Recompadrol/AAV2 vs Diabetes - Log

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
This is not your average log. Yes I would love to see fat loss from this particular stack, but the priority right now is to enhance glucose uptake and sensitivity. Any other positives will just be gravy.

EBF has been awesome in offering me an opportunity to test out the Recompadrol/AAV2 Stack to see what benefits I may receive, primarily related to my recently diagnosed diabetes. I am currently taking insulin and metformin to keep my sugars in check, so one of the major factors I will be tracking is if my insulin requirement decreases in comparison to my carbohydrate consumption.

To have a bit of background on my situation you can check out this thread
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/202824-type-2-diabetic.html

Starting Stats:

Weight: 262.5lbs (Height 5'9")
Abdomen: 46.75in
Neck: 17.5in
Implied Body Fat: 33.75% - 88.6lbs (LBM 173.9lbs)
per this Body Fat Calculator | LIVESTRONG.COM

Currently I am consuming two meals a day so I will be dosing 3 Recompadrol/1 AAV2 30min premeal and 2AAV2 an hour post meal

6/22 Day 1:
Satiety
The most pronounced effect that I experienced on my first day of this stack was Satiety. This has always been a problem with me (read Bottomless Pit). It was not something I expected however this could turn out to be a wonderful side effect. We'll see if it continues on, but for the time being it certainly offered more contentment for a meal that otherwise generally wouldn't.

Clarity:
A secondary effect I noticed was an enhanced clarity. My focus shot up quite abit around the times I took this stack and it really help me focus at work (not normal for a FRIDAY!). This is a great side effect. Hopefully this will continue as well.

As I progress through this stack I will be analyzing my insulin requirements and reporting back on any changes.

If there are any additional items you want feedback on, or additional information (workouts/meals etc), let me know and we'll make it happen.

Feel free to ask any questions along the way.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In too

I noticed clarity and focus too AAv2 is amazing!

fauzool

Awards
ohh man I hope u continue to update this my dad has type 2 diabetes, and if there is anyway he could get off his medicine it would make him feel alot better!!! Out of curiosity what did your doctor say about taking these?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These can certainly help your dad very much. I'm hoping he will update us this week about the progress so far. I can't imagine it being anything but positive.

Take a look at the write up.

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Update:

So I've been at it for a few day now. The clarity and focus has continued, unfortunately though the satiety seems to be hit or miss.

Post Prandial #
23rd Lunch 150mg/dl
23rd Dinner 143mg/dl
24th Lunch 125mg/dl
24th Dinner 132mg/dl
25th Lunch 135mg/dl

Each meal contained as close to 100g of carbs as possible and 25units of insulin (Humulin R). So far I the postprandial (2hr postmeal) figures are in line with what I have been experiencing, but they seem to be getting a little tighter. I'll be very interested to see how this progresses.

Weight is up to 265lbs

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
ohh man I hope u continue to update this my dad has type 2 diabetes, and if there is anyway he could get off his medicine it would make him feel alot better!!! Out of curiosity what did your doctor say about taking these?
Considering my doctor seems to be relatively closed minded, I didn't bring up these supplements.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Update:

So I've been at it for a few day now. The clarity and focus has continued, unfortunately though the satiety seems to be hit or miss.

Post Prandial #
23rd Lunch 150mg/dl
23rd Dinner 143mg/dl
24th Lunch 125mg/dl
24th Dinner 132mg/dl
25th Lunch 135mg/dl

Each meal contained as close to 100g of carbs as possible and 25units of insulin (Humulin R). So far I the postprandial (2hr postmeal) figures are in line with what I have been experiencing, but they seem to be getting a little tighter. I'll be very interested to see how this progresses.

Weight is up to 265lbs
To drop those numbers a little more do 3 recompadrol 2 aav2 pre meal then 1 aav2 after this Gould help more with caloricwasting

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
In for this ride

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Humpty bumpty

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Weight 264.5lbs

First off I apologize for the delay, I have been having issues with Verizon and my internet connection, and my work monitors my web usage

25th Dinner 130mg/dl

Switched to:
3 Recompadrol & 2 AAV2 Prior to the meal and 1 AAV2 after

26 Lunch 115mg/dl
26 Dinner 123mg/dl
27 Lunch 126mg/dl
27 Dinner 110mg/dl

Switch to meals of 75g carbs and 18units - wondering if it may be a carb sweet spot persay
28 Lunch 100mg/dl
28 Dinner 98mg/dl WOOT WOOT - I really liked this one
29 Lunch 105mg/dl
29 Dinner 93mg/dl

Tested with only Insulin, no stack to get an idea of its influence
30 Lunch 140mg/dl
30 Dinner 133mg/dl

I knew they'd be high, but I felt the need to test it out at least once. Curiosity killed the cat

Back on Stack
July
1 Lunch 113mg/dl

I'm still loving the clarity of this stack, it doesn't seem to stick around as long anymore but I am definitely more productive on this. My wife even commented! Satiety is long gone, unfortunately.

