DAA: SNS vs. Synthetic Supplements

  1. Advanced Member
    Domenic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    25779
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    99.78%

    DAA: SNS vs. Synthetic Supplements


    SNS is sodium and has the 6-week supply in a $20 bottle so I can start two weeks of DAA then still have a whole month left so the DAA runs out at the same time as whatever AI I start running two weeks in... also, it's sodium, which, apparently makes a difference that I don't understand. BUT. The AI I was thinking about running was Erase Pro, costing $55, and with the Platinum Synergy Stack, it's like getting free DAA. SS' DAA is also only $10. So for $65 I can run two weeks of DAA, a month of DAA and EP together, and have 2 weeks of DAA left for the next run... BUT it's not sodium, which, again, apparently makes a difference... anyone want to weigh in on the two categories of quality and value? Thaaaaaank you.

  2. Senior Member
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,440
    Rep Power
    409378
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    40.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    SNS all day err day
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  3. Senior Member
    liquid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,609
    Rep Power
    75830
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    98.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Never had a chance to use Synthetic Supplements yet, but used SNS numerous times because every single time it worked for me.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    JosNYC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    104
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    53.48%

    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic
    SNS is sodium and has the 6-week supply in a $20 bottle so I can start two weeks of DAA then still have a whole month left so the DAA runs out at the same time as whatever AI I start running two weeks in... also, it's sodium, which, apparently makes a difference that I don't understand. BUT. The AI I was thinking about running was Erase Pro, costing $55, and with the Platinum Synergy Stack, it's like getting free DAA. SS' DAA is also only $10. So for $65 I can run two weeks of DAA, a month of DAA and EP together, and have 2 weeks of DAA left for the next run... BUT it's not sodium, which, again, apparently makes a difference... anyone want to weigh in on the two categories of quality and value? Thaaaaaank you.
    The sodium daa is the type of daa used in the studies that have demonstrated to increase testosterone in men. FYI, I have used non sodium daa and found it very helpful in raising t, at least I had all the symptoms that indicated an increase- ran it twelve days on and 4 days off over 8weeks. For the price you're doing okay. I've run a similar test strategy and it worked well.
  5. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,539
    Rep Power
    6137603
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I think SNS DAA + PES Erase would be the best bang for your buck. Sodium-DAA improves solubility/distribution.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,995
    Rep Power
    4209601
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    34.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    TCF 1 or SNS IMO
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  7. Advanced Member
    boogyman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    35037
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    67.69%

    I just finished my SNS DAA run and it was great. It was my first time using DAA so I can't say it is better than any other brand, but I can say it works and gives noticeable results. Very nice strength gains which are my primary goal right now. Combined with ZMA before bed I slept really good too, not sure if the DAA had part in that or not, but I have taken ZMA solo and it seemed to be kicked up half a notch with the DAA.
  8. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,445
    Rep Power
    987689
    Level
    63
    Lv. Percent
    15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by PuZo
    SNS all day err day
    Thanks brotha sns strives for quality
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  9. Board Sponsor
    USPlabsRep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,567
    Rep Power
    1660332
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    73.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by boogyman View Post
    I just finished my SNS DAA run and it was great. It was my first time using DAA so I can't say it is better than any other brand, but I can say it works and gives noticeable results. Very nice strength gains which are my primary goal right now. Combined with ZMA before bed I slept really good too, not sure if the DAA had part in that or not, but I have taken ZMA solo and it seemed to be kicked up half a notch with the DAA.
    Can't go wrong with either....Just a matter if you want the extra sodium in your diet...
  10. New Member
    D3Baseball's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    9703
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    95.08%

    I wouldnt buy bulk from another brand
  11. Professional Member
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Power
    294027
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    0.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Sodium-D-aspartic acid at the recommended dose is about 400mg sodium. We werent comfortable adding that amount of sodium to ones diet, and the marginally increased solubility of the ingredient doesn't exactly seem worthwhile when you're ingesting more DAA from SS anyway.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  12. Advanced Member
    Domenic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    657
    Rep Power
    25779
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    99.78%

    I thought athletes were supposed to have a lot of sodium in their diets. I'm so confused. I cut out hot sauce then read that people who exercise intensely should have a LOT of sodium so I DOUBLED my hot sauce intake and now I'm REALLY f*cked! Sodium is bad again?
    Celtic Labs Rep

