Creatine & Insulin???

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74%

Creatine & Insulin???

Hello just quick question hopefully someone will know.I was bought a box of jack3d and when I researched it on the Internet I read that creatine & insulin cannot exist in the bloodstream at the same time.Being a diabetic I found that my blood sugars where elevated post workout after taking jack3d.
    Can anyone shed light on what the article meant.ie does one cancell the other out or what happens.thanks in advance

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cuba View Post
    Hello just quick question hopefully someone will know.I was bought a box of jack3d and when I researched it on the Internet I read that creatine & insulin cannot exist in the bloodstream at the same time.Being a diabetic I found that my blood sugars where elevated post workout after taking jack3d.
    Can anyone shed light on what the article meant.ie does one cancell the other out or what happens.thanks in advance
    I have no clue what you read, but it's totally illogical. The high blood sugar is likely due to a combination of caffeine and 1,3-Dimethylamylamine. Stimulants generally increase blood sugar in diabetics.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.6%

Quote Originally Posted by cuba
    Can u give us a rough idea where u read it? You can't post a link uet
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.23%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

no clue what you read, but many national level and pro bodybuilders take their creatine with exogenous insulin which is never advised.

Mike
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.82%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    I have no clue what you read, but it's totally illogical. The high blood sugar is likely due to a combination of caffeine and 1,3-Dimethylamylamine. Stimulants generally increase blood sugar in diabetics.
    This. From personal experience, creatine has never caused an issue with my blood sugars.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 12:19 PM
  2. insulin plus creatine
    By bbkhan87 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 07:06 PM
  3. exogenous insulin use and insulin sensitivity ?
    By raybravo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 05:56 PM