best ingredient for cortisol control

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You should be cycling off L-dopa. Time on < time off, really. Also, you should consider using 5htp and egcg while using l-dopa. lastly, mucuna pruriens, not l-dopa (yes, there is an important distinction), has evidence that it increases T levels in healthy humans. I have seen zero evidence that it raises estrogen
    ^^ Coop hit the nail on the head.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Glycyrrhetinic acid

    EDIT: Not the best, but hasn't been mentioned before.

    hmm.. interesting.

    Mike

  3. Endoamp max
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    7-keto (Reduce XT), 5-AT, ashwaghanda, and sutherlandia fructescens are all good options
    So if I used 7 keto for short term cortisol control, I would dose something like 500mg AM upon waking and another 500mg pre bed? Would this have any effect on strength workouts mid day? My bench and a few other compound lifts have gone down and I think it may be related to cortisol creating a catabolic environment

  5. Anyone still use Vitamin C?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2
    Anyone still use Vitamin C?
    Does that actually work?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

    Does that actually work?
    I wouldn't waist my time or money.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    Anyone still use Vitamin C?
    It really doesn't work in weight training populations unless you're overtraining
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    It really doesn't work in weight training populations unless you're overtraining
    Is there evidence that vitamin c and patethine help reduce the conversion of dhea to cortisol?
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  10. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It really doesn't work in weight training populations unless you're overtraining
    Has it been tested for cortisol modulation in weight training populations?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    Has it been tested for cortisol modulation in weight training populations?
    Yes. And found to hinder recovery.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yes. And found to hinder recovery.
    Was that because of effects on cortisol or more related to its antioxidant capability? I ask because I will resuming weight training in a month or so and need to manage cortisol during and post training. If vitamin C is likely to increase cortisol in weight training populations then I won't take it before and post workout.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

    So if I used 7 keto for short term cortisol control, I would dose something like 500mg AM upon waking and another 500mg pre bed? Would this have any effect on strength workouts mid day? My bench and a few other compound lifts have gone down and I think it may be related to cortisol creating a catabolic environment
    Bump on this?

  14. Can I take endoamp max with reduce xt?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by saggy321 View Post
    Was that because of effects on cortisol or more related to its antioxidant capability? I ask because I will resuming weight training in a month or so and need to manage cortisol during and post training. If vitamin C is likely to increase cortisol in weight training populations then I won't take it before and post workout.
    It favors a pro-oxidative environment and disrupts the hormetic response to resistance training, dose-dependently of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Bump on this?
    You sure you mean that much 7-keto? It wouldn't affect strength and it's probably due to diet and not cortisol.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  16. Quote Originally Posted by pressureSpike View Post
    Can I take endoamp max with reduce xt?
    You can try it but proceed with caution. If you're not on some joint support + fish oil, I'd probably use the two separately.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  17. No problem will do thanks again

  18. I'd never heard anyone say anything bad about vitamin C. Google vitamin C cortisol and it's all positive about reducing cortisol.

  19. hey mr cooper thanks for your reply. Maybe i was unclear when i wrote earlier. i was asking if DAA increases estrogen to a lvl where the balance of that estrogen increase is higher than the test increase making it not worth it, not l dopa supplements. For l dopa supps i was asking if people were scared of them.

    I mean increasing l dopa is kinda manipulating brain chemistry in way. But yes i love l dopa supps and def cycle of them after a bottle or two. again thanks for your reply.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by irocadiext View Post
    hey mr cooper thanks for your reply. Maybe i was unclear when i wrote earlier. i was asking if DAA increases estrogen to a lvl where the balance of that estrogen increase is higher than the test increase making it not worth it, not l dopa supplements. For l dopa supps i was asking if people were scared of them.

    I mean increasing l dopa is kinda manipulating brain chemistry in way. But yes i love l dopa supps and def cycle of them after a bottle or two. again thanks for your reply.
    It's tough to tell since the study did not examine this aspect. Of the bloodwork I've seen, the T:E either generally improves or stays the same. Thus, taking an AI with DAA can make DAA work that much better.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  21. Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    I'd never heard anyone say anything bad about vitamin C. Google vitamin C cortisol and it's all positive about reducing cortisol.
    regardless of cortisol control, I take 1,000mg C morning and night for its many benefits (esp keeping you from "getting sick"). and I use a vitamin C (and an aloe) cream for the face. C is good shyt.....

  22. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    regardless of cortisol control, I take 1,000mg C morning and night for its many benefits (esp keeping you from "getting sick"). and I use a vitamin C (and an aloe) cream for the face. C is good shyt.....
    You are wasting vitamin C in this regard. Use no more than 500mg in one sitting
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  23. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    You are wasting vitamin C in this regard. Use no more than 500mg in one sitting
    Does the above 500mg induce pro oxidant effects or does the stomach not Aniston that much at once?
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  24. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Does the above 500mg induce pro oxidant effects or does the stomach not Aniston that much at once?
    You will excrete anything extra
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  25. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You are wasting vitamin C in this regard. Use no more than 500mg in one sitting
    I want to make sure I get enough, I'll just piss out the rest and make my urine (expensive) yellow ....you'll be displeased to know I used to take 2,000mg twice per day in the distant past....I also used to chew the flavored 100mg chewables like gummy bears when I worked at *** when I was younger....they tasted so good it was crazy....I probably almost OD'd on C during a shift, even though that is probably not possible....

  26. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    I want to make sure I get enough, I'll just piss out the rest and make my urine (expensive) yellow ....you'll be displeased to know I used to take 2,000mg twice per day in the distant past....I also used to chew the flavored 100mg chewables like gummy bears when I worked at *** when I was younger....they tasted so good it was crazy....I probably almost OD'd on C during a shift, even though that is probably not possible....
    I understand what you're saying is but 500mg is enough. Why waste anything?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  27. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Does the above 500mg induce pro oxidant effects or does the stomach not Aniston that much at once?
    not Aniston


    not Aniston


    not Aniston













  28. Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6

    I want to make sure I get enough, I'll just piss out the rest and make my urine (expensive) yellow ....you'll be displeased to know I used to take 2,000mg twice per day in the distant past....I also used to chew the flavored 100mg chewables like gummy bears when I worked at *** when I was younger....they tasted so good it was crazy....I probably almost OD'd on C during a shift, even though that is probably not possible....
    Just recycle it hahah jks
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  29. Quote Originally Posted by D3Baseball

    not Aniston

    not Aniston

    not Aniston

    Absorb sorry man...engrish my turd language
    ...::: Olympus Labs :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  30. I've heard good things about Phosphatidylserine.


  31. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I understand what you're saying is but 500mg is enough. Why waste anything?
    I'm just an ahole like that.....I don't care if a study says 500mg is enough, I'd just as soon take extra to be sure. C is harmless and you piss it out anyways....if it were a fat soluble vitamin then OK, take the recommended dosage. C is cheap at 500mg or 1000mg anyways...although I get caps which are more pricey usually...

  32. Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Just recycle it hahah jks
    man they had a lady on TLC or whatever channel, on "my strange addiction" who drank like a gallon of her piss a day....man that was disgusting to watch
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Diesel Test Hardcore for cortisol control?
    By mrh86 in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 06:52 PM
  2. Is SX good for cortisol control PCT?
    By iron13th in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 08:12 PM
  3. Best supplement for cortisol
    By deadikated in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
  4. whats better for cortisol control??
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 12:20 PM
  5. For Cortisol Control...
    By Adrenolin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Log in
Log in