Which crestine for guys with GI issues?

lboston

lboston

Awards
Which creatine type/ product would you recommend for someone who has some serious GI issues when taking creatine mono (creapure) powder.

Currently take kre-aklyn, but wanting to try something else. Used mono as a staple for years, but can't take the GI distress anymore!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have IBS and I take regular crestine. Creapure by Allmax nutrition. Maybe try that brand and see how it works for you. I've tried a ton of different brands and Allmax seems to work the best.

pressureSpike

Banned
Awards
How much r u taking a day? 3-5 grams is more than enough

mattys4

mattys4

Awards
was going to say the same thing, once you reach saturation point only 3-5 grams is needed to maintain.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only one Ive had 100% succes with is Kre-Alkaline by NOW Brand

lboston

lboston

Awards
Only one Ive had 100% succes with is Kre-Alkaline by NOW Brand
May give this or the one t-bone suggested a go.

For those that asked, only use one 3-5g teaspoon full per day.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only one Ive had 100% succes with is Kre-Alkalyn (buffered Creatine formula) by NOW Brand

lboston

lboston

Awards
Only one Ive had 100% succes with is Kre-Alkalyn (buffered Creatine formula) by NOW Brand
Thanks man. Have to look at that and the one that t-bone recommended as well.

For those that asked, the most I ever use is 3-5g a day.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
my vote goes to creatine hcl, studies of seen on solubility lead me to believe that absorption would be better and thus less gi issues. Just a thought

lboston

lboston

Awards
my vote goes to creatine hcl, studies of seen on solubility lead me to believe that absorption would be better and thus less gi issues. Just a thought
Is that products like con-cret?

GHO5T

Awards
I have a sensitive stomach and Orotine works best. MCC is a great choice also

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Is that products like con-cret?
yep although for the price muscletech's, yes i said muscletech biches, creacore has twice as much with fenugreek which for some gives a libido boost and possible testosterone increases. Although not sure how your GI will do with the fenugreek unless you've used it before. Also creatine HCL is a small dose for saturation. Which makes me think have you tried dosing 2 or 3 smaller doses spread through the day?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Magnesium creatine chelate is the only form of creatine that utilizes a different pathway for GI uptake at the enterocyte. Thus, it is the only creatine product I would recommend for someone in your position. SNS makes a 501ct MCC caps tub that lasts forever.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
IMHO, this variance (noted below with the 2 polar opposite forms) makes sense for a certain population who's gastric chemistry is slightly off (lacking acidity or having too much of it).

I guess a "crude" strategy would be this....

If stomach issues ARE typical for you, are they usually amerliorated with concomitant use of an anti-acid (buffered/alkaline) OR with more acid (HCL)? Perhaps apply the same logic here with your creatine use (use the same form that alleviates your stomach issues with food).

If stomach issues are NOT common and you're one that can typically eat anything without accompanying distress, then your issue is probably NOT related to the acidity or alkalinity of the creatine FORM and moreso with the creatine itself.

Make sense? This theory may be full of holes, but it's worked for me.

lboston

lboston

Awards
IMHO, this variance (noted below with the 2 polar opposite forms) makes sense for a certain population who's gastric chemistry is slightly off (lacking acidity or having too much of it).

I guess a "crude" strategy would be this....

If stomach issues ARE typical for you, are they usually amerliorated with concomitant use of an anti-acid (buffered/alkaline) OR with more acid (HCL)? Perhaps apply the same logic here with your creatine use (use the same form that alleviates your stomach issues with food).

If stomach issues are NOT common and you're one that can typically eat anything without accompanying distress, then your issue is probably NOT related to the acidity or alkalinity of the creatine FORM and moreso with the creatine itself.

Make sense? This theory may be full of holes, but it's worked for me.
I think it makes perfect sense. With me, I have no gallbladder, so what affects me and my GI issues will more than likely be very different than what affects/ how it affects someone else.

I've used con-Cret (hcl) in the past, and I dot recall any memorable "issues" like each time I use mono. Perhaps the extra acidic properties is something I need?

None of the ones mentioned here are all that expensive, so what I'll probably do is try each and just see which is the best for me...thats the beauty of creatine...despite all the new products that come out, this is typically one that has stood the test (and reviews) of time.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
keep us posted

CharlesT

CharlesT

Awards
I use micronized monohydrate but the key thing for me is take it after dinner,if I take it in the morning it ****s my stomach up bit at night after eating all day its no problem.

JNelson

JNelson

Awards
Look into Green Magnitude. By Controlled Labs. Shouldn't have any GI issues at all.