    PHFSupplements.com
  13. Senior Member
    quigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    10631
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    95.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    I thought athletes were supposed to have a lot of sodium in their diets. I'm so confused. I cut out hot sauce then read that people who exercise intensely should have a LOT of sodium so I DOUBLED my hot sauce intake and now I'm REALLY f*cked! Sodium is bad again?
    No, you're fine. Just watch your blood pressure.
    Advanced Muscle Science
  14. Senior Member
    Clemenza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    557666
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    66.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Just finished a bottle of Synthetic Supplements DAA and loved it. It was the first DAA that did not destroy my stomach. I actually ran it with Erase Pro and had phenominal results. I have not used SNS DAA so I can't comment on the sodium issue. Either way you will be getting top notch quality from both companies.
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  15. Professional Member
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Power
    294027
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    0.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    I thought athletes were supposed to have a lot of sodium in their diets. I'm so confused. I cut out hot sauce then read that people who exercise intensely should have a LOT of sodium so I DOUBLED my hot sauce intake and now I'm REALLY f*cked! Sodium is bad again?
    It can just pose a blood pressure risk for some people. Guys use DAA after coming off anabolics cycles, which almost always elevate blood pressure. We didnt want to exacerbate this risk by throwing in 400mg of sodium to our product.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
    Just finished a bottle of Synthetic Supplements DAA and loved it. It was the first DAA that did not destroy my stomach. I actually ran it with Erase Pro and had phenominal results. I have not used SNS DAA so I can't comment on the sodium issue. Either way you will be getting top notch quality from both companies.
    Thanks for the review!!
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  16. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,539
    Rep Power
    6137603
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
    I thought athletes were supposed to have a lot of sodium in their diets. I'm so confused. I cut out hot sauce then read that people who exercise intensely should have a LOT of sodium so I DOUBLED my hot sauce intake and now I'm REALLY f*cked! Sodium is bad again?
    Don't worry about the sodium in Na-DAA, or sodium period, unless you have chronic hypertension. It provides a benefit, not a detriment.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  17. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,817
    Rep Power
    2687978
    Level
    87
    Lv. Percent
    1.94%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    look at this avi! you coopy cat! lmao see what i did there.....
  18. New Member
    dontknowaboutme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    188
    Rep Power
    1184
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    24.47%

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Don't worry about the sodium in Na-DAA, or sodium period, unless you have chronic hypertension. It provides a benefit, not a detriment.
    ^^this^^ People are overly obsessed with sodium intake. Sodium isn't a worry unless you are older and genetically predisposed to hypertension or other problems.
  19. Senior Member
    NomZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,561
    Rep Power
    480757
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    17.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    If you already are aware of your sodium intake, fitting in 400mg is not hard at all.

    If not, I wouldn't even worry as you probably would never know the difference. Unless like cooper said, you suffer chronic high blood pressure.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.
  20. New Member
    D3Baseball's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    9703
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    95.08%

    You can either have the ingredient work, or have less sodium when your sodium intake doesn't matter.
  21. Professional Member
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Power
    294027
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    0.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post
    You can either have the ingredient work, or have less sodium when your sodium intake doesn't matter.
    For what its worth, NP DAA is not sodium DAA and its very popular and effective.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  22. New Member
    D3Baseball's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    9703
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    95.08%

    Reminds me of that one real popular ingredient...arginine. Or was it glutamine? Wait, this industry is full of "popular and effective ingredients"
  23. Professional Member
    kevinhy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Power
    294027
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    0.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by D3Baseball View Post
    Reminds me of that one real popular ingredient...arginine. Or was it glutamine? Wait, this industry is full of "popular and effective ingredients"
    Do i detect a bit of condescension?

    It's my opinion that DAA is just as effective as sodium-daa, if yours is different then thats fine. I'm simply using NPs bulk DAA powder as an example.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
  24. New Member
    D3Baseball's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    24
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    9703
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    95.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy

    Do i detect a bit of condescension?

    It's my opinion that DAA is just as effective as sodium-daa, if yours is different then thats fine. I'm simply using NPs bulk DAA powder as an example.
    Perhaps I'm just feeling a bit sassy today.
  25. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250884
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    65.07%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    As has been stated, the sodium version offered by SNS has the previously stated benefits so it comes down to price point and personal preference. I think SNS is very competitive with their pricing, especially when taking the quality into account. This leads to whether the increased benefits from the sodium version are appealing enough to you.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  26. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,539
    Rep Power
    6137603
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I suspect regular DAA works fine, and perhaps at higher doses (although with increased potential for GI distress). DAA in salt form has much higher (not just "a little" higher) solubility and thus likely bioavailability.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Synthetic Supplements - DAA
    By kevinhy in forum Analyzed Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-12-2014, 01:11 PM
  2. Powdered (vs CAPS) Supplements Thread
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 07:42 AM
  3. Bodybuilding Supplements Vs Antiaging Supplements
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM
  4. PH's vs "Natural" Supplements
    By Boulderer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 02:50 PM
  5. Protein Foods vs. Protein Supplements
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 11:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in