cortisol lowering of one of its ingredients - Boerhaavia diffusa extract :

"So Erase Pro is the updated version if you will of the original erase. Erase Pro is touted as a Hardcore Hormone Modulator. Erase Pro is great on paper because it effects so many different aspects, all of which are key aspects for Bodybuilders/Lifters alike. So as far as the ingredients are concerned we have, Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione. Which is what is found in the original Erase. This is a Metabolite of 7 Keto DHEA. Androsta is a naturally occurring inhibitor of armatase. Which is the enzyme that converts test to estrogen. The second ingredient, which is a new feature in Erase Pro is Boerhaavia diffusa extract.B Diffusa has several different properties to it. First of which is acting some what similar to a serm. Basically it mimics the capabilities of mimicing estro and test binding receptors. I wont go into super amounts of detail only because I don't want to sound foolish. Another quality of this extract is cortisol lowering. Cortisol is an extremely catabolic hormone to any lifter while training. Ideally we want to lower cortisol as much as possible because it really can effect your training and gains big time. Another cool thing about this extract is it helps to destroy troubled fat deposits typically associated with higher estrogen amounts. Specifically located in the midsection and chest. The last and final ingredient in Erase Pro is Euonymus Alatus Extract. From what I understand this to has to deal with helping to get rid of fat in those unwanted places. "

G

Gym4Life

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say erase pro lowers cortisol as when I used it with daa I actually put on weight around my hips using erase pro dried my joints out quickly ...

I can see it being good for pct daa and erase pro helped me gain weight but as for cortisol control nope doesn't do that

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I wouldn't say erase pro lowers cortisol as when I used it with daa I actually put on weight around my hips using erase pro dried my joints out quickly ...

I can see it being good for pct daa and erase pro helped me gain weight but as for cortisol control nope doesn't do that
Please explain about what happened

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
None of those products have ingredients with evidence that they reduce cortisol.

Free Test and IGF-2 both have ingrediants that have been shown to help control/lower cortisol.
Freetest has 3,7 Keto DHEA. 7-Keto derivatives competitively interact with the 11beta-HSD1 enzyme, which is the enzyme that allows the transfer of inactive glucocorticoids to active ones. This is important as it therefore helps keep cortisol levels lower than normal by slowing (but not stopping) the conversion of inactive cortisol to active cortisol - allowing for mitigated levels of this catabolic hormone.

Also IGF has L-dopa which has numerous studies on it and it's effects on cortisol.

jdg76
Team APNUT

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7-keto (Reduce XT), 5-AT, ashwaghanda, and sutherlandia fructescens are all good options
Currently using 7-Keto as well as ashwaghanda. If you take this, especially when you take an AI pick up some cissus...my joints are getting quazi dried out.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Reduce xt is my fav

P

pressureSpike

Banned
Awards
What the difference between ergobolic and the rest of these other cortisol products

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like to rub my cortisol control on with Abliderate Advanced.

On my gut you sickos!

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Free Test and IGF-2 both have ingrediants that have been shown to help control/lower cortisol.
Freetest has 3,7 Keto DHEA. 7-Keto derivatives competitively interact with the 11beta-HSD1 enzyme, which is the enzyme that allows the transfer of inactive glucocorticoids to active ones. This is important as it therefore helps keep cortisol levels lower than normal by slowing (but not stopping) the conversion of inactive cortisol to active cortisol - allowing for mitigated levels of this catabolic hormone.

Also IGF has L-dopa which has numerous studies on it and it's effects on cortisol.

jdg76
Team APNUT

Please link me to evidence on either ingredient (peer-reviewed study, not anecdote).

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Having a hard time linking it right because it is coming from a database at my college. I understand this one is on Parkinson's disease, but here is a few..

