Zinc, calcium, mag dosing help

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Need help optimizing dosing amounts and timing of zinc magnesium and calcium.

I have:

30mg zinc tablets
300mg Calcium+ 150mg magnesium+ 400d3 caps
250mg magnesium tabs
Multi v which has 100mg mag, 25 zinc, 290 calcium.

I have been doing:
Upon Rising-Multi v which has 100mg mag, 25 zinc, 290 calcium.
~hour later (Pre workout) 30mg zinc

3-4 hours later with meal I take 300mg Calcium+ 150mg magnesium+ 400d3 caps+1000d3 gel cap

With my protein shake before bed I take 250mg mag tab.

Daily totals are: 55 zinc, 590 calc, 500mag, 2400d3

Does that scheme look ok, beneficial, pointless? Etc? I was doing 1000mg calcium daily but blood work showed that my body wasn't assimilating the calcium. Once I cut it Down, bloods normalized.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Need help optimizing dosing amounts and timing of zinc magnesium and calcium.

I have:

30mg zinc tablets
300mg Calcium+ 150mg magnesium+ 400d3 caps
250mg magnesium tabs
Multi v which has 100mg mag, 25 zinc, 290 calcium.

I have been doing:
Upon Rising-Multi v which has 100mg mag, 25 zinc, 290 calcium.
~hour later (Pre workout) 30mg zinc

3-4 hours later with meal I take 300mg Calcium+ 150mg magnesium+ 400d3 caps+1000d3 gel cap

With my protein shake before bed I take 250mg mag tab.

Daily totals are: 55 zinc, 590 calc, 500mag, 2400d3

Does that scheme look ok, beneficial, pointless? Etc? I was doing 1000mg calcium daily but blood work showed that my body wasn't assimilating the calcium. Once I cut it Down, bloods normalized.
If I remember correctly either zinc or mag compete w calcium for receptor sites, so take them separately.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I remember correctly either zinc or mag compete w calcium for receptor sites, so take them separately.
Zinc should be tken away from calc which I think I accomplish here. Aside from the way the multi is produced..

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Humpty bumpty
I think everything looks good. I take a lot more zinc than you do though. I took 100 mg in the morning afternoon, 15 mg evening and whatever is in my zma stack at night. Do you not buy zma in one due to money or just cuz u prefer to dose it how you would like?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think everything looks good. I take a lot more zinc than you do though. I took 100 mg in the morning afternoon, 15 mg evening and whatever is in my zma stack at night. Do you not buy zma in one due to money or just cuz u prefer to dose it how you would like?
I had bad experiences with zma some years ago, mainly grogginess/drugged feeling, and upon beginning use i noticed bloating which then went sway once I stopped. However, I've used isatest whi h has a zma blend and had great results.. So idk.. I also use test boosters and AI's like erase most of the year.. I have high estrogen so any test boosting product I haveto be careful..

GHO5T

Awards
Out of curiosity.... what is your reason for wanting to add extra zinc, calcium, mag to your regimen? Not steering you away just would like to know.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Out of curiosity.... what is your reason for wanting to add extra zinc, calcium, mag to your regimen? Not steering you away just would like to know.
Zinc helps boost t production, magnesium is proven to support proper muscle function and protein synth.. I know im deficient in it due to restricted diet.. Same with calcium, the ONLY dairy I have is cheese every once in a while.. So calcium intake is super low.. Calcium is also thought to keep bf levels down

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would consider switching to zma at bed, but I'm not sure if it's ok to take with sleep aids lean reduction pm, sleep Max, lipo pm, lean dreams, etc.. And also if I can/should take it year round. Obviously if I start something with extra magnesium or zinc in it, I would have to adjust dosage accordingly.