Best post carbohydrate?

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
Which is it? Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Vitargo, Waxy Maize, Something else? Is it necessary?

Pls i want a clean thread, i don't ask for weight gainers or other post-workout/recovery supplements.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Which is it? Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Vitargo, Waxy Maize, Something else? Is it necessary?

Pls i want a clean thread, i don't ask for weight gainers or other post-workout/recovery supplements.
For a long time I was stuck in the mindset that it was dex/malto mix...but I'm coming around to the fact that it really doesn't matter...

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Lol...this sounds like bbdotcom, if you wanted a clean thread you should have done your research with the search button :p , first of all what kind of diet and supplementation are you on at the moment? Yes this is relevant because unless you tell me you are on carb back loading and are a pro builder , any complex carbs post workout will do :3, either brown rice...oats...heck even some candy once in a while if its a refeed...just don't stress on this kinda details...they are just macros after all.

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
i'm not a pro bodybuilder. I just want to make a good body. In few days i'll start cutting. Erase + Alpha t2 + lipo6 black. I also take creatine. Should i take post workout carbs or not?

I can't fill all the calories with food.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
i'm not a pro bodybuilder. I just want to make a good body. In few days i'll start cutting. Erase + Alpha t2 + lipo6 black. I also take creatine. Should i take post workout carbs or not?

I can't fill all the calories with food.
How come you can't?...damn...IMO if you are cutting you still need carbs from real food , and anyone here will back me up...show me your diet...I'll help you see that you can fill all the calories with real whole foods...everyone can and no one needs powdered food , thats just a stupid gimmick from marketing (well there are some that are worth it...but none that you mentioned...and I will not mention which since I believe whole foods are better :3 )...So come on...bring forth the diet and lets see how many powders you got in there...whole foods shall never be replaced by anything. (Also way better options for the lipo6 , for starters EC stack is far superior and paired with alphat2 and erase...a good better combo IMO)

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I'm bulking I throw in a half scoop of ice cream in my shake lol when I cut then none

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
How come you can't?...damn...IMO if you are cutting you still need carbs from real food , and anyone here will back me up...show me your diet...I'll help you see that you can fill all the calories with real whole foods...everyone can and no one needs powdered food , thats just a stupid gimmick from marketing (well there are some that are worth it...but none that you mentioned...and I will not mention which since I believe whole foods are better :3 )...So come on...bring forth the diet and lets see how many powders you got in there...whole foods shall never be replaced by anything. (Also way better options for the lipo6 , for starters EC stack is far superior and paired with alphat2 and erase...a good better combo IMO)
You may have right. I'll probably fill the calories on cutting. But i don't need carbs and whey protein post workout?

I agree with EC, but it's not for starters. It's dangerous. Also, i can't take it because at work i have to stay outside on the sun many hours and it isn't safe.

So what do you eat post workout? No supplements? And pls, i don't want answers from people who take steroids, no because it's bad, but because with steroids you can have much more improvements without trying to find the minutest particular.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You may have right. I'll probably fill the calories on cutting. But i don't need carbs and whey protein post workout?

I agree with EC, but it's not for starters. It's dangerous. Also, i can't take it because at work i have to stay outside on the sun many hours and it isn't safe.
Post workout I take a protein shake but just protein no carbs on a cut then my post workout meal (about 45 mins later) I eat some carbs like red potatoes or rice with my meal for example yesterday post workout I had a baked red skinned potato with a big ole slab of grilled ham lolol good stuff man

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Nope...no one needs powders lol , best thing are nutrient rich WHOLE foods :), sure they are convenient at times , but never a replacement for food.

Now as far as EC , nothing wrong with being out in the sun all day...merely drink more water and better since your body temp will be higher and you'll be sweating out water weight too :). Look it isn't that hard here's a link on how to save yourself money from useless supps:

http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm

There you go, good guide and read on the EC stack...now lets see what do you mean "I'll probably fill the calories on cutting"?

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
From other thread :

Complex vs simple carbs post workout is going to be a very minimal difference if any.

Or in other words, it doesnt matter
So, it's better to take simple carbs cause they are cheaper.

I mean that on cutting i need less calories and it's easier to take them from food. But i'll continue to drink protein shake post workout. The main question is, isolate or not?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
From other thread :

So, it's better to take simple carbs cause they are cheaper.
Hm basically...carbs are carbs...but how I said don't go blowing up money on powders when there's icecream like howwedo said lol...Now if you are cutting xD Idk...I am real religious on keeping them strictly complex and whole foods and away with all forms of sugar when cutting haha so its up to you.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This thread makes me laugh and swear all at the same time.

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
Rhadam tell you opinion man. You have a nice body. What post-workout do you eat?