Acute levodopa administration reduces cortisol release in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Authors:Müller, T.[SUP]1[/SUP] [email protected]
Welnic, J.[SUP]1[/SUP]
Muhlack, S.[SUP]1[/SUP]Source:Journal of Neural Transmission; Mar2007, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p347-350, 4pDocument Type:ArticleSubject Terms:*DRUGS -- Administration
*DOPA
*PARKINSON'S disease
*PATIENTS
*HYDROCORTISONE
*BRAIN stem
*NERVOUS systemAuthor-Supplied Keywords:cortisol
levodopa
Parkinson&#x2019
Parkinson's disease
s diseaseAbstract:Levodopa (LD) application improves motor symptoms in patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD) patients. Little is known on further effects of LD, which induced lower plasma levels of cortisol and lower serotonergic activity in certain brain areas of fish. Objectives of this trial were to analyse levels of cortisol, LD and 3-O-methyldopa (3-OMD) after administration of LD/benserazide in long term treated PD patients. 12 PD patients, taken off their regular treatment for at least 12 hours, received soluble 200 mg LD/50 mg benserazide under stress free conditions. Motor symptoms improved, LD and 3-OMD levels increased, whereas cortisol concentrations started to decrease significantly 30 minutes after LD intake. This reduced cortisol release may result from an overflow of exogenous LD in the brainstem. This hypothetically causes an reduced 5-HT content in neurons projecting to the hypothalamic structures, which are involved in the partial 5-HT dependent central regulation of peripheral cortisol release. [ABSTRACT FROM AUTHOR] Copyright of Journal of Neural Transmission is the property of Springer Science & Business Media B.V. and its content may not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder's express written permission. However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use. This abstract may be abridged. No warranty is given about the accuracy of the copy. Users should refer to the original published version of the material for the full abstract. (Copyright applies to all Abstracts.)Author Affiliations:[SUP]1[/SUP]Department of Neurology, St. Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany.ISSN:03009564DOI:10.1007/s00702-006-0552-0Accession Number:24157246Database:Academic Search Premier

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Having a hard time linking it right because it is coming from a database at my college. I understand this one is on Parkinson's disease, but here is a few..

Acute levodopa administration reduces cortisol release in patients with Parkinson’s disease. Authors:Müller, T.[SUP]1[/SUP] [email protected]
Welnic, J.[SUP]1[/SUP]
Muhlack, S.[SUP]1[/SUP]Source:Journal of Neural Transmission; Mar2007, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p347-350, 4pDocument Type:ArticleSubject Terms:*DRUGS -- Administration
*DOPA
*PARKINSON'S disease
*PATIENTS
*HYDROCORTISONE
*BRAIN stem
*NERVOUS systemAuthor-Supplied Keywords:cortisol
levodopa
Parkinson&#x2019
Parkinson's disease
s diseaseAbstract:Levodopa (LD) application improves motor symptoms in patients with Parkinson’s disease (PD) patients. Little is known on further effects of LD, which induced lower plasma levels of cortisol and lower serotonergic activity in certain brain areas of fish. Objectives of this trial were to analyse levels of cortisol, LD and 3-O-methyldopa (3-OMD) after administration of LD/benserazide in long term treated PD patients. 12 PD patients, taken off their regular treatment for at least 12 hours, received soluble 200 mg LD/50 mg benserazide under stress free conditions. Motor symptoms improved, LD and 3-OMD levels increased, whereas cortisol concentrations started to decrease significantly 30 minutes after LD intake. This reduced cortisol release may result from an overflow of exogenous LD in the brainstem. This hypothetically causes an reduced 5-HT content in neurons projecting to the hypothalamic structures, which are involved in the partial 5-HT dependent central regulation of peripheral cortisol release. [ABSTRACT FROM AUTHOR] Copyright of Journal of Neural Transmission is the property of Springer Science & Business Media B.V. and its content may not be copied or emailed to multiple sites or posted to a listserv without the copyright holder's express written permission. However, users may print, download, or email articles for individual use. This abstract may be abridged. No warranty is given about the accuracy of the copy. Users should refer to the original published version of the material for the full abstract. (Copyright applies to all Abstracts.)Author Affiliations:[SUP]1[/SUP]Department of Neurology, St. Josef Hospital, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany.ISSN:03009564DOI:10.1007/s00702-006-0552-0Accession Number:24157246Database:Academic Search Premier
This has zero relevance to healthy populations. L-dopa is a well-documented treatment for a myriad of Parkinson's disease symptoms.

