Collagen for joint support?

CuriousYogurt

CuriousYogurt

Awards
(not sure where else to post this ...)

Is there any point in taking it for joints? I've been recently reading on the 'net that it's supposed to be good for joints, but as far as I can tell, it's basically just protein? So no point for someone already eating tons of protein a day to supplement with collagen, no?

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
how about "collagen boosters" such as this product:

PRO-LONGEVITY RESVERATROL BLEND(ORGANIC FRENCH RED WHOLE GRAPE (SKIN, VINE, STEM, SEEDS) (VITIS VINIFERA) FULL-SPECTRUM POLYPHENOL PROFILE, USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC MUSCADINE RED WHOLE GRAPE (SKIN, VINE, STEM, SEEDS(VITIS ROTUNDIFOLIA AND NATURAL WILD POLYGONUM CUSPIDATUM STANDARDIZED TO CONTAIN A MINIMUM OF 100 MG OF TRANS-RESVERATROL)
400 Mg
BIOCELL COLLAGEN (HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN TYPE II 600 MG*, CHONDROITIN SULFATE 200 MG*, HYALURONIC ACID 100 MG*)
1000 Mg

good for your skin and keeping a youthful appearance or no? I notice a popular "bodybuilder" supp in the mix up in there :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Woefully underdosed. Just do 500mg vit C every 4 hours if you're really that concerned about collagen resynthesis.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Cissus, namely a 5% extract like cissus xt, is arguably the best standalone ingredient for joint support and fracture healing.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion based on my comments in this thread...
LOL....you never said "taking XXX of YYY could be useful"....so I figured you thought the ingredients were useless as well. I notice most trans-res products seem to have 600-1200mg of the stuff in them as far as that part goes....

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
LOL....you never said "taking XXX of YYY could be useful"....so I figured you thought the ingredients were useless as well. I notice most trans-res products seem to have 600-1200mg of the stuff in them as far as that part goes....
Trans-resveratrol has different functions. For aromatase inhbition, doses that high are necessary. For other things, not so much.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I was looking at more of the healthy/youthful skin angle.......different from the OP.....I notice there are a lot of collagen boosting products aimed at this....
Ah, yes. Then you will have to stay tuned for the SNS health series!

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Celadrin (NOW brand) is cheap and has done wonders for me... especially with the AIs I ran through my last cycle/PCT.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 14
Dustin07 Supplements 43
Dustin07 Supplements 1
Product Reviews 0
Supplements 25