Can u Cap a Serving of BCAA's Instead of Drinking it??

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.25%

Question Can u Cap a Serving of BCAA's Instead of Drinking it??

Question is, can u cap a serving of BCAA's thats ment for making a drink & still yield the same results?? Reason is to avoid a bad tasting drink, convienience, & it leaves my thirst for a protien shake. Now i do realize that a 12g serving will yield 8 to 12 caps, but thats still more convienient then drinking it!
    Thanks

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Yes, you can cap it, no issues there...will just take a little bit longer for it to be absorbed while the cap is being dissolved. I understand the conveince factor, but the bad taste (and I'm assuming you are using bulk/non flavored BCAA's) have you tried mixing a scoop of any flavored BCAA mix with a scoop of the bulk? It masks the flavor quite well...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.25%

Yes im thinkin of buyin bulk non-flavored BCAAs but i dont feel like buying 2 different BCAA supps just to get a god flavor.

Can a serving be mixed in with my post workout protein shake or will it not mix well in the milk & will it make it taste bitter??
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.38%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

You can mix it in with protein but yes, I imagine it'd be bitter...with BCAA's they are most useful using either preWO, IntraWO or in between meals...combining them with protein (that already has bcaa/eaa's in it) would be redundant/wasteful, imo...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.25%

Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    You can mix it in with protein but yes, I imagine it'd be bitter...with BCAA's they are most useful using either preWO, IntraWO or in between meals...combining them with protein (that already has bcaa/eaa's in it) would be redundant/wasteful, imo...
    Quick question based on the optimal times u listed to take BCAA's; can u take a serving before bed, upon awakening, pre & post workouts??
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Bulk unflavored tasted horrid when mixed with anything I tried. I'd get a flavored on sale and just stock up

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    Bulk unflavored tasted horrid when mixed with anything I tried. I'd get a flavored on sale and just stock up

I plan on capping a serving size to avoid the bad taste as discussed earlier.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox

Just dilute it a little more....it has never bothered me enough to not take it...
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.25%

Lets stay on topic here cause the threads about capping a serving of BCAA's thats ment for making drinks & still yielding the same results...

Thank You!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.72%

Quote Originally Posted by schizm
    Yes, you can cap it, no issues there...will just take a little bit longer for it to be absorbed while the cap is being dissolved. I understand the conveince factor, but the bad taste (and I'm assuming you are using bulk/non flavored BCAA's) have you tried mixing a scoop of any flavored BCAA mix with a scoop of the bulk? It masks the flavor quite well...
    This is your answer here ^^^
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.25%

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    This is your answer here ^^^
    Yes i know he answered me, but i was lookin for a few others to chime in & state there answers & start up a convo just like any thread.
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorXJ

Yes i know he answered me, but i was lookin for a few others to chime in & state there answers & start up a convo just like any thread.
    Capping seems like a waste of time and money IMO. If you don't like the flavor get a new product.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.76%

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2542 View Post
    Capping seems like a waste of time and money IMO. If you don't like the flavor get a new product.
    You are learning to give advice in such a wonderful fashion jimmy boy :') :threadclosed: !!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.25%

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2542 View Post
    I know this seems like a retarded thing to ask, but its for convienience, ease of use, & so i dont have to drink so much supplements. I mean uve got a pre-workout drink, protien drinks, & now id be adding in another recovery drink. And yes they sell BCAA's in caps, but there no where near the same dosages & serving sizes!! Caps are very cheap & i dont mind the time in doing so & thats where im coming from with this thread!
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.19%
    Achievements Activity Pro

you could but it would be really inconvenient the gel caps dbreak down pretty quickly slow the slowed digestion would be negligible. have you tried mixing them with sugar free koolaid and splenda?
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.46%

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorXJ

I know this seems like a retarded thing to ask, but its for convienience, ease of use, & so i dont have to drink so much supplements. I mean uve got a pre-workout drink, protien drinks, & now id be adding in another recovery drink. And yes they sell BCAA's in caps, but there no where near the same dosages & serving sizes!! Caps are very cheap & i dont mind the time in doing so & thats where im coming from with this thread!
    Well then you already have your answer. I don't think its worth it but there is no scientific reason you shouldn't do it. It wont hinder absorption if that's what you're wondering.

Similar Forum Threads

1. All Orders can now get 1 bottle of CEE for only $17.99
    By IronMagLabs in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 01:31 PM
  2. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 04:07 PM
  3. Can anybody give an idea of Healthy dieting?
    By TipTopShape in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 12:05 PM
  4. I can't hit the inside of my calves - help!!!
    By DGA3 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 02:01 AM