J

jkshnanamnds

Awards
^Pretty inaccurate lol
I'm not completely sold on Erase Pro, especially from a "value" perspective. I'm thinking of trying to source its alleged cortisol lowering ingredient directly since I think I need cortisol management - I have adrenal fatigue from years of grande coffee drinks and 20 oz. diet pepsi's and Dr. Pepper's.

Here's some more info about the new ingredients in Erase Pro ( I pulled this info from another site ) :

"Anyone hear of these two ingredients before? They are the two new ingredients in PES new version of Erase.

Tired Of Feeling Soft? Want To Feel Like A “Test-Enhanced” Brick Wall?

You already know why increasing testosterone is king… But did you know this?

Estrogen is one of the key hormones in the male body for storing fat in the face, abdomen, waistline, and chest. It’s also one of the hormones that increase fluid retention. Put two and two together and you’ll have a
soft, fat, and bloated physique if your levels are out of whack…

Unfortunately, testosterone converts to estrogen in your body. If you increase your testosterone levels you’ll also increase your estrogen levels. Don’t you wish you could lower your estrogen and increase your testosterone simultaneously?

Erase Pro Steps Up Where Others Fall Short

Erase Pro gives you a hardcore hormone modulating formula so strong only one capsule is needed per day

Synergy Activator 1: Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione

Our formula is centered on all new ingredients that work together. This underground compound found in Erase Pro is an irreversible inhibitor of aromatase, the enzyme in the body that converts testosterone to estrogen When this enzyme is inhibited it not only decreases estrogen levels but also increases testosterone levels 2 for 1 anabolic modulation.

The Best Just Got Better

This ingredient has already been raved about for over a year in regular Erase. Erase Pro is a HUGE upgrade. First, we give a full 75mg of Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione per capsule. Do NOT take more than 1 per day! This is the full and maximal dose. Erase Pro is 3x more concentrated per capsule than regular Erase and adds two very hardcore new ingredients.

This revolutionary underground ingredient has shown to have binding affinities to the aromatase enzyme better than previous popular aromatase inhibitors like formestane and even Rx AI’s like exemestane.

No prescription required here, but you do need to consult your physician before taking Erase Pro.

Synergy Activator 2: Boerhaavia diffusa extract

In order for estrogen to have all of its negative effects in the body it must bind to the estrogen receptor site.
Another all new ingredient in Erase Pro’s™ cutting-edge formula binds to this receptor itself, thus not allowing estrogen to bind to its receptor.

When this receptor is inactivated, it fools the body into thinking it needs more estrogen by making MORE TESTOSTERONE.

This is similar to the mechanism of underground substances known as SERMs. Again, no prescription needed here, but please consult your physician before use.

SERMs are popular in the underground bodybuilding world because they work. They are commonly used to activate testosterone release and simultaneously lower estrogen levels after users are coming off of steroids. They are also used as standalone testosterone boosters due to their potent mechanism of action.

B. diffusa also has a very special property that may be uncommon to the average supplement user, but should NOT go unrecognized. If you want to learn about a muscle-eating hormone in your body…keep reading…

Cortisol is what as known as a catabolic steroid, the opposite of an anabolic steroid. That’s right… it actually breaks down muscle! Keep me away from that stuff…

Cortisol levels spike in your body when stress levels are high, such as in the morning, after work, after a workout, during cardio, etc.

So, if logic serves you right, you can see that keeping cortisol levels low is the key for being anti-catabolic and allowing you to make maximal gains.

An animal study on B. diffusa showed that during a high stress swimming test, the group taking b. diffusa did not have a strong cortisol spike, whereas the control group taking no b. diffusa cortisol levels DOUBLED! Also worth noting, the group taking b. diffusa swam 25% longer.

B. diffusa has also shown to have notable diuretic activity in animal models, which fits Erase Pro’s road to a lean, dry, hard physique. Last, and certainly not least, B. diffusa has shown to have alpha-2-adrenergic inhibiting properties. This is the evil fat storing enzyme in your stomach and chest fat. Turn it OFF.

