Anything to sustain muscle?

cg123

Awards
I just broke my right hand and I have a cast now. Obviously I can't lift for 5-6 weeks. What can I do to keep my muscle or even gain Muscle? Thanks

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Proper nutrition and letting your arm rest...you'll gain it back, but yes, your arm WILL slim out and lose muscle mass...nothing that Muscle Memory wont bring back in time!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Proper nutrition and letting your arm rest...you'll gain it back, but yes, your arm WILL slim out and lose muscle mass...nothing that Muscle Memory wont bring back in time!
agreed

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm in a similar boat OP, immobilized due to surgery. I'm currently using Ergobolic, Reduce XT, and SNS Leucine every 2 hours. All of this with a very high protein diet. Carbs are low since activity is nil, fats are high.

cg123

Awards
****. I really don't want to lose muscle in my arm. Is there any possible training with a cast or anything I can do to work my arm?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you serious? Get better, lift some legs and when you can, start using that arm again. 5 weeks versus a lifetime, hmmm....

domore

Awards
I'm in a similar boat OP, immobilized due to surgery. I'm currently using Ergobolic, Reduce XT, and SNS Leucine every 2 hours. All of this with a very high protein diet. Carbs are low since activity is nil, fats are high.
Hey Coop,

I read your Ergobolic log. I'm restricted by some stringent organization rules, so I am looking for something natural like Anabeta or Ergobolic. I would like to give X-gels a shot, but I can't risk sore joints and extra DOMS due to AA.

I know Ergobolic is touted as a cortisol supplement, but I saw that you said it may act more like a stronger adaptogen with some strength building capabilities.

So, which of the two would be better for an athlete looking to gain strength?

Also, I read that OG Anabeta may cause potential prostate problems. Is there any known side effects for Sutherlandia?

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
****. I really don't want to lose muscle in my arm. Is there any possible training with a cast or anything I can do to work my arm?
That happened to me last year exept it was my wrist. It was so depressing knowing I would lose mass, which I did. I couldn't lift for 2 months. But you would be surprised, I gained that muscle back so fast, I was back to where I was in 3 weeks. I was also 15, so I was growing, so that probably helped some. Just try your best to stay positive, and you will be fine!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hey Coop,

I read your Ergobolic log. I'm restricted by some stringent organization rules, so I am looking for something natural like Anabeta or Ergobolic. I would like to give X-gels a shot, but I can't risk sore joints and extra DOMS due to AA.

I know Ergobolic is touted as a cortisol supplement, but I saw that you said it may act more like a stronger adaptogen with some strength building capabilities.

So, which of the two would be better for an athlete looking to gain strength?

Also, I read that OG Anabeta may cause potential prostate problems. Is there any known side effects for Sutherlandia?
OG Anabeta should cause prostate enlargement only while on the product. This is common to many pro-androgenic herbs. I think either product is great. Anabeta for bulking, ergobolic for recomp/cutting.

cg123

Awards
Should I just do leg work with machines? Do u think that will help my arms at all? My arms have gotten really big and I don't want to lose it any other advice

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OG Anabeta should cause prostate enlargement only while on the product. This is common to many pro-androgenic herbs. I think either product is great. Anabeta for bulking, ergobolic for recomp/cutting.
The research showed minimal prostate hypertrophy compared to the testosterone control group, this is essentially the same assay used to detect AA ratios in anabolics.

To the OP: I would keep protein intake high, and supplement with BCAAs & creatine.

IIRC correctly creatine has been shown to maintain muscle mass during periods of inactivity, same with BCAAs (leucine in particular).

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The research showed minimal prostate hypertrophy compared to the testosterone control group, this is essentially the same assay used to detect AA ratios in anabolics.

To the OP: I would keep protein intake high, and supplement with BCAAs & creatine.

IIRC correctly creatine has been shown to maintain muscle mass during periods of inactivity, same with BCAAs (leucine in particular).
Right, that was poorly worded. I meant to say that if OG anabeta causes prostate enlargement, it would only be during the cycle.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right, that was poorly worded. I meant to say that if OG anabeta causes prostate enlargement, it would only be during the cycle.
ahh, gotcha. I figured it was just a mis-understanding, lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As already pointed out, just keep nutrition on point, with protein at adequate levels. Not suggesting this as your route, but SARMs have been used for very similar reasons. There's one that isn't available, yet (to my understanding) that added 3 pounds of muscle in 3 weeks in individuals without weight-training. MK-2866 at a moderate dose would likely yield somewhat similar results.

Again, not suggesting you go that route, just listing it as an option since you'll be sidelined. Proper diet and definitely don't work that arm, again, until the doc okays it (and definitely keep lifting legs; just don't go balls to the walls on something like squats that will totally drain you and could sway you into messing up that arm).

Good luck.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
Continue to work your non-injured arm, it should assist in your strength and muscle recovery when the cast comes off.