I'm thinking that the 75g of carbs is a pretty good sweet spot, but I have been contemplating trying out 50 for my two meals to see if I can keep things a bit more contained. What do you guys think? Maybe I'll give that a whirl after I finish up on this stack, but to keep things a bit more consistent for the remainder.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Weight 264.5lbs

First off I apologize for the delay, I have been having issues with Verizon and my internet connection, and my work monitors my web usage

25th Dinner 130mg/dl

Switched to:
3 Recompadrol & 2 AAV2 Prior to the meal and 1 AAV2 after

26 Lunch 115mg/dl
26 Dinner 123mg/dl
27 Lunch 126mg/dl
27 Dinner 110mg/dl

Switch to meals of 75g carbs and 18units - wondering if it may be a carb sweet spot persay
28 Lunch 100mg/dl
28 Dinner 98mg/dl WOOT WOOT - I really liked this one
29 Lunch 105mg/dl
29 Dinner 93mg/dl

Tested with only Insulin, no stack to get an idea of its influence
30 Lunch 140mg/dl
30 Dinner 133mg/dl

I knew they'd be high, but I felt the need to test it out at least once. Curiosity killed the cat

Back on Stack
July
1 Lunch 113mg/dl

I'm still loving the clarity of this stack, it doesn't seem to stick around as long anymore but I am definitely more productive on this. My wife even commented! Satiety is long gone, unfortunately.

I'm thinking that the 75g of carbs is a pretty good sweet spot, but I have been contemplating trying out 50 for my two meals to see if I can keep things a bit more contained. What do you guys think? Maybe I'll give that a whirl after I finish up on this stack, but to keep things a bit more consistent for the remainder.

This is a great log, thanks for sharing man

Wow, the difference with out the stack is pretty impressive!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Glad to see the insulin drop :)

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is great! Yea. Drop to 50 g carbs. You don't need more than that post workout or any other time give current situation anyway

Glad to see these numbers drop!

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Weight 269lbs - I'm not sure whats going on here...

50g of carbs per meal and 12units Humulin R

1 Dinner 99mg/dl
2 Lunch 110mg/dl
2 Dinner 113mg/dl
3 Lunch 97mg/dl
3 Dinner 108mg/dl
4 Lunch 115mg/dl
4 Dinner 126mg/dl * Portion estimates were tougher at a party, so that may be some of the reason
5 Lunch 113mg/dl
5 Dinner 99mg/dl

Overall I am quite happy with the numbers I am hitting. I feel SO much better keeping my sugars pretty tight, it makes my energy levels significantly higher. Focus from the stack is much less pronounced now.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards

1 Dinner 99mg/dl
2 Lunch 110mg/dl
2 Dinner 113mg/dl
3 Lunch 97mg/dl
3 Dinner 108mg/dl
4 Lunch 115mg/dl
4 Dinner 126mg/dl * Portion estimates were tougher at a party, so that may be some of the reason
5 Lunch 113mg/dl
5 Dinner 99mg/dl

Overall I am quite happy with the numbers I am hitting. I feel SO much better keeping my sugars pretty tight, it makes my energy levels significantly higher. Focus from the stack is much less pronounced now.
Workin well man... So glad

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards

1 Dinner 99mg/dl
2 Lunch 110mg/dl
2 Dinner 113mg/dl
3 Lunch 97mg/dl
3 Dinner 108mg/dl
4 Lunch 115mg/dl
5 Lunch 113mg/dl
5 Dinner 99mg/dl

It is working great man!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's the mirror saying about your weight. Visceral adipose tissue is a big contributed to insulin resistance.

So as long as your leaning out and feeling better and using less insulin it's a good start.

Post up your diet. Or email me I'll set you up on a diet

Or you can go to my web page and read the write up on AAv2 and follow the sample diet layed out for a 200 lb male and just increase the cals by 20%

Jahcuree

This thread is very confusing to me.

Why are we concerned with supplements and medications at all at this point when this whole entire disease and all of its symptoms can be relieved from a diet change...

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
This thread is very confusing to me.