And does really post-workout shake matters the most? Or the real exercise, the good diet and some good supplements? ( creatine etc.. )

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hm basically...carbs are carbs...but how I said don't go blowing up money on powders when there's icecream like howwedo said lol...Now if you are cutting xD Idk...I am real religious on keeping them strictly complex and whole foods and away with all forms of sugar when cutting haha so its up to you.
Lol damn tasty ice cream haha celorza take 1 scoop vanilla mint swirl protean with 6-8 oz milk and a little spoon full of vanilla bean ice cream man it's intense lol well actually addicting is the word I'm looking for haha

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yeah me too...but I'm going easy on him :3
Rhadam tell you opinion man. You have a nice body. What post-workout do you eat?

And does really post-workout shake matters the most? Or the real exercise, the good diet and some good supplements? ( creatine etc.. )
And there he goes again hahahaha xD asking for post workout shakes and powders...it sounds so much like bbdotcom mentality...or worse! muscletech ideology xD haha

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Lol damn tasty ice cream haha celorza take 1 scoop vanilla mint swirl protean with 6-8 oz milk and a little spoon full of vanilla bean ice cream man it's intense lol well actually addicting is the word I'm looking for haha
Oh good lord I added 2 scoops to my RVC shake the other day...I am telling you brother I am in love with the addicting taste! And since I'm bulking what the heck xD hahaha , damn I gotta try the VMS! I'm gonna order one this week, its a good treat , and well it ain't no secret I love to cook with protein powders hahaha

uvawahoowa

Awards

So what do you eat post workout? No supplements? And pls, i don't want answers from people who take steroids, no because it's bad, but because with steroids you can have much more improvements without trying to find the minutest particular.
When I am cutting I will have 30g whey followed by 4oz chicken and 15g carbs from white potatoes 15 mins later. That is my personal preference

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
When I am cutting I will have 30g whey followed by 4oz chicken and 15g carbs from white potatoes 15 mins later. That is my personal preference
You see? more and more tell the same story...YOU NEED WHOLE FOODS , sure its nice to get the protein shake in , do it for taste and extra protein...but for christ sake , WHOLE FOODS man haha

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
The point many are tying to make is if it fits your macros for the day it could be ice cream or oats. It's about having dialed in macros.

I like carbs from milk personally, it really is about getting your macros on point first. How many carbs can you eat a day? I like to eat at least 50% of my carbs for the day within 1 hour post work out. Everyone really is different. Schedules, body types, goals all play an effect.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh good lord I added 2 scoops to my RVC shake the other day...I am telling you brother I am in love with the addicting taste! And since I'm bulking what the heck xD hahaha , damn I gotta try the VMS! I'm gonna order one this week, its a good treat , and well it ain't no secret I love to cook with protein powders hahaha
Just got a little pint of Belgium chocolate ice cream for my RVC protean man can't wait to try it tomorrow and OP just an FYI I'm sure my little scoop of ice cream has no effect on my body post work out...I do it bc it's easier to get away with simple carbs after you workout when your body is sucking up carbs so it's the best time to feed my slight ice cream addiction lol

uvawahoowa

Awards
The point many are tying to make is if it fits your macros for the day it could be ice cream or oats. It's about having dialed in macros.

I like carbs from milk personally, it really is about getting your macros on point first. How many carbs can you eat a day? I like to eat at least 50% of my carbs for the day within 1 hour post work out. Everyone really is different. Schedules, body types, goals all play an effect.
I'd agree with this...if I took the carbs out of my breakfast and ate them with my post meal I think my body composition would likely be exactly the same.

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
I don't like oats. I can't eat all the day oats. I have them at breakfast. Too much to add them post workout too!

Also, because 2,3 people eat whole food post-workout, doesn't mean it's the rule. I also eat whole food, 5 times the day! Not too bad i think! But i want the best possibly option!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

EXACTLY! But do notice he mentioned FOOD not powders >>!!!! And yeah I rather MOST of my carbs or around 60% in fast break (post workout) and then the other half before bed :3!! IFing forever ;D!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I don't like oats. I can't eat all the day oats. I have them at breakfast. Too much to add them post workout too!

Also, because 2,3 people eat whole food post-workout, doesn't mean it's the rule. I also eat whole food, 5 times the day! Not too bad i think! But i want the best possibly option!
You want to know if there's a secret to getting BIG and LEAN in a magic carb powder form lol at least that's all I'm getting from you...and sorry to disappoint , there isn't , want the best possible option? PERSEVERANCE , TRIAL AND ERROR , AND YEARS OF THIS , it takes years to build a desired physique...you can NOT find an easy way , a short cut , or a stairway to heav..(wait wut? got off track sorry) , point is , stop fuzzing about it and take the advice all this people including me have given you , if you don't like the advice DONT take it , DONT ask for it and do whatever you want :p after all its your body and its your own damn will xD haha

