bulk up

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  122 lbs.

bulk up

I am a very skinny. I am having a really hard time bulking up. What supplements could i try to help me wuth this problem. Is there any sampkes i can try.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.

No supplement is going to help with that. You just need to figure out how many calories you need to take in before you start gaining weight. Be diligent about it and track your calories with an app like My Fitness Pal. Eventually you'll find a point where you start putting on weight. Nothing more to it than that. I wish I had that problem..
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by devin c View Post
    I am a very skinny. I am having a really hard time bulking up. What supplements could i try to help me wuth this problem. Is there any sampkes i can try.
    Generally, I'd recommend getting your diet and lifting down before you start thinking supps. Protein powder is good, even for begginers, because it ensures youre getting the protein you need to get the most out of your training, but I'd hold off on things like creatine/test boosters until you hit a solid plateau. Once you get to that stage, I'd look into some DAA, agmatine, a solid preworkout, creatine, etc. As far as bulking goes, once youre ready for supps, take a look at anabeta. Really increases hunger, so it's suited to guys like you that have a hard time eating.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  122 lbs.

FORGET ABOUT SUPPLEMENTS! GET YOUR NUTRITION AND TRAINING IN ORDER! THEN STAY CONSISTENT WITH IT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

You don't really need any supplements (and using samples are not going to do much, since most supplements take a few weeks to really make a difference) but the Basic Staples (creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs) to gain mass and strength - at your body mass, the only ones I recommend that you get are a multivitamin and creatine, since you should be able to get all your good fats protein, and BCAAs needs from your nutrition. I don't recommend using anything else but these basic staples until you have built up a solid training base (and/or are older - since you do not give age here, and not to assume, but generally males at your height and body mass are younger) - NUTRITION AND TRAINING are what are going to get you results!

If you want gains, then you need to eat enough for them, and no supplement is going to help you gain muscle if you're not eating for it, period! NUTRITION and TRAINING are the two factors that you need to focus on. FOOD, FOOD, and MORE FOOD is going to be IMPORTANT - if you want muscle gains, you needs to EAT for it!

Next to nutrition for mass is training. You have to be training correctly for mass - check out the article How To Maximize Mass Through Weights And Adaptation for an idea of how to train correctly for mass. And although The Essential 8 is in the fat loss section, the same exercises that are best for fat loss are also the best for gaining muscle! You also need to get adequate recovery, since it's in your RECOVERY that you GROW (if you are eating enough).

Take some time out to research and look around, because there is a TON of information on training for mass! If you can't be bothered doing that, then get yourself a trainer who can and will design and INDIVIDUALIZE both a Nutrition Plan and Training Programme SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU re your goals AND needs.

All the Best!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

Well I'd say if you're fairly lean, which I'm guessing you are. Start eating as much food as you can manage in a day and keep it as clean as possible and keep protein high at each meal. Bad meals won't really hurt you in the short run, but you'll have to take the fat off at some point so eating clean mostly is best. When you feel like you can't eat any more, do. Lift 4-5times a week with the BIG three , bench, dead lift, and squat, in there somewhere. Do this for about 3 months and see where you're at.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 03:00 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 01:50 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 07:24 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 06:56 AM
  5. BULK v Cut, cutbulk bulkcut bulk bulk bulk!!!
    By polski_69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 04:19 PM