Avoiding Aspartame

rockme

rockme

Awards
In an effort to become more diligent with label reading, I am trying to decipher whether or not a given product contains aspartame. Certain supps wil state, "phenylketonurics:contains phenylalanine." I know this is code for 'aspartame.' However, I have come across products that list artificial ingredients as part of the product formula, but make no mention of the phenyketonurics warning. Does this mean there is no aspartame? Perhaps just a synthesized 'flavor' of some sort that does not utilize artificial sweeteners.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
In an effort to become more diligent with label reading, I am trying to decipher whether or not a given product contains aspartame. Certain supps wil state, "phenylketonurics:contains phenylalanine." I know this is code for 'aspartame.' However, I have come across products that list artificial ingredients as part of the product formula, but make no mention of the phenyketonurics warning. Does this mean there is no aspartame? Perhaps just a synthesized 'flavor' of some sort that does not utilize artificial sweeteners.
It has to be labeled by law. There's a small percentage of people that can't process phenylalanine .

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Phenylalanine is an amino acid that exists naturally in some things as well, most notably in milk. Phenylketonuria is a genetic disorder where those afflicted cant metabolize phenylketones like phenylalanine and it can cause some serious physiological and neurologic problems.

This condition is really rare though.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has to be labeled by law. There's a small percentage of people that can't process phenylalanine .
Wish this was truth but I believe they are marketing it under neotame and they don't have to lable it. According to some commentary I heard on SHR.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Check on label if it writes E951 which is code for aspartame in EU.

Worst and present almost everywhere is additive E621 which is MSG (mono sodium glutamate) that enhance the flavor of food.

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
Check on label if it writes E951 which is code for aspartame in EU.

Worst and present almost everywhere is additive E621 which is MSG (mono sodium glutamate) that enhance the flavor of food.
You want to avoid MSG also..
We should all try to eat as much unprocessed foods as possible.. Even simple sugar should be avoided now: [video=youtube_share;g2mSPIjDm1w]http://youtu.be/g2mSPIjDm1w[/video])

Pure glucose would be better then sucrose it appears..