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
I read many advises man. Some tell me eat complex carbs, other tell me eat simple carbs. Maybe both work. So, by the time maltodextin works good on me, i'll continue with it. Maybe i'll try waxy maize or vitargo for summer cutting.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You want to know if there's a secret to getting BIG and LEAN in a magic carb powder form lol at least that's all I'm getting from you...and sorry to disappoint , there isn't , want the best possible option? PERSEVERANCE , TRIAL AND ERROR , AND YEARS OF THIS , it takes years to build a desired physique...you can NOT find an easy way , a short cut , or a stairway to heav..(wait wut? got off track sorry) , point is , stop fuzzing about it and take the advice all this people including me have given you , if you don't like the advice DONT take it , DONT ask for it and do whatever you want :p after all its your body and its your own damn will xD haha
"Bodybuilding is a marathon not a sprint" perfect quote to add to celorza's comment

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
"Bodybuilding is a marathon not a sprint" perfect quote to add to celorza's comment
I forgot it >_<! God damn it! I usually bring it in! I got it on a poster I made by myself on my wall actually haha , along with a pic of me with my first 6pack at 6.9% BF and a reminder I gotta get BIGGER NOW >:3!! hahahaha

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a lot of demonization of protein powders in this thread.

Yes food is better (especially when comparing micro nutrients) but this doesnt mean protein powder is bad or that you can have a couple shakes a day. Protein powder is cheap, convenient and helps to hit your desired macros for a day. There is nothing wrong with a couple shakes a day IMO just make sure the rest of your diet has protein rich food (whole eggs, beef, chicken, fish) and also lots of veggies.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Yes food is better (especially when comparing micro nutrients) but this doesnt mean protein powder is bad or that you can have a couple shakes a day. Protein powder is cheap, convenient and helps to hit your desired macros for a day. There is nothing wrong with a couple shakes a day IMO just make sure the rest of your diet has meat and lots of veggies.
I make the mistake of making it sound directly as though they are bad , but I did add in one post my way of looking at them , a way to treat yourself to some tasty extra protein to fit in the macros , but never to take out whole meals (unless you really can't eat atm and well...gotta admit it comes in handy)...But sometimes I find their best use would be in a "Carb Back Loading" diet scheme with high leucine content , some casein and also some whey hydrosolates to make a good insulin spike and protein pathway...however one must understand the principles behind insulin response , glut4 and all that good stuff...which I am still wrapping my head around ^_^ hence I don't recommend it or preach about it until i get it and try it for myself haha

rome32

rome32

Board Sponsor
Awards
I always take Waxi Maize about 45 minutes prior to training(15-20 minutes after my preworkout meal) and sometimes I like to mix it with my preworkout(depending).

I take 40g WM 30 minutes post workout with whey, but when I cut I never take carbs post. I wait until my postworkout meal to fill up on the carbs in whole foods.

I did notice I stored more fat though when taking the WM post so I discontinued it and left it to a preworkout.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

Yes food is better (especially when comparing micro nutrients) but this doesnt mean protein powder is bad or that you can have a couple shakes a day. Protein powder is cheap, convenient and helps to hit your desired macros for a day. There is nothing wrong with a couple shakes a day IMO just make sure the rest of your diet has protein rich food (whole eggs, beef, chicken, fish) and also lots of veggies.
Agreed. Protein powder is even more micronutrient dense than many other common protein sources in the BBing diet.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards

This^^!

This thread had me smh the whole time haha

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Agreed. Protein powder is even more micronutrient dense than many other common protein sources in the BBing diet.
I believe I misunderstood Josh then...I thought he said: "Yes food is better (especially when comparing micro nutrients) " Usually I tend to think some protein powders (specially main stream) lack micronutrient content and rather indulge in good healthy foods veggies included...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I believe I misunderstood Josh then...I thought he said: "Yes food is better (especially when comparing micro nutrients) " Usually I tend to think some protein powders (specially main stream) lack micronutrient content and rather indulge in good healthy foods veggies included...
Oh, for sure. My point was that protein powders, as milk derivatives, carry the micronutrient content of dairy products along with them.

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
If your looking for a good carb source to help out then check out GLYCOMYX by southland

Just remember that food the best source.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established

Yup. If I can't take a break at work I can slam a chocolate shake with peanut butter in seconds and get back to work. Protein is getting expensive quickly unfortunately.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yup. If I can't take a break at work I can slam a chocolate shake with peanut butter in seconds and get back to work. Protein is getting expensive quickly unfortunately.
Hmmmmmm Peaaaaanut Butter!! Yummy...and yeah protein is going high fast...wait for the a**holes from congress to bad supps and it will be worse...Black Marken Whey Protein , 129.99 for a 2lb tub! >_<!!!

On the plus side there's a company here , muscle gauge, that sells their prot pretty cheap and gives us like 25% discount haha. Or you can always slim your wallet down for a taste of heaven from iForce and get RVC/VMS ^_^

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Just eat whole foods.