Best supps for inhibiting Glycation

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey carb-crowd, might want to get sub'd ;)

Background on Glycation: http://pals2u.tripod.com/id24.html

I have been on Carnosine for a long time but dang is it expensive.

Given the fact Im a low carb guy (with the exception of binges 1x/week), I'm already ahead of the game with respect to glycation (AGE's) prevention.

As meat eaters, we get SOME of our carnosine however, this is relatively negated by the fact we COOK our meat (hence, more AGE's) lol

Carnosine is very expenive, and there is quite a bit of controversy on it (Taurine depleting, low absorption rates, etc) that Im looking for a replacement.

Pyridoxamine was at the top of the list until the FDA banned it. :(

I recently came across some research on Benfotiamine. Still researching but Im leaning towards THIS (cheap, effective, many studies proving efficacy).

P5P is another interesting one.

Green Tea also appeared in my search.

Anyone knowledgeable in this subject?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good read... Us low carbers r def ahead of the game.. Although I admittedly have been slightly higher than usual for the past few months :/ n still doing a 1x week binge lol. But I drink green tea every night before bed.. I keep a short beard, if I didht, I'd look 17 still, I'm 24 in two months. I've never heard of p5p and glycation... green tea or matcha is superb regardless of if it affects glycation.. I suggest Makkng it a habit! He mentions ALA in the article ..

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im not a fan of ALA due to it's discovery to jam carbs into FAT CELLS (hence the use of r-ALA-however, I'm not convinced r-ALA doesnt do the same but thats for a whole different thread! lol)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im not a fan of ALA due to it's discovery to jam carbs into FAT CELLS (hence the use of r-ALA-however, I'm not convinced r-ALA doesnt do the same but thats for a whole different thread! lol)
I agree with u actually. I noticed this with ALA years ago.. Couldn't take anything Thst contained it- immediate bloat.. I'm on n2slin finishing second straight bottle..* For the most part* no negative effects.. Although my stomach softened up more than I'd have liked (contains r-ALA)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First ALA, then r-ALA was needed instead, then K-R-ALA, then ..Na-r-ALA.....LOL

Come on!

Just not into it. They've all made me SOFT.

Back OT.............