Recompadrol's PPAR-Alpha agnostic activity

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. yes, that as a well-known hghly reported side

never happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    My main problem with Sesamin (and I know I'm not the only one that had this issue) was it completely trashed my libido. I've taken a whole hell of a lot of different supplements over the years and this is the only thing that had that type of effect on me. I ran the bottle out (been a long damn time since I took it), but my GF wasn't a happy camper during the time.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

2. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    yes, that as a well-known hghly reported side

never happened to me
    Me either...not with the Avant stuff, and i took ridiculously high dosages.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   

3. Isn't the Avant stuff discontinued.

4. Relevant to Sesamin users... New one :

Combined effect of sesamin and α-lipoic acid on hepatic fatty acid metabolism in rats.

Ide T, et al. Show all

Eur J Nutr. 2012 Jun 30. [Epub ahead of print]

Department of Food and Nutrition, Faculty of Human Life, Jumonji University, 2-1-28 Sugasawa, Niiza, Saitama, 352-8510, Japan, [email protected].

Abstract PURPOSE: Dietary sesamin (1:1 mixture of sesamin and episesamin) decreases fatty acid synthesis but increases fatty acid oxidation in rat liver. Dietary α-lipoic acid lowers hepatic fatty acid synthesis. These changes can account for the serum lipid-lowering effect of sesamin and α-lipoic acid. It is expected that the combination of these compounds in the diet potentially ameliorates lipid metabolism more than the individual compounds. We therefore studied the combined effect of sesamin and α-lipoic acid on lipid metabolism in rats.

METHODS: Male Sprague-Dawley rats were fed diets supplemented with 0 or 2 g/kg sesamin and containing 0 or 2.5 g/kg α-lipoic acid for 22 days.

RESULTS AND CONCLUSIONS: Sesamin and α-lipoic acid decreased serum lipid concentrations and the combination of these compounds further decreased the parameters in an additive fashion. These compounds reduced the hepatic concentration of triacylglycerol, the lignan being less effective in decreasing this value. The combination failed to cause a stronger decrease in hepatic triacylglycerol concentration. The combination of sesamin and α-lipoic acid decreased the activity and mRNA levels of hepatic lipogenic enzymes in an additive fashion. Sesamin strongly increased the parameters of hepatic fatty acid oxidation enzymes. α-Lipoic acid antagonized the stimulating effect of sesamin of fatty acid oxidation through reductions in the activity of some fatty acid oxidation enzymes and carnitine concentration in the liver. This may account for the failure to observe strong reductions in hepatic triacylglycerol concentration in rats given a diet containing both sesamin and α-lipoic acid.

PMID 22752262 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

5. Love the science.

I am looking into various options for new product based on what everyone wants to see
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    yes, that as a well-known hghly reported side

never happened to me
    Actually it happened to me less with Avant's Sesathin than with a company who shall remain nameless stuff.

Anywho, I was one of the unfortunate ones.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Actually it happened to me less with Avant's Sesathin than with a company who shall remain nameless stuff.

Anywho, I was one of the unfortunate ones.
    It took me MONTHS to find a company willing to custom make the Sesathin raws for us...but it was worth it.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

8. Is Sesathin still available?

9. Nope
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

10. Dang...I can't believe only one company sells sesamin!

11. Nutrabolics has it in their product called SUPeRFATs

12. Pretty sure MAN has it in therd fish oil product as well.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

13. I know Nutrabolics also use pork gelatin. Not sure about MAN. Worth an investigation.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Xtreme 2, Activate Xtreme, Alpha Drive XL
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 12:46 PM
  2. Activate Xtreme, Alpha Drive XL, Restore + JW?
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 01:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2006, 04:22 AM