Tmg/betaine

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Wocheezy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    42092
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    92.96%

    Bought 150g of TMG a while back, had it sitting around until I started taking the bottles recommended 2100mg a day with my sns creatine monohydrate and sns DAA about a week ago. Glad to hear there are possibly additional benefits to its supplementation!

  2. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    What about TMG's effects on mood? Any negative sides noted there?
    Likely no effect, but should be positive if anything.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Senior Member
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297851
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    77.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by tnubs View Post
    I was going to buy some more TMG before reading this thread, but this makes me want to buy it even more. I wish nutra had like a 500g bulk powder tub of it.
    I think smart powders has it in bulk.

    To anyone purchasing betaine, make sure you get the anhydrous and not the HCL.

    Br
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    I think smart powders has it in bulk.

    To anyone purchasing betaine, make sure you get the anhydrous and not the HCL.

    Br

    why.. whats the difference. I get mine from sp to.
  5. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,060
    Rep Power
    2742112
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Betaine HCL is for low stomach acid and too much would have a negative effect on your health (stomach).

    TMG (betaine anhydrous) is not the same as betaine HCL
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  6. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh
    Betaine HCL is for low stomach acid and too much would have a negative effect on your health (stomach).

    TMG (betaine anhydrous) is not the same as betaine HCL
    Is this the right kind? http://m.vitacost.com/vitacost-tmg-t...aine-anhydrous
  7. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.77%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Yes, see anhydrous
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  8. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,060
    Rep Power
    2742112
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    26.82%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Yes
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  9. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854640
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Can you please provide your opinion on the other supplements one should take w/ TMG to control homocystein? What are your thoughts on adding supplemental methionine?
  10. Senior Member
    ZiR RED's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,529
    Rep Power
    297851
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    77.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Can you please provide your opinion on the other supplements one should take w/ TMG to control homocystein? What are your thoughts on adding supplemental methionine?
    The question is why are you trying to control or lower homocysteine? Do you have homocysteinemia (elevated Hcy levels)?
    Folate will also reduce Hcy levels.

    Taking extra methionine will actually elevate Hcy. This is how they determine a supplements effects on Hcy...they provide a methionine load after the supplement has been taken and absorbed. Extra dietary Met (that is not used in protein synthesis) eventually is converted to Hcy...
    Met <--> Hcy

    and having too much Met will push the reaction in the Hcy direction.

    Br
  11. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854640
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    The question is why are you trying to control or lower homocysteine? Do you have homocysteinemia (elevated Hcy levels)?
    Folate will also reduce Hcy levels.

    Taking extra methionine will actually elevate Hcy. This is how they determine a supplements effects on Hcy...they provide a methionine load after the supplement has been taken and absorbed. Extra dietary Met (that is not used in protein synthesis) eventually is converted to Hcy...
    Met <--> Hcy

    and having too much Met will push the reaction in the Hcy direction.

    Br
    Thank you – let me provide some additional information.
    I am almost certain I am (very) under-methylated. I believe my histimine levels are very high.

    To address this I will be taking TMG, GABA, P-5-P, Tyrosine,
    Folinic Acid, MethylB12, Creatine, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Zinc, Methionine, and Magnesium. I want to avoid driving my homocysteine up, thus the addition of things like Foliniv Acid, MethylB12, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
  12. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854640
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    The question is why are you trying to control or lower homocysteine? Do you have homocysteinemia (elevated Hcy levels)?
    Folate will also reduce Hcy levels.

    Taking extra methionine will actually elevate Hcy. This is how they determine a supplements effects on Hcy...they provide a methionine load after the supplement has been taken and absorbed. Extra dietary Met (that is not used in protein synthesis) eventually is converted to Hcy...
    Met <--> Hcy

    and having too much Met will push the reaction in the Hcy direction.

    Br
    Thank you Ė let me provide some additional information.
    I am almost certain I am (very) under-methylated. I believe my histimine levels are very high.

    To address this I will be taking TMG, GABA, P-5-P, Tyrosine,
    Folinic Acid, MethylB12, Creatine, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Zinc, Methionine, and Magnesium. I want to avoid driving my homocysteine up, thus the addition of things like Foliniv Acid, MethylB12, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
  13. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Thank you Ė let me provide some additional information.I am almost certain I am (very) under-methylated. I believe my histimine levels are very high.To address this I will be taking TMG, GABA, P-5-P, Tyrosine, Folinic Acid, MethylB12, Creatine, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Zinc, Methionine, and Magnesium. I want to avoid driving my homocysteine up, thus the addition of things like Foliniv Acid, MethylB12, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
    You may want to keep away from chlorogenic acid and glycocyamine as well.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  14. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854640
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You may want to keep away from chlorogenic acid and glycocyamine as well.
    Thank you.

    I know Green Coffe Bean has chlorogenic acid, and I assume regular coffee has it as well. Now then, regular coffee is my one remaining vice (don't drink, smoke, no drugs, etc.). so I may have to just live with some downside - I guess I have to pick my poison.
  15. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Thank you.I know Green Coffe Bean has chlorogenic acid, and I assume regular coffee has it as well. Now then, regular coffee is my one remaining vice (don't drink, smoke, no drugs, etc.). so I may have to just live with some downside - I guess I have to pick my poison.
    Coffee is actually fantastic for health. The elevation in homocysteine may not actually be causative of pathology.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  16. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928437
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Thank you.

    I know Green Coffe Bean has chlorogenic acid, and I assume regular coffee has it as well. Now then, regular coffee is my one remaining vice (don't drink, smoke, no drugs, etc.). so I may have to just live with some downside - I guess I have to pick my poison.
    As with everything in life...anything in excess tends to bring a downside. Like Coop stated, coffee has many positive health benefits.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  17. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854640
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    As with everything in life...anything in excess tends to bring a downside. Like Coop stated, coffee has many positive health benefits.
    I am glad. I appreciate a good cup o' Joe, or two.
  18. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928437
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I agree bubba. It's the whole smell/taste package I love.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  19. Elite Member
    Piston Honda's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,331
    Rep Power
    8589119
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    64.04%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
    I agree bubba. I love smelling and tasting packages.
    Whatever floats your boat!
    BOARD TYRANT
  20. Diamond Member
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,730
    Rep Power
    4928437
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    16.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Name:  9_1Comedian_Rodney_Dangerfield_1987.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  71.8 KB
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Betaine As An Ergogenic Aid
    By JudoJosh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 11:32 PM
  2. Betaine and Betaine Hydrochloride
    By yeahright in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 03:55 PM
  3. Betaine and Prostanazol
    By Pax in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-18-2006, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in