1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73%

Protein Supplements for a sprinter

Hi,

I've got a few general questions about what type of protein I should be having and when I should be having it.

I train twice a week on the track and 2 RT sessions in the gym. And I also swim 2-3 times in the pool per week (2 hour sessions)

I've currently been supplementing with a Musashi bulk protein powder, consuming 60g after each gym and swim session.
    Just wondering if you feel there is a different or better or protein that I should be looking at, or if i should be taking more.

Thanks,

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dantje
    Hi,

I've got a few general questions about what type of protein I should be having and when I should be having it.

I train twice a week on the track and 2 RT sessions in the gym. And I also swim 2-3 times in the pool per week (2 hour sessions)

I've currently been supplementing with a Musashi bulk protein powder, consuming 60g after each gym and swim session.
    Just wondering if you feel there is a different or better or protein that I should be looking at, or if i should be taking more.

Thanks,
    Protein is protein. Find a quality brand with a flavor you like and that's all you news. Some good brands I can think of are ON, Dymatize, IForce, etc.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.89%

Whey protein during the day and Casein protein for bed to keep you rockin while you sleep. I love to run but my old azz joints can get creaky. Fish oil supps or glucosamine will make you ache a helluva lot less if you run a lot... For real!
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Testdriver
    Whey protein during the day and Casein protein for bed to keep you rockin while you sleep. I love to run but my old azz joints can get creaky. Fish oil supps or glucosamine will make you ache a helluva lot less if you run a lot... For real!
    Casein before bed isn't really necessary. Better off with real food IMO. It just isn't worth the money. My joints are no good too but I prefer cissus for my knees.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cinnamon roll protein shake for cutting
    By freqfly in forum Recipes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 03:17 AM
  2. Supplements for a 100m/200m sprinter?
    By adz8916 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 11:35 PM
  3. Best supplement for joint and ligament repair?
    By theface in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 12:56 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 03:28 AM
  5. Best Supplement for 60 year old male?
    By KraZnut07 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 06:05 PM