Synergy Activator 3: Euonymus Alatus Extract

This all new ingredient utilizes a pathway that we just had to investigate and could not let go unnoticed – in situ estrogen reduction. The data on EA performed on in situ aromatase inhibition is exciting to say the least…the mechanisms may be the frontier of pharmaceuticals. By in situ, we mean this ingredient has shown the ability in vitro to act in certain cells lines that have their own aromatase enzymes present, typically in high concentration, and EA theoretically reduces estrogen in those target cells.

Scientists have suggested that certain people may have more or less aromatase enzymes present in their mammary (breast) tissue. We believe this may explain why some people are more prone to gyno (bitch-tits) and others are not. The fact that this herb has the ability to inhibit aromatase in vitro in certain tissues with high production of aromatase, it makes for the icing on the cake in Erase Pro. Consider it “bitch-tit” insurance…

We have extensively tested these ingredients, found the correct doses, and the best extracts to exert the greatest possible ergogenic and physiological effects.

It has been a long road to this final formula…but when we got a hold of these new compounds and started playing with specific extracts and doses, we knew we had something special. A huge upgrade to an already overwhelmingly strong product.
yea I know it is massively sales pitchy but are the claims about the two new ingredients have any science supporting them? Or all sales hype?"

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Directly below relates to DHEA, but at the bottom it shows how the 7-Keto analogues share the same characteristics-look at the very bottom in bold for the receptor physiology- it doesn't paint the total picture, but shows how the molecular structures interact and why 7-Ketosteroids have an affinity for 11b-HSD:

"Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is freely available in Northern America and taken as an additive hormone for general well being. DHEA has been reported to exert "anti-glucocorticoid" effects by lowering blood glucose levels and improving insulin sensitivity in obese rodents and humans, resembling the effects of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPARγ) ligands; however, the underlying mechanisms are not fully understood. In differentiated 3T3-L1 adipocytes and in white adipose tissue and in liver of C57BL/6J mice, we found that DHEA causes down-regulation of 11β-HSD1 (the enzyme responsible for the local reactivation of glucocorticoids) and dose-dependent reduction of its reductase activity. Hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase was also down-regulated in these cells and tissues. The effects of DHEA were comparable with those of the PPARγ agonist rosiglitazone but not additive. Analysis of the transcription factors involved in the DHEA-dependent regulation of 11β-HSD1 expression revealed a switch in CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP) expression. C/EBPα, a potent activator of 11β-HSD1 gene transcription, was down-regulated in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and in liver and adipose tissue of DHEA-treated mice, whereas C/EBPβ and C/EBPδ, attenuating the effect of C/EBPα, were unchanged or elevated. Our results further suggest a protective effect of DHEA on adipose tissue by up-regulating PPARα and down-regulating leptin, thereby contributing to the reduced expression of 11β-HSD1.
We also investigated effects of DHEA on 11β-HSD2-dependent glucocorticoid inactivation in cells and animal models. DHEA treatment markedly increased mRNA expression and activity of 11β-HSD2 in RCCD2 rat renal cortical collecting duct cells and in kidneys of C57BL/6J mice and Sprague-Dawley rats. DHEA-treated rats tended to have reduced urinary corticosterone to 11-dehydrocorticosterone ratios. The effect of DHEA on 11β-HSD2 is likely due to altered transcriptional regulation. It involves activation of the PI3K/Akt pathway and a shift of the ratio of C/EBP expression from C/EBPα to C/EBPβ, primarily as a result of increased C/EBPβ mRNA and protein expression. C/EBPα and C/EBPβ differentially regulate the expression of 11β-HSD1 and 11β-HSD2. The DHEA-induced decrease of the ratio of active to inactive glucocorticoids provides a possible explanation for the anti-glucocorticoid effects of DHEA.

Related publications:
Apostolova G, Schweizer RA, Balazs Z, Kostadinova RM, Odermatt A, Dehydroepiandrosterone Inhibits the Amplification of Glucocorticoid Action in Adipose Tissue. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2005 May;288(5):E957-64.
Balazs Z, Schweizer RAS, Frey FJ, Jeanrenaud-Rohner F, and Odermatt A, Dehydroepiandrosterone induces the expression and activity of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 in the kidney by acting on CCAAT/enhancer binding proteins. J Am Soc Nephrol 2008 Jan; 19(1):92-101.

