Question About VidaTest label

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Does each capsule actually have 30mg of elemental zinc? If so, this is rather worrisome because the product really can't be dosed more than 1 cap per day.

Bioforge utilizes 30mg of Zinc Picolinate, yielding no more than 6mg of elemental zinc.

I'm wondering if the vidatest label is a typo, because dosing 3-4 caps of this daily would definitely result in toxicity symptoms and mineral depletion over the course of 3 months...

Let me know, thanks!

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
The label says Zinc Citrate or am I missing something?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Let's see some answers roll by...by some reps of course...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The label says Zinc Citrate or am I missing something?
It says "Zinc (as Zinc Citrate)." This indicates that there are 30mg of elemental zinc present, and a much higher total dose of zinc citrate. The %DV also corresponds to 30mg elemental zinc.

I'd really appreciate if there is any "evidence" as well if this is a typo. I have a medical condition and can't use this supplement if there is 30mg elemental zinc per cap due to the effects of excessive zinc use on iron. I'll provide my email address for an analysis of the ingredients (doesn't have to be 3rd party). I just simply cannot risk going by someone's word in this case...I need some data :).

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It says "Zinc (as Zinc Citrate)." This indicates that there are 30mg of elemental zinc present, and a much higher total dose of zinc citrate. The %DV also corresponds to 30mg elemental zinc.
My GI lining is so poor that even at the 3 capsule dose I would still be zinc deficient at the end of my run lol.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
sorry for the delay guys. Thanks cooper for bringing this thread to my attention. This question has been raised before and it's 30mg of zinc citrate. This equates to 9mg of elemental zinc per cap.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established

I'd really appreciate if there is any "evidence" as well if this is a typo. I have a medical condition and can't use this supplement if there is 30mg elemental zinc per cap due to the effects of excessive zinc use on iron. I'll provide my email address for an analysis of the ingredients (doesn't have to be 3rd party). I just simply cannot risk going by someone's word in this case...I need some data :).
I have emailed them asking for an official response and some proof. My response above is from the question bieng asked before and there response in an email.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im hoping its a typo as i took this product for three months. Hopefully i havnt received any issues that im not yet aware of.

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
Glad this turned out to be a typo, 10 days into Vidatest run and I'm loving it just as much as Bioforge v3.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Competition creates innovation and keeps pricing fair. Monopolies never work out that well for the consumer.....

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
VidaSupps has confirmed that it is 9mg of elemental zinc per cap or 30mg of zinc citrate.