Why are we concerned with supplements and medications at all at this point when this whole entire disease and all of its symptoms can be relieved from a diet change...
For me it is about learning what I can do to alleviate the issues surrounding diabetes. Type II diabetes has different levels of progressions and I think that mine got quite far before it was diagnosed, implying that there may be a significant level of beta cell degeneration. This log is meant to show the affects of this stack on my glucose control. To this point I have not been able to control my sugars without medication or supplements so to say it can all be relieve with diet hasn't panned out for me. At least not to this point.

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
What's the mirror saying about your weight. Visceral adipose tissue is a big contributed to insulin resistance.

So as long as your leaning out and feeling better and using less insulin it's a good start.

Post up your diet. Or email me I'll set you up on a diet

Or you can go to my web page and read the write up on AAv2 and follow the sample diet layed out for a 200 lb male and just increase the cals by 20%
So based on the AAV2 writeup you think a Ketogenic Diet is the way to go? Primarily Meat, Fish, Nuts, Omega 3s, Cocout Oil with some Low Starch Veggies and Protein Shakes to round it out? Maybe say 15grams or less of carbs/meal?

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
So based on the AAV2 writeup you think a Ketogenic Diet is the way to go? Primarily Meat, Fish, Nuts, Omega 3s, Cocout Oil with some Low Starch Veggies and Protein Shakes to round it out? Maybe say 15grams or less of carbs/meal?
Wait the boss to give you a way more educated answer but, that has been my diet for years, with the only difference
that my carbs are 30gr total (a day), and I feel great. (I don't have diabetes, just give you a feedaback on the type of diet/food choices)
and as you know I too run both Recomp and AAv2 daily

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Keto is pretty much that.
Fat is majority of the intake to negate any insulin made out of proteins (gluconeogenis) and protein being around .8 per/lb bw to still give your body enough to stay happy. Carbs are said to be under 50g but under 30 to hit ketosis faster.
Coconut oil aids in reaching ketosis faster due to its MCT composition

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Personally I feel it is best for type 2 diabetics. But I wanted you to ease into the diet so there's less problems conforming to that lifestyle when you do it slowly. I don't want you to rebound

Keto would be perfect. If doing keto do 15 g or less per meal (as a net number)

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Personally I feel it is best for type 2 diabetics. But I wanted you to ease into the diet so there's less problems conforming to that lifestyle when you do it slowly. I don't want you to rebound

Keto would be perfect. If doing keto do 15 g or less per meal (as a net number)
From what I've been experiencing moving to a keto diet may get me off the insulin all together, so I will definitely transition that way.

I totally hear you on the slow transition as I have tried jumping to low carb in the past and fell off the wagon because of the transitional feeling of trash. I think I'm going to give the 50g carbs another day or two and transition to 25g carbs/meal.

When I first was diagnosed I was also trying out low carb but I was also finding that the metformin and high fat generally don't mix well (aka my digestive track was not happy). Any ideas on how to fix that or at least mediate it?

From a diabetic stand point is there an optimal training regimen as well?

I have to say I think it is quite strange that everything my Doctor recommends screws up my glucose, but everything you have helped me with makes it better and better. I really appreciate all of your help, it has been amazing.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sub'd. Logs like this are very interesting to me (my dad has type 1.5 diabetes). Good luck, man.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
From what I've been experiencing moving to a keto diet may get me off the insulin all together, so I will definitely transition that way.

I totally hear you on the slow transition as I have tried jumping to low carb in the past and fell off the wagon because of the transitional feeling of trash. I think I'm going to give the 50g carbs another day or two and transition to 25g carbs/meal.

When I first was diagnosed I was also trying out low carb but I was also finding that the metformin and high fat generally don't mix well (aka my digestive track was not happy). Any ideas on how to fix that or at least mediate it?

From a diabetic stand point is there an optimal training regimen as well?

I have to say I think it is quite strange that everything my Doctor recommends screws up my glucose, but everything you have helped me with makes it better and better. I really appreciate all of your help, it has been amazing.
Terms of training program. Maybe a starting strength or wendler 531.
Low volume but heavy CNS type. Develop M&M connection

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Quick update:

Everything has been going awesome. I'm still doing 50g of carbs for my two meals, but I've lowered the insulin to only 10units! Blood sugar has been awesome sticking between 87-103mg/dl. Another perk is that the focus and clarity has returned! I'm really loving this stack. I'm feeling better than I have in years! I only have a few days worth left, so at that point I was going to transition to a low carb diet as discussed above.

Any harm in running this stack continuously, or do I need to take a couple of weeks off before I start again?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been on recompadrol for years. I'd take a break from aav2 every 3-4 months for about a month then start again