Alternative substrates for 11β-HSD1

Rapid hepatic metabolism of 7-ketocholesterol by 11β-HSD1

We demonstrated a role for 11β-HSD1 in the metabolism of 7-ketocholesterol (7KC), one of the major dietary oxysterols. Comparison of recombinant 11β-HSD1, transiently expressed in human embryonic kidney 293 cells, revealed the stereo-specific formation of 7β-hydroxycholesterol from 7KC by rat and human 11β-HSD1, whereas the hamster enzyme formed 7α-hydroxycholesterol and 7β-hydroxycholesterol. While lysates efficiently catalyzed both oxidation and reduction, intact cells exclusively reduced 7KC. These findings were confirmed using rat and hamster liver homogenates, intact rat hepatocytes, and intact hamster liver tissue slices. Reduction of 7KC was abolished upon inhibition of 11β-HSD1.
In vivo, after gavage feeding rats, 7KC rapidly appeared in the liver and was converted to 7β-hydroxycholesterol. Carbenoxolone significantly decreased the ratio of 7β-hydroxycholesterol to 7KC, indicating 11β-HSD1-dependent reduction of 7KC to 7β-hydroxycholesterol. Upon inhibition of 11β-HSD1 by carbenoxolone, 7KC tended to accumulate in the liver, and plasma 7KC concentration increased. Together, 11β-HSD1 efficiently catalyzes the first step in the rapid hepatic metabolism of dietary 7KC, which may explain why dietary 7KC has little or no effect on the development of atherosclerosis.

Related publication:
Schweizer, R. A. S., Zürcher, M., Balazs, Z., Dick, B., and Odermatt, A. (2004) Rapid Hepatic Metabolism of 7-Ketocholesterol by 11β-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1. J. Biol. Chem., 279, 18415-18424.

The role of H6PDH in the 11β-HSD1-dependent metabolism of 7-keto- and 7β-hydroxy-neurosteroids

Several studies suggest that 7-keto- and 7-hydroxysteroids exert neuroprotective, anti-glucocorticoid and immune-modulatory effects. We recently demonstrated that 11β-HSD1 functions in a reversible way and efficiently catalyzes the interconversion of 7-keto- and 7-hydroxyneurosteroids in intact cells. In the presence of H6PDH, 11β-HSD1 predominantly converted 7-keto-DHEA and 7-ketopregnenolone into their corresponding 7β-hydroxy metabolites, indicating a role for H6PDH and 11β-HSD1 in the local generation of 7β-hydroxyneurosteroids. 3D-structural modeling offered an explanation for the preferred formation of 7β-hydroxyneurosteroids. Our results from experiments determining the steady state concentrations of glucocorticoids or 7-oxygenated neurosteroids suggested that the equilibrium between cortisone and cortisol and between 7-keto- and 7-hydroxyneurosteroids is regulated by 11β-HSD1 and greatly depends on the coexpression with H6PDH. Thus, the impact of H6PDH on 11β-HSD1 activity has to be considered for understanding both glucocorticoid and neurosteroid action in different tissues. The A ring of 7β-hydroxy-DHEA (7β-OH-DHEA) is oriented towards the interior of 11β-HSD1. The C7β-hydroxyl in 7β-hydroxy-DHEA superimposes nicely on the C11β-hydroxyl in corticosterone with equal predicted distances to C4 of the nicotinamide ring and the hydroxyl of the catalytic tyrosine.

Related publication:Nashev LG, Chandsawangbhuwana C, Balazs Z, Atanasov AG, Dick B, Frey FJ, Baker ME, and Odermatt A. Hexose-6-phosphate Dehydrogenase Modulates 11β-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1-dependent Metabolism of 7-keto- and 7β-hydroxyneurosteroids PloS ONE 2007 Jun 27; 2:e561.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good info in here.

B

BrainyMuscle

Awards
I was going to throw my hat in and vote Erase (original formula) primary ingredient - Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione.

