Dosing of CEE and Taurine?

• Thread starter ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
  • Start date

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I have Taurine and CEE from bulknutrition.com and was wondering about the serving sizes. I always thought that a teaspoon can hold 5000mg if it has no filler. But the taurine yields 3360mg per teaspoon and the Creatine Ethyl Ester yields 2200mg per teaspoon. These measurements are based on the 1/4 teaspoon equivalent (taurine=840mg) and (CEE=550mg). WHY is that? I thought the serving size for CEE was 1/2 -2/3 teaspoon. Is this still correct? To any of the users of CEE (custom's or Bulk's) what advice do you have as far as dosing and everthing else goes. I guess I am asking for general guidelines here. I am taking a teaspoon of tauring a day and I just got the CEE a couple of hours ago and I am taking a teaspoon of that a day untill I hear other wise. Thanks guys!

Redspy

Board Supporter
Awards
According to custom's site 1/2 teaspoon will yield about 3 grams of CEE. That's what I personally take and am happy with the results.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I take a teaspoon of each twice per day. One of those is 30 minutes pre-workout.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I was curious about CEE dosing too, so I weighed it. It worked out to be about 3 grams in 1 heaping teaspoon. So I suggest sticking with the 1 teaspoon dosage.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
You mentioned taurine. How do you guys like to take this?

Does anyone else have an opinion? Can Custom or DSADE give a definitive recommendation to help out some of the clueless? (Dsade is MIKE from bulknutrition right???)

blazinred

Awards
no, dsade is mikes employee, he was recrutied by mike from avant. He knows what hes doing and has quite abit of knowledge.

Thanks blazinred. Well the question still stands in reference to why the measurements dont add up. I would love a response from Custom or Dsade or even Mike himself. Thanks in advance guys.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I take about 3 - 4 grams ED, while on cycle.
Regardless of creatine intake? Workout days and non-workout days? Thanks.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have any of you baught the powder from 1fast, and is it hcl like Customs?

Purple Huskies

Awards
The bulk's CEE is HCL like customs, and you cannot compare the mass of different compunuds since they all have different density.

So Purple Huskies, since I am indeed getting 2200mgs in my CEE, as you say, then should I take one teaspoon a day or should I take it twice a day. Why would companies like custom and VPX say to take 2/3 of a teaspoon? Is VPX's powder finer than Cutoms and Bulks powder? Can I benefit from 1/2 teaspoon of Bulks which would yield a mere 1100mgs? Thanks in advance.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Depending on how much the powders are compacted/compressed/settled during shipping is going to effect how much mass you can get into a specific volume, meaning a teapsoon is going to weigh more or less depending on how "fluffed" it is. This is why we cant really say with infalliability that 1 teaspoon equals X amount. However, with substances like CEE and taurine, dosing does not have to be exact when taking in bulk, so IMHO, estimations by the users should be OK.

Purple Huskies

Awards
Thanks custom. Poeple wants to hear what you have to say since you are running bussiness and selling the stuff.
Any ways, I tried CEE from both Cusom and bulk. Bulk's CEE is much more fluffier than the customs, and they taste different. My guess is they buy from different manufucture. Mass for each brands for the same volume like custom said. I will go with the lables and aim for about 3 gram a day. I personally taking 6 g a day, though.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Why would companies like custom and VPX say to take 2/3 of a teaspoon?
Why? Marketing. VPX wants to reach a price point, so they can say a 30-day supply costs X number of dollars. Sorry for the cynicism, but that's my guess.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Regardless of creatine intake? Workout days and non-workout days? Thanks.
Well I usually only take it while on cycle, and I don't use creatine while on. But yes everyday.

Even if I do use it while on creatine, I would use about half that amount (2 g). The big reason I take so much while on, is to alleviate the back cramps/pumps some compounds cause (more like all of them for me).

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I've misunderstood the reason people use taurine then. Will have to check this out more... thanks.

