Primaforce vs SNS ALCAR

dfrancin

Awards
I really enjoy a lot of SNS products, however after reading Coop's long post abotu ALCAR, i've decided to give it a try. After seeing my options, I've noticed that the Primaforce one is the best bang for your buck. I know SNS has a lot of high quality stuff, I want to know if the Primaforce ALCAR is just as good in terms of quality.... Also what would be the best protocol for dosing ALCAR and LCLT ? Thanks!

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really enjoy a lot of SNS products, however after reading Coop's long post abotu ALCAR, i've decided to give it a try. After seeing my options, I've noticed that the Primaforce one is the best bang for your buck. I know SNS has a lot of high quality stuff, I want to know if the Primaforce ALCAR is just as good in terms of quality.... Also what would be the best protocol for dosing ALCAR and LCLT ? Thanks!

I havent used ALCAR much but i would generally dose it at 500mgs 3X a day with the LCLT @2g twice a day

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have used both brands and generally find that im pleased more with our brand.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bulk powders - nutra planet over primaforce.... If you want caps get SNS brand.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like dosing 500mg when i get up, and 500mg pre workout. LCLT i'd dose 2g morning then 2g pre workout.

RVAPump

RVAPump

Board Sponsor
Awards
in my experience, and this has much more to do with product quality than the douchebag who runs a certain company...

SNS > PrimaForce

one use of the citrulline malate from the two companies and you'd see why

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
in my experience, and this has much more to do with product quality than the douchebag who runs a certain company...

SNS > PrimaForce

I've noticed the same thing.

pressureSpike

Banned
Awards
Dam I never knew SNS sold bulk CM and COP?!

I only saw PrimaForce was the only company selling it,

in couple weeks im bout to re-up with SNS brand.
Been pleased with SNS Agmatine, Focus and phenibut

is there really a difference tho? that would be crazy,

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sns for all your quality sup needs. cant speak for powders though, I dont like powders, i prefer caps all day long.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards

SNS > PrimaForce

Gonna have to agree with the citrulline malate

Does this have to be taken without food/empty stomach?
Doesn't matter. Empty stomach will yield AMPK benefits, with food will yield benefits for carnitine uptake in the cell.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Gonna have to agree with the citrulline malate

Doesn't matter. Empty stomach will yield AMPK benefits, with food will yield benefits for carnitine uptake in the cell.
Which is more important for fat loss and which is more important for strength gain?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Which is more important for fat loss and which is more important for strength gain?
AMPK stimulation and muscle carnitine increases should both boost fat loss (neither should impart a gain in strength). However, stimulation AMPK is FAR more feasible than boosting muscle carnitine with a carnitine salt other than PLCAR. Thus, empty stomach dosing may be your best bet, though the actual physiological effects of doing so may be mild or insignificant.

dfrancin

Awards
2-4g/day, away from bed typically.
Hey Coop, I went ahead and bought two bottles of SNS ALCAR, now how does dosing 2g of ALCAR with 2g of LCLT Pre-wo sound? Also should i start with 2g right away or maybe start with 1g and work up ? Thx

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Hey Coop, I went ahead and bought two bottles of SNS ALCAR, now how does dosing 2g of ALCAR with 2g of LCLT Pre-wo sound? Also should i start with 2g right away or maybe start with 1g and work up ? Thx
I'm doing 2/2 right now, it's great. You can start with 2g right away.

boogyman

Awards
My Alcar(SNS) and Focusxt came today, gonna start tomorrow. Gonna do Focus early morning pre workout, and 1 gram Alcar early afternoon. On non training days I will replace the Focus with a gram of Alcar. Assuming everything is all good, is there anything else anyone would recommend adding to this "mind stack"?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
My Alcar(SNS) and Focusxt came today, gonna start tomorrow. Gonna do Focus early morning pre workout, and 1 gram Alcar early afternoon. On non training days I will replace the Focus with a gram of Alcar. Assuming everything is all good, is there anything else anyone would recommend adding to this "mind stack"?
Your plan of attack sounds great. You have all your bases covered, but if improved cognition and memory are your goals, you should add aniracetam.

boogyman

Awards
Maybe next month I'll try it out, based on how everything goes. How should the aniracetam be dosed?

The reason I have been asking all these questions the past couple weeks is I never knew about nootropics before, and I have always had problems with memory and concentration. Misplacing objects for instance, or looking for a single object on a table full of things, I sometimes need to scan 2-3 