Recompadrol's PPAR-Alpha agnostic activity

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Chaps,

Does anybody have any views on the Recompadrol's agonist activity compared to Sesamin and TTA? Similiar, far weaker, stronger? Two capsules of recomp compared to 500mg sesamin and 1g of TTA.

Thanks,

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I looked into Salacia Reticulata for DCP 2.0. I recall it being weaker than sesamin, but still decent.

Been a LONG time, so I will look for the studies.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I looked into Salacia Reticulata for DCP 2.0. I recall it being weaker than sesamin, but still decent.

Been a LONG time, so I will look for the studies.
It's a partial agonistic property on the ppary as well as agonist for the ppara. It isn't as strong as that much of those two ingredients yet serves its purpose and also acts like a glucosidase inhibitor and insulino mimetic

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It will cause gastro issues at too high of doses in some

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chaps,

Does anybody have any views on the Recompadrol's agonist activity compared to Sesamin and TTA? Similiar, far weaker, stronger? Two capsules of recomp compared to 500mg sesamin and 1g of TTA.

Thanks,
Just remember my answer was for just salamis reticulata extract alone. Not for the entire product. There's a synergistic effect with all ingredients.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. My reason for asking is that I've always done well on PPAR agonists. Unfortunately the sesamin oil from Primforce is no longer on sale and the scivation capsules contain pork gelatin which I can't indgest. I don't like TTA, so I'm left with Recomp....!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As effective as they are, as a stim free fat loss supportive agent, Im surprised there is not a bad azz PPAR-agonist product on the market. Just don't get it.

I don't care of TTA either so that and DCP are out.

CLA (-gamma antagonist) has too much controversy surrounding it so that's out for me as well.

High dose Sesamin and Fish Oil for me until someone creates something.

PS: GW501516 was a novel idea but pure BUNK (from the research companies). Waste of my hard-earned cash

Thanks. My reason for asking is that I've always done well on PPAR agonists. Unfortunately the sesamin oil from Primforce is no longer on sale and the scivation capsules contain pork gelatin which I can't indgest. I don't like TTA, so I'm left with Recomp....!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DCP 2.0 will not be using TTA. You will be pleased.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
DCP 2.0 will not be using TTA. You will be pleased.
Looking forward to it!! It should be in stock by january right? haha and paired with my eviscerate, abliderate advanced and EC stashed stack goodies I believe my next cut will be off the rails :)!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No sir. Sorry

Ive been using Scivation for years with no plans to change :)

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Dang!!! I guess I can wish sub-10% goodbye!! Unless I take lots of Recomp....maybe the synergistic effects are comparable.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recompadrol is a decent product but this is apples and oranges IMO

Different MOA's :(

Take the Sesa "caps" (or look into fibrates :D )

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I might be able to find the powdered sesamin supplier that we used for Phenogen way back when. Hopefully the price has come down a lot.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It works very very well for me, possibly better than anything other fat loss product I've tried. I've managed to drop to sub 10% without too much effort when using it. Maybe its the combination of its PPAR activity combined with the an increase fat burning enzymes.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast21.htm
Oh, I have no doubt that it's effective for fat loss. Its inhibition of arachidonic acid metabolism and potential downstream effects on hypertrophy and muscle fullness is what deters me from using it.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, thats what X-gels are for ;)

Oh, I have no doubt that it's effective for fat loss. Its inhibition of arachidonic acid metabolism and potential downstream effects on hypertrophy and muscle fullness is what deters me from using it.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are those short term effects? I.e. if one were to use seaming for a brief cut and then cycle onto ArA coming off to combat any issues?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Interesting question. The longest I've used it was for 3 months and I managed to drop to 8-9% without massively changing my diet and doing no cardio. It seriously was a breeze. I never felt I suffered any muscle loss nor did it seemingly effect muscle fullness although I wasn't measuring this. I've never tried to put on muscle whilst taking it, so I can't comment on that.

Mr Coop, is there anything you aware of that could elicit a similar effect?

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Well, thats what X-gels are for ;)
I've just asked a UK supplier if they are going to stack it. The good news is they said yes. The bad news, it won't be for a few weeks as they recently received an order.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Are those short term effects? I.e. if one were to use seaming for a brief cut and then cycle onto ArA coming off to combat any issues?
It would only matter while you're using the sesamin.

