Stacking 2 Types of L-Carnitine or Inject it?

SeniorXJ

Awards
So far my research has lead me to the different types of L-Carnitines & what they do. My first question is, why not stack 2 different Carnitines such as PLCAR with ALCAR?? Second question is, wouldnt injectable Carnitine work better such as Synthetine seen here: Synthetine – Lipid (Fat) Transporter | Synthetek

Thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
1. You can stack them.

2. Would injectable carnitine work better for what?

Califrniabear

Califrniabear

Awards
i've been supplementing L-Carnitine for about 4 months now. If I wasn't getting it for so cheap, I wouldn't take it, I really don't feel any different on the stuff

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Hey coop, i was reading on ALCAR and PLCAR, and stacking them would be less effective than taking one alone? Several studies that i have read on Pubmed.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hey coop, i was reading on ALCAR and PLCAR, and stacking them would be less effective than taking one alone? Several studies that i have read on Pubmed.
I only know of two that have shown this, and they were with respective to chronic fatigue syndrome and pro-oxidation after VERY prolonged use.

The combination's broad-spectrum benefits probably outweighs the minor contraindications in isolated scenarios.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha, thanks for clearing it up. Thats crazy how you can recall that off the top of your head!

SeniorXJ

Awards
No, my question does not have some alternative meaning. I'm asking exactly for what purpose are you using the carnitine, as there are several uses between the parent molecule and the salt forms.
Oh ok, my bad lol! For the same reasons most do, fat loss & endurance gains, (even tho its not much, it does help!), plus the Acetyl L-carnitine has great results on the mind & its receptor cells. (i think i got that right)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Oh ok, my bad lol! For the same reasons most do, fat loss & endurance gains, (even tho its not much, it does help!), plus the Acetyl L-carnitine has great results on the mind & its receptor cells. (i think i got that right)
Right. Well if elevating muscle carnitine is your goal (direct effects on fat loss), you can inject carnitine, consume PLCAR orally, or consume any carnitine orally in the presence of insulin. This needs to be done on a chronic timescale.

ALCAR may indirectly enhance fat loss by stimulating AMPK.

SeniorXJ

Awards
Right. Well if elevating muscle carnitine is your goal (direct effects on fat loss), you can inject carnitine, consume PLCAR orally, or consume any carnitine orally in the presence of insulin. This needs to be done on a chronic timescale.

ALCAR may indirectly enhance fat loss by stimulating AMPK.
I ordered a 500g tub of Acetyl L-Carnitine, (ALCAR), & have 2 questions, First, can it be encapsulated for ease of use?? Second, should i stack it with Propionyl L-Carnitine, (PLCAR), for double the results?? Remember, my goals with this are fat loss, & endurance!
Thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I ordered a 500g tub of Acetyl L-Carnitine, (ALCAR), & have 2 questions, First, can it be encapsulated for ease of use?? Second, should i stack it with Propionyl L-Carnitine, (PLCAR), for double the results?? Remember, my goals with this are fat loss, & endurance!
Thanks!
Yeah, you'd have to encapsulate it yourself. This is why I opt for SNS ALCAR caps. You can stack it with PLCAR but you won't get double results; rather, different results. ALCAR will stimulate AMPK while PLCAR will directly elevate muscle carnitine. ALCAR will work in the short-term whereas PLCAR must be administered chronically for fat loss.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
That's 3 dead posts you bumped pushing their product, on this forum, this week.