supplements

weirso

Awards
Does anyone know the best supplement for diabetics if any

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Does anyone know the best supplement for diabetics if any
Depends on whether it's type 1 or type 2.
If its type 2, a non insulin dependent, then alpha lipoic acid, is beneficial.
Better still is na-r-ala.
My sister in law is a type one diabetic, which requires life time insulin injections. However a healthy diet and excersise can prevent a lot of the side effects associated with it.
Good luck.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recompadrol was designed for diabetics. Steve from all max ran a log on it. He's type 1.

My uncle used with great results. He's type 2

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I can post in much greater detail and link to a log when I am back at my computer. Imbon my iPhone now so it's a little difficult. I want to address this fully though

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK there is a ton of information out there, and im going to try and help you out.

With Type 1 diabetes, your insulin dependant.... this however doesnt mean you will have great glycemic control. Even as a type 1 you can become insulin resistant. This is where AMYLIN can help. However, supplements like Recompadrol and ALA can increase AMPk and aid in glycemic control by increasing glut4 translocation.

With type 2, you can be controlled with oral, insulin, or both. Again this doesnt mean you can have good glycemic control. it all gets ver confusing with all the different insulins. but if you need help i can help you.

First defense is your diet, if diabetic, i personally recommend 3 meals a day no snacks (unless using insulin and training fairly close to it where the insulin is still active, this can cause hypoglycemia). If your type 2 diabetic on a SU, you need to watch your meal timing and your workouts.

For type one diabetics, a low glycemic load diet is great (low carb with no insulin can cause diabetic ketoacidosis... no bueno).

Type 2, best initial diet is a paleo followed by a moderate ketogenic diet. This will aid in best glycemic control.

If these dont work.... then

This is where supplements come in.

Type 1 diabetic review

lizonsky

lizonsky

Awards
Im a type 1 diabetic. I take cinnamon, and red cider vinegar to help with my diabetes. Not sure if it works.. but hell, worth a shot.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im a type 1 diabetic. I take cinnamon, and red cider vinegar to help with my diabetes. Not sure if it works.. but hell, worth a shot.
science is there brother

take a look at the review i posted.

lizonsky

lizonsky

Awards
science is there brother

take a look at the review i posted.
Ill research it some more, ill have to check with my endocrinologist on this aswell. But im very interested to give it a shot.. Thanks for this man!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill research it some more, ill have to check with my endocrinologist on this aswell. But im very interested to give it a shot.. Thanks for this man!
no problem.... please if your ok with it, let us know what the endo thinks