Interesting question. The longest I've used it was for 3 months and I managed to drop to 8-9% without massively changing my diet and doing no cardio. It seriously was a breeze. I never felt I suffered any muscle loss nor did it seemingly effect muscle fullness although I wasn't measuring this. I've never tried to put on muscle whilst taking it, so I can't comment on that.

TTA

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

How much were you using?

I've just asked a UK supplier if they are going to stack it. The good news is they said yes. The bad news, it won't be for a few weeks as they recently received an order.
If you cant wait, try X-Factor from MM

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I might be able to find the powdered sesamin supplier that we used for Phenogen way back when. Hopefully the price has come down a lot.
Avant's Sesathin FTW!!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Am.com

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My main problem with Sesamin (and I know I'm not the only one that had this issue) was it completely trashed my libido. I've taken a whole hell of a lot of different supplements over the years and this is the only thing that had that type of effect on me. I ran the bottle out (been a long damn time since I took it), but my GF wasn't a happy camper during the time.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes, that as a well-known hghly reported side

never happened to me :)

My main problem with Sesamin (and I know I'm not the only one that had this issue) was it completely trashed my libido. I've taken a whole hell of a lot of different supplements over the years and this is the only thing that had that type of effect on me. I ran the bottle out (been a long damn time since I took it), but my GF wasn't a happy camper during the time.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Me either...not with the Avant stuff, and i took ridiculously high dosages.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Relevant to Sesamin users... New one :

Combined effect of sesamin and α-lipoic acid on hepatic fatty acid metabolism in rats.

Ide T, et al. Show all

Eur J Nutr. 2012 Jun 30. [Epub ahead of print]

Department of Food and Nutrition, Faculty of Human Life, Jumonji University, 2-1-28 Sugasawa, Niiza, Saitama, 352-8510, Japan, [email protected].

Abstract PURPOSE: Dietary sesamin (1:1 mixture of sesamin and episesamin) decreases fatty acid synthesis but increases fatty acid oxidation in rat liver. Dietary α-lipoic acid lowers hepatic fatty acid synthesis. These changes can account for the serum lipid-lowering effect of sesamin and α-lipoic acid. It is expected that the combination of these compounds in the diet potentially ameliorates lipid metabolism more than the individual compounds. We therefore studied the combined effect of sesamin and α-lipoic acid on lipid metabolism in rats.

METHODS: Male Sprague-Dawley rats were fed diets supplemented with 0 or 2 g/kg sesamin and containing 0 or 2.5 g/kg α-lipoic acid for 22 days.

RESULTS AND CONCLUSIONS: Sesamin and α-lipoic acid decreased serum lipid concentrations and the combination of these compounds further decreased the parameters in an additive fashion. These compounds reduced the hepatic concentration of triacylglycerol, the lignan being less effective in decreasing this value. The combination failed to cause a stronger decrease in hepatic triacylglycerol concentration. The combination of sesamin and α-lipoic acid decreased the activity and mRNA levels of hepatic lipogenic enzymes in an additive fashion. Sesamin strongly increased the parameters of hepatic fatty acid oxidation enzymes. α-Lipoic acid antagonized the stimulating effect of sesamin of fatty acid oxidation through reductions in the activity of some fatty acid oxidation enzymes and carnitine concentration in the liver. This may account for the failure to observe strong reductions in hepatic triacylglycerol concentration in rats given a diet containing both sesamin and α-lipoic acid.

PMID 22752262 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love the science.

I am looking into various options for new product based on what everyone wants to see

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Actually it happened to me less with Avant's Sesathin than with a company who shall remain nameless stuff.

Anywho, I was one of the unfortunate ones.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually it happened to me less with Avant's Sesathin than with a company who shall remain nameless stuff.

Anywho, I was one of the unfortunate ones.
It took me MONTHS to find a company willing to custom make the Sesathin raws for us...but it was worth it.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nope

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
Dang...I can't believe only one company sells sesamin!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutrabolics has it in their product called SUPeRFATs

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty sure MAN has it in therd fish oil product as well.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I know Nutrabolics also use pork gelatin. Not sure about MAN. Worth an investigation.