Anyone switch to HEMP protein (from Whey)?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thoughts/Experiences?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I use whey hemp egg mixture from tp. Taste like ****. Although hemp is a great source of SPA. Which is good for people who have low EPA levels

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL @ taste :p

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd recommend it. But need to let you know about the taste

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Good for fiber and what else? I add in brown rice protein from time to time, hemp taste better though.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not interested in the fiber content and what EBF mentioned is a plus.

Whey, Egg, Caseinate proteins and I just do not get along. So, Im running out of choices

Despite trying a myriad of of digestive aids (ginger, ACV, dig. enzymes, betaine HCL, papaya chewies for the heck of it), I give up.

Good for fiber and what else? I add in brown rice protein from time to time, hemp taste better though.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
from when I looked at it long time back the prices were much higher than whey... but again I rather smoke my hemp which costs more :)

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Whey, Egg, Caseinate proteins and I just do not get along. So, Im running out of choices

Despite trying a myriad of of digestive aids (ginger, ACV, dig. enzymes, betaine HCL, papaya chewies for the heck of it), I give up.
MuscleMeds makes Carnivore... which is isolated beef protein. I've never tried it, but it's another option.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
from when I looked at it long time back the prices were much higher than whey... but again I rather smoke my hemp which costs more :)
Ahh, but vaporizing hemp protein is much more inexpensive in the long-run, and easier on the lungs... or so I've heard. :thumbsup:

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
I just.grind up my hemp and add it to my post workout shake. Really help s you to throw down on that pst workout meal an hour later. Lol

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
I just.grind up my hemp and add it to my post workout shake. Really help s you to throw down on that pst workout meal an hour later. Lol
Hahaha dat der hemp

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
MuscleMeds makes Carnivore... which is isolated beef protein. I've never tried it, but it's another option.
Beef protein isolate is Very expensive and most of the cheaper version are made from collagen...

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Beef protein isolate is Very expensive and most of the cheaper version are made from collagen...
Everytime I take carnivore I want to throw up an die. By far worst tasting proton I've ever had

CharlesT

CharlesT

Awards
I ditched whey for hemp a few months ago.
My GI tract likes me again.
As far as I know Hemp Pro 70 concentrate is the only water soluble one,if you try others you probably wont like it.

Rizzle

Awards
Hemp protein is amazing. I completely stopped eating all animal proteins and switched to hemp. I have never had a higher strength/bodyweight ratio.

Rizzle

Awards
I also went completely raw vegan in the process and I like the feel of everything now. I find that I recover way faster than I did when I was still eating animal protein. This raw vegan thing is no joke if done properly.

Rizzle

Awards
I use Nutiva or Manitoba Harvest. Both are good. I also noticed that Trader Joes now carries organic hemp protein powders.

Oswizle

Awards
Hemp Protein taste very earthy... but if your like me and super queezy and live on the toilet afterwords...Hemp is your stuff!

Just sucks it takes alot of the stuff to get the calories up... Oh and yes smoking nothing but the finest ganja pre-shake also helps with the queeze bomb mode..just dont smoke a racy OG or you'll get tummy ache roller coaster mode... mmm pre88 bubba is so bomb for getting down shakes!

Mainevant

Mainevant

Awards
Dont like the taste of Hep Protein personally.
Whey for me is much better.

I used the Hemp Protein couple times but for me number one is whey/

saggy321

Awards
  • Established

Have you tried organic whey from grass fed cows? According to some reviews, individuals who had experienced digestive issues with normal whey were able to digest organic whey more easily. A bit more expensive, but worth a try.

Jorsn

Awards
  • Established
Hemp protein is amazing. I completely stopped eating all animal proteins and switched to hemp. I have never had a higher strength/bodyweight ratio.
I've been using potato protein. Think i'll give hemp a try.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
gemma pea protein is another option. I am interested in alternative to dairy proteins because I have had bad digestion from some whey products. Beverly International UMP has: Milk Protein Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Egg White

but UMP oddly does not seem to screw up my digestion as bad as 100% whey products, I may have a mild allergy. I am not affiliated with Beverly International and it is expensive so if you know you have dairy problems it may not work for you. Hopefully some good tasting alternatives to dairy proteins come out.