Rate my pre-workout formula

bigbb123

Awards
Ok,

So im sick of buying proprietary garbage and I want to make my own preworkout supplement.

Im going to list what I have so far, could you guys give me some input on the dosages and compounds?

1. Creatine Mono or CEE 5 grams
2.Betaine
3.Beta Alanine
4.Electrolyte Mix
5.BCAA
6.L-Norvaline
7.Caffeine
8.L-Orinthine
9.L-tyrosine
10.Citruline Malate
11. Choline Bitartrate12. Alcar
13. Glycerol
14.L-Taurine

Notice i left out Arginine, not sure if you guys think i should include it

Rip it apart, tell me appropriate dosages, what to add, what to remove

Lets say money is not an issue and i can get this formula compounded

Thanks!

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My quick thoughts without really looking if your using Citruline Malate already i wouldn't use Norvaline also there is other factors with Norvaline i dont like but to each their own. ALCAR is a winner and so is Choline Bitartrate. Beta Alanine is something you want to take continuously so you reach saturation point so if you don't plan on taking it for months i wouldn't do it. Mono is always better creatine wise. Also i just take leucine preworkout and post workout, don't really do BCAA's preworkout.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many grams citrulline malate? Also ditch the cee and stick with mono.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
Maybe add agmatine sulfate? Haven't tried it but it gets good feedback

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
1. Creatine Mono - 3 grams
2.Betaine - 2.5g
3.Beta Alanine - 1.6-3.2g
4.Electrolyte Mix
5.BCAA - 45mg/kg BW leucine
6.L-Norvaline - 200mg
7.Caffeine - 200mg
8.L-Orinthine - 2-3g (only really worthwhile for true endurance training)
9.L-tyrosine - 1.5-3g
10.Citruline Malate - 6-8g
11. Choline Bitartrate - 1-2g
12. Alcar - 1-2g

13. Glycerol - I wouldn't use it unless doing true endurance work
14.L-Taurine - 50mg/kg BW

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
why did you leave out L-Argenine? IMO you should add L-Argenine at 5grams

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
why did you leave out L-Argenine? IMO you should add L-Argenine at 5grams
Because countless studies show that oral arginine administration fails to elicit an NO response and has no ergogenic properties.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Because countless studies show that oral arginine administration fails to elicit an NO response and has no ergogenic properties.
I've always got good results when I was making my own pw drinks, I did double up on it though, 10grams or higher... that plus Beta Alanine, gotta love those tingles :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've always got good results when I was making my own pw drinks, I did double up on it though, 10grams or higher... that plus Beta Alanine, gotta love those tingles :)
Heh, indeed. Have you used citrulline?

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2.Betaine - 2.5g
4.Electrolyte Mix
6.L-Norvaline - 200mg
7.Caffeine - 200mg
9.L-tyrosine - 1.5-3g
12. Alcar - 1-2g

Just wondering how these bulk supps would taste without a solid flavoring system . . . I used powder Gatorade when creating my own pre=workout

bigbb123

Awards
Thanks for the input this far guys. I'm not quite sure I trust Agmatine though I must say I know next to nothing about it, havent researched it yet. The goal of this thread is to create the ultimate precworkout concoction instead of the over priced bull we buy that can be easily made from quality bulk supplements. My flavoring system of choice was going to be cytomax or crystal light or just plain old Gatorade like the last poster suggested. What else can or should be added?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why betaine in a pre? I use it for health purposes.. what are its bodybuilding purposes?

SquatOrTwat

SquatOrTwat

Banned
Awards
Why betaine in a pre? I use it for health purposes.. what are its bodybuilding purposes?
It's a digestion aid and usually it's used with meals but if you take it with a preworkout stack it will help break down the compounds faster and have a stronger and faster effect from the preworkout.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It increases exercise performance with mixed data, but preworkout timing is not necessary.
Thanks man.. appreciate it. I use 2g daily to neutralize homocysteine levels.

Mike

uvawahoowa

Awards
2.Betaine - 2.5g
4.Electrolyte Mix
6.L-Norvaline - 200mg
7.Caffeine - 200mg
9.L-tyrosine - 1.5-3g
12. Alcar - 1-2g
What about the addition of gms? What does the choline do?

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
not seeing agmatine in a prework makes me sad. it should really be a staple for any pre-workout, even if you just take agmatine by itself. its good stuff. increased pumps, vascularity.