RRGG....People use taurine for a number of reasons. One of them is for for its cell volumizing properties. If you notice most swole and v12 type products have taurine in the list. It is the 2nd most abundant amino acid in the body next to glutamine. Since it is a cell volumizer you can expect slightly better pumps. I know from using it and CEE that I fell fuller all the time. Others use taurine like they would use potassium when they are on a clen or Methyl cycle. The reason being to prevent cramps. Hope this helped. -Mike

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Why would companies like custom and VPX say to take 2/3 of a teaspoon? Is VPX's powder finer than Cutoms and Bulks powder?
CEX has CEE and C-AKG in an unknown ratio. VPX bashers say it has FEW CEE and LOTS of C-AKG ;)
BTW, I think a better dosage of CEX is 1 full teaspoon once a day (twice on workout days)

Personally, I think that 2-3g of CEE a day is more than enough. The rest is just pissed out.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
ok so what is the consensus on the dosing of this stuff? how much does one level teaspoon yeild.

also, will someone already go ahead and cap and standardize the dosage, because the two biggest problems with this supp is its variability in dosage and taste.... OMG.

I and another member here seem to not be that bothered by the taste of CEE. It does suck but it isn't HORRIBLE like everyone says it is. Suck it up guys. I think the dosing is still the same. I would use half a teaspoon twice a day but might try 1tsp twice a day to see if I notice a difference.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
ok so what is the consensus on the dosing of this stuff? how much does one level teaspoon yeild.

also, will someone already go ahead and cap and standardize the dosage, because the two biggest problems with this supp is its variability in dosage and taste.... OMG.
I weighed it and it turned out to be about 3 grams per heaping teaspoon.

As for the taste, I just throw it in my PWO shake and it was completely tolerable.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
I weighed it and it turned out to be about 3 grams per heaping teaspoon.

As for the taste, I just throw it in my PWO shake and it was completely tolerable.
neuromancer, where did you get your CEE from? that seems like a lot, a heaping teaspoon of regular monohydrate yeilds 5-7 grams of product. are the densities of the two really that different?

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
neuromancer, where did you get your CEE from? that seems like a lot, a heaping teaspoon of regular monohydrate yeilds 5-7 grams of product. are the densities of the two really that different?
Custom, and I pretty much thought the same thing, but really wanted to check for myself. I made sure there were no clumps or compacted material on the scale. Granted, this wasn't a precision thing, but round about 1 teaspoon = 3 grams.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I like taurine 5g in a protein shake. Dunno if it actually works, but I like it anyway. Kinda like half the stuff I put in there- hopeful, wishful thinking. Keeps the supp co's in biz, though. I actually buy everything in bulk from board sponsors/supporters, etc. so I feel pretty confident about it. And if it does nothing, I don't buy it anymore.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I have a mixture of CEE, Taurine, Citrulline Malate, and ALCAR. I pour it in a gatorade/powerade bottle and start sipping 30 min before workouts. As far as taste it makes the drink a little tart but that's ok, I like it. I finish my drink about halfway through my workout so I switch to plain water.

xZeroCrashx

Awards
so cee everyday 1 teaspoon pre-workout and even on nonworkout days 1 teaspoon? and do you have to cycle cee? 1 month on and off?

Some people like TWO teaspoons a day but it is up to you. I think one guy was doing like 18 grams a day! Whatever is your cup of tea. You can cycle if you choose but a lot of guys don't anymore....I think SuperSoldier is always on Creatine. Look around...everyone has different techniques but you could do you dosing schedule above and see if you see anything different within 10 days and add more if you see nothing.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
and do you have to cycle cee? 1 month on and off?
I dont cycle CEE, but i take a week of break from anything (including training) every 6 weeks or so.
Anyway, no loading is needed with CEE.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
i think CEE, like all supps, really suffers from diminishing returns after a while. when i first started taking it, i was getting a huge forearm pump from simply sitting at my desk and using a mouse, but i've been on for 2 weeks and the pumps are much less intense even when i doubled the dosage.

point is, cycling might be a good idea.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 4
R_Alan1 Supplements 9
Supplements 4
Supplements 0
Supplements 24