Yohimbine & Carbs

uvawahoowa

Awards
I have read that insulin blunts the fat burning effects of yohimbine. My question is, how far away from carb intake does dosing need to be...and how much insulin would blunt the effects? Ie, I'm assuming having green veggies w/ protein & fat would be fine, but what about sweet potatoes/oats/etc. What's the best timing for this? Pre cardio on an empty stomach? Upon waking 30 mins pre breakfast (oats & eggs)?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
It's tough to tell because metabolites of yohimbine like 11-OH yohimbine have longer half-lives. I'd try to take it 2-3 hours away from meals. And protein is also insulinogenic. So unless you're taking shots of olive oil, don't eat anything in the vicinity of your yohimbine dose.

Pre-fasted cardio is a good time, yes. 30 minutes before breakfast is not a good time.

uvawahoowa

Awards
It's tough to tell because metabolites of yohimbine like 11-OH yohimbine have longer half-lives. I'd try to take it 2-3 hours away from meals. And protein is also insulinogenic. So unless you're taking shots of olive oil, don't eat anything in the vicinity of your yohimbine dose.

Pre-fasted cardio is a good time, yes. 30 minutes before breakfast is not a good time.
Ha I guess it would be tough for me since I eat every 2-3 hrs...does it matter I am looking at yohimbe hcl to go along with an EC stack?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'd just pass on the yohimbine then, or use it exclusively pre-training/cardio at 0.2mg/kg BW.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
coop put it succinctly. I like yohimbine at 15-20 mg for those tiring cardio sessions when your caloric restriction already has you low on energy. Carbs blunt fat oxidation so I'm with coop where you need to dose it about 2-3 hours from food intake. It doesn't matter if you miss one meal if you eat more with the next meal(s) and hit your same caloric/macro goals. EC is definitely more effective then yohimbine though and don't need to be combined.