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
not seeing agmatine in a prework makes me sad. it should really be a staple for any pre-workout, even if you just take agmatine by itself. its good stuff. increased pumps, vascularity.
^^^^this
Agmatine is amazing! I'd throw some d-aspartic acid in there

uvawahoowa

Awards
Agmatine is awesome, but tbh I prefer taking it on an empty stomach 15-30 mins before my pwo meal...for me it has been far more effective

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What about the addition of gms? What does the choline do?
I said don't add it (see glycerol).
Choline boosts brain choline levels, leading to increased ACh synthesis. ACh is the main neurotransmitter at the neuromuscular junction. There is weak evidence that taking choline preworkout increases GH and power output.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
If i remember correctly from a a couple of studies that i came across (dont quote haha), but going along the lines of that mr.cooper was saying... but also that oral L-arginine actually reduced the overall NO levels in the blood?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If i remember correctly from a a couple of studies that i came across (dont quote haha), but going along the lines of that mr.cooper was saying... but also that oral L-arginine actually reduced the overall NO levels in the blood?
One study showed that it reduced performance, but that was an anomaly, as the vast majority show simply no change from placebo.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Gotchaa, well i guess that one study kinda steered me away. haha when i read that study, that's when SNS came out with agmatine :)

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
One study showed that it reduced performance, but that was an anomaly, as the vast majority show simply no change from placebo.
I'll stay away from that study.. placebo or not I like the effects of arginine :)

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine nitrate ftw

uvawahoowa

Awards
Hasn't it been shown exercise induced gh production is higher when arginine is not ingested? Or is that the study you are referring to?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hasn't it been shown exercise induced gh production is higher when arginine is not ingested? Or is that the study you are referring to?
That is another one, actually. But again, an anomaly, as other studies showed simply no change in GH.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the input this far guys. I'm not quite sure I trust Agmatine though I must say I know next to nothing about it, havent researched it yet. The goal of this thread is to create the ultimate precworkout concoction instead of the over priced bull we buy that can be easily made from quality bulk supplements. My flavoring system of choice was going to be cytomax or crystal light or just plain old Gatorade like the last poster suggested. What else can or should be added?
What do u not trust?

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I think acety-l-carnatine would be an awesome addition it has great synergistic effects with cafine and tyrosine. 3g is a good dose.

I've always like creatine di/tri-malate. But creatine is creatine at the end of the day.

rockme

rockme

Awards
Solid concoction you got there, man. I'm the same way. Got sick and tired of these preworkout formulatiions with unknown quantities and artificial ingredients. Currently, I am taking 10 Hemavol tabs preworkout with 5 g creatine monohydrate, 200 mg caffeine in a cheap tablet form, 5 g BCAAs, and 1 g beta alanine.

Tyler_Durden

Tyler_Durden

Awards
Can someone tell me why so many of you guys supplement aminos so heavily. Can't you get all 22 aminos from protein sources?

jonesBones40

jonesBones40

Awards
Can someone tell me why so many of you guys supplement aminos so heavily. Can't you get all 22 aminos from protein sources?
The theory is gettin aminos during a workout or preworkout increases anabolism by ceasing catabolism and hell yeah you can get aminos from food but you aren't gunna be walking around the gym with a steak or eating a big meal preworkout. IMO

bigbb123

Awards
Well bcaas always worked for me intra workout in the past so I can't see the harm and xtend tastes so damn good you can't go wrong.

Ok so I've orderd the following

Xtend
Beta alanine
Creatine mono
Tyrosine
Agmatine
Caffeine
Alcar
Choline
Betaine
Cittruline maleate
Taurine
Hope I'm not forgetting anything and thank you to everyone for the help

bigbb123

Awards
Just an update on this thread for anyone who cares to know. The formula has been working phenomenally for me and who ever reccomded Agmatine, well let me just say that **** is crazy! The pumps are incredible, I've never experienced anything like it from a non hormonal compound. It's weird though I take about a gram 45 min pre workout and half way thru I begin to get a bit shaky and extremely hungry, anyone have a possible explanation for this?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Just an update on this thread for anyone who cares to know. The formula has been working phenomenally for me and who ever reccomded Agmatine, well let me just say that **** is crazy! The pumps are incredible, I've never experienced anything like it from a non hormonal compound. It's weird though I take about a gram 45 min pre workout and half way thru I begin to get a bit shaky and extremely hungry, anyone have a possible explanation for this?
Glad you like the agmatine :). SNS just came out with a 100g powder which will be the cheapest, gram for gram, on the market. Also very high quality as always.

Agmatine also lowers blood sugar (this is a good thing), which is likely what you are experiencing. I take my agmatine with a high carb preworkout meal, rather than immediately preworkout, for this reason. Taking it without a meal, as you are doing, should increase peptide hormone release/GH output.

bigbb123

Awards
Glad you like the agmatine :). SNS just came out with a 100g powder which will be the cheapest, gram for gram, on the market. Also very high quality as always.

Agmatine also lowers blood sugar (this is a good thing), which is likely what you are experiencing. I take my agmatine with a high carb preworkout meal, rather than immediately preworkout, for this reason
I'm almost done with my primaforce stuff so I think I will buy the Sns capsules tommorow, I hate powders tbh. Just a random question mr cooper, I just bought some glycobol, can you recommend a dosing scheme? I'm a bit confused as to how and when it should be taken, the information I have gathers is conflicting at best.