But after reading the entire thread and seeing ashwaghanda, DHEA, 7-Keto DHEA etc I use another product that contains all these in one formula, although I didnt buy it for cortisol control.

The product: High Energy Labs HGH Complete

Ingredients:
Secretagen Proprietary Growth Enhancer/Releaser Complex: Tribulus )Tribulus terrestris) fruit extract, GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), Asddhwaganda (Withaniasmnifera), (root), Alpha GPC (L-alpha-glycerylphosphosphroylcholine), Mucuna Pruriens (bean extract )[15%] L-Dopa, Maca (Lepidium meyenill) (root), 7KETO (3-aceetyl-7-oxo dehydroepiandrosterone), Micronized DHEA (Dehydroepiandronsterone), Zinc (as OpticZinc), MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane), Copper Citrate, Melatonin, Chromium Polynicotinate (as Chromemate)

Proprietary Antioxidant Complex: Ascorbic acid (Vit C), Alpha Lipoic Acid SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) Citrus Bioflavonoids, CoEnzyme Q-10

Now I just bought it and it hasnt arrived yet in the mail so I'm hoping once it arrives that all those ingredients do the trick, especially if I keep taking Erase.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Free Test contains 25 mg of Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione per capsule- we use 3,7-Oxo DHEA as the nomenclature for the compound, mostly because a couple of our larger retailers saw Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione on the label and freaked out, because they thought it was a prohormone instead of a natural aromatase inhibitor, lol....

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was going to throw my hat in and vote Erase (original formula) primary ingredient - Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione.

But after reading the entire thread and seeing ashwaghanda, DHEA, 7-Keto DHEA etc I use another product that contains all these in one formula, although I didnt buy it for cortisol control.

The product: High Energy Labs HGH Complete

Ingredients:
Secretagen Proprietary Growth Enhancer/Releaser Complex: Tribulus )Tribulus terrestris) fruit extract, GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), Asddhwaganda (Withaniasmnifera), (root), Alpha GPC (L-alpha-glycerylphosphosphroylcholine), Mucuna Pruriens (bean extract )[15%] L-Dopa, Maca (Lepidium meyenill) (root), 7KETO (3-aceetyl-7-oxo dehydroepiandrosterone), Micronized DHEA (Dehydroepiandronsterone), Zinc (as OpticZinc), MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane), Copper Citrate, Melatonin, Chromium Polynicotinate (as Chromemate)

Proprietary Antioxidant Complex: Ascorbic acid (Vit C), Alpha Lipoic Acid SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) Citrus Bioflavonoids, CoEnzyme Q-10

Now I just bought it and it hasnt arrived yet in the mail so I'm hoping once it arrives that all those ingredients do the trick, especially if I keep taking Erase.
I highly doubt that product contains effective doses of any...thing.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glycyrrhetinic acid

EDIT: Not the best, but hasn't been mentioned before.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Directly below relates to DHEA, but at the bottom it shows how the 7-Keto analogues share the same characteristics-look at the very bottom in bold for the receptor physiology- it doesn't paint the total picture, but shows how the molecular structures interact and why 7-Ketosteroids have an affinity for 11b-HSD:

"Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is freely available in Northern America and taken as an additive hormone for general well being. DHEA has been reported to exert "anti-glucocorticoid" effects by lowering blood glucose levels and improving insulin sensitivity in obese rodents and humans, resembling the effects of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPARγ) ligands; however, the underlying mechanisms are not fully understood. In differentiated 3T3-L1 adipocytes and in white adipose tissue and in liver of C57BL/6J mice, we found that DHEA causes down-regulation of 11β-HSD1 (the enzyme responsible for the local reactivation of glucocorticoids) and dose-dependent reduction of its reductase activity. Hexose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase was also down-regulated in these cells and tissues. The effects of DHEA were comparable with those of the PPARγ agonist rosiglitazone but not additive. Analysis of the transcription factors involved in the DHEA-dependent regulation of 11β-HSD1 expression revealed a switch in CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP) expression. C/EBPα, a potent activator of 11β-HSD1 gene transcription, was down-regulated in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and in liver and adipose tissue of DHEA-treated mice, whereas C/EBPβ and C/EBPδ, attenuating the effect of C/EBPα, were unchanged or elevated. Our results further suggest a protective effect of DHEA on adipose tissue by up-regulating PPARα and down-regulating leptin, thereby contributing to the reduced expression of 11β-HSD1.
We also investigated effects of DHEA on 11β-HSD2-dependent glucocorticoid inactivation in cells and animal models. DHEA treatment markedly increased mRNA expression and activity of 11β-HSD2 in RCCD2 rat renal cortical collecting duct cells and in kidneys of C57BL/6J mice and Sprague-Dawley rats. DHEA-treated rats tended to have reduced urinary corticosterone to 11-dehydrocorticosterone ratios. The effect of DHEA on 11β-HSD2 is likely due to altered transcriptional regulation. It involves activation of the PI3K/Akt pathway and a shift of the ratio of C/EBP expression from C/EBPα to C/EBPβ, primarily as a result of increased C/EBPβ mRNA and protein expression. C/EBPα and C/EBPβ differentially regulate the expression of 11β-HSD1 and 11β-HSD2. The DHEA-induced decrease of the ratio of active to inactive glucocorticoids provides a possible explanation for the anti-glucocorticoid effects of DHEA.

Related publications:
Apostolova G, Schweizer RA, Balazs Z, Kostadinova RM, Odermatt A, Dehydroepiandrosterone Inhibits the Amplification of Glucocorticoid Action in Adipose Tissue. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2005 May;288(5):E957-64.
Balazs Z, Schweizer RAS, Frey FJ, Jeanrenaud-Rohner F, and Odermatt A, Dehydroepiandrosterone induces the expression and activity of 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 in the kidney by acting on CCAAT/enhancer binding proteins. J Am Soc Nephrol 2008 Jan; 19(1):92-101.

Alternative substrates for 11β-HSD1

Rapid hepatic metabolism of 7-ketocholesterol by 11β-HSD1

We demonstrated a role for 11β-HSD1 in the metabolism of 7-ketocholesterol (7KC), one of the major dietary oxysterols. Comparison of recombinant 11β-HSD1, transiently expressed in human embryonic kidney 293 cells, revealed the stereo-specific formation of 7β-hydroxycholesterol from 7KC by rat and human 11β-HSD1, whereas the hamster enzyme formed 7α-hydroxycholesterol and 7β-hydroxycholesterol. While lysates efficiently catalyzed both oxidation and reduction, intact cells exclusively reduced 7KC. These findings were confirmed using rat and hamster liver homogenates, intact rat hepatocytes, and intact hamster liver tissue slices. Reduction of 7KC was abolished upon inhibition of 11β-HSD1.
In vivo, after gavage feeding rats, 7KC rapidly appeared in the liver and was converted to 7β-hydroxycholesterol. Carbenoxolone significantly decreased the ratio of 7β-hydroxycholesterol to 7KC, indicating 11β-HSD1-dependent reduction of 7KC to 7β-hydroxycholesterol. Upon inhibition of 11β-HSD1 by carbenoxolone, 7KC tended to accumulate in the liver, and plasma 7KC concentration increased. Together, 11β-HSD1 efficiently catalyzes the first step in the rapid hepatic metabolism of dietary 7KC, which may explain why dietary 7KC has little or no effect on the development of atherosclerosis.

Related publication:
Schweizer, R. A. S., Zürcher, M., Balazs, Z., Dick, B., and Odermatt, A. (2004) Rapid Hepatic Metabolism of 7-Ketocholesterol by 11β-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1. J. Biol. Chem., 279, 18415-18424.

The role of H6PDH in the 11β-HSD1-dependent metabolism of 7-keto- and 7β-hydroxy-neurosteroids

Several studies suggest that 7-keto- and 7-hydroxysteroids exert neuroprotective, anti-glucocorticoid and immune-modulatory effects. We recently demonstrated that 11β-HSD1 functions in a reversible way and efficiently catalyzes the interconversion of 7-keto- and 7-hydroxyneurosteroids in intact cells. In the presence of H6PDH, 11β-HSD1 predominantly converted 7-keto-DHEA and 7-ketopregnenolone into their corresponding 7β-hydroxy metabolites, indicating a role for H6PDH and 11β-HSD1 in the local generation of 7β-hydroxyneurosteroids. 3D-structural modeling offered an explanation for the preferred formation of 7β-hydroxyneurosteroids. Our results from experiments determining the steady state concentrations of glucocorticoids or 7-oxygenated neurosteroids suggested that the equilibrium between cortisone and cortisol and between 7-keto- and 7-hydroxyneurosteroids is regulated by 11β-HSD1 and greatly depends on the coexpression with H6PDH. Thus, the impact of H6PDH on 11β-HSD1 activity has to be considered for understanding both glucocorticoid and neurosteroid action in different tissues. The A ring of 7β-hydroxy-DHEA (7β-OH-DHEA) is oriented towards the interior of 11β-HSD1. The C7β-hydroxyl in 7β-hydroxy-DHEA superimposes nicely on the C11β-hydroxyl in corticosterone with equal predicted distances to C4 of the nicotinamide ring and the hydroxyl of the catalytic tyrosine.

Related publication:Nashev LG, Chandsawangbhuwana C, Balazs Z, Atanasov AG, Dick B, Frey FJ, Baker ME, and Odermatt A. Hexose-6-phosphate Dehydrogenase Modulates 11β-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1-dependent Metabolism of 7-keto- and 7β-hydroxyneurosteroids PloS ONE 2007 Jun 27; 2:e561.
Thanks Boss!

jdg76
Team APPNUT

J

jkshnanamnds

Awards
I just finished a month's run of HGH Complete. I wasn't looking for cortisol management per se; I picked it based on positive reviews for OTC muscle growth which worked to an extent for me. I gained some nice upper body growth.

Since HGH Complete uses a proprietary blend its not easy to figure out how much of each ingredient it contains. The only reason I stopped was the cost -- I paid $44 for it at bodybuilding.com although a search using NextTag listed it as low as $29 at All Star Health.

Since I'm about to start AndroDrive I'll hold off on HGH Complete until after I finish 2 months of AD. After the AD I'll go back to DAA, Erase Pro and HGH Complete and Sustain Alpha.

I

irocadiext

Awards
hey guys I love l dopa supps. I ve taken powerful, hghup, igf2. I ve gotten really nice strenght gains from all of them. Does anyone get scared that manipulating your l dopa levels is dangerous? I ve heard that since this isn t synthetic l dopa it s safe.

Also i ve seen that daa has become pretty popular and i ve read that it def can increase your test. But i ve also heard that it can increase your estrogen lvls as well to where it kinda isn t worth it. Any thoughts on this guys. Thanks for your time guys.

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
hey guys I love l dopa supps. I ve taken powerful, hghup, igf2. I ve gotten really nice strenght gains from all of them. Does anyone get scared that manipulating your l dopa levels is dangerous? I ve heard that since this isn t synthetic l dopa it s safe.

Also i ve seen that daa has become pretty popular and i ve read that it def can increase your test. But i ve also heard that it can increase your estrogen lvls as well to where it kinda isn t worth it. Any thoughts on this guys. Thanks for your time guys.
You should be cycling off L-dopa. Time on < time off, really. Also, you should consider using 5htp and egcg while using l-dopa. lastly, mucuna pruriens, not l-dopa (yes, there is an important distinction), has evidence that it increases T levels in healthy humans. I have seen zero evidence that it raises estrogen

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should be cycling off L-dopa. Time on < time off, really. Also, you should consider using 5htp and egcg while using l-dopa. lastly, mucuna pruriens, not l-dopa (yes, there is an important distinction), has evidence that it increases T levels in healthy humans. I have seen zero evidence that it raises estrogen
^^ Coop hit the nail on the head.

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
So if I used 7 keto for short term cortisol control, I would dose something like 500mg AM upon waking and another 500mg pre bed? Would this have any effect on strength workouts mid day? My bench and a few other compound lifts have gone down and I think it may be related to cortisol creating a catabolic environment

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
It really doesn't work in weight training populations unless you're overtraining
Is there evidence that vitamin c and patethine help reduce the conversion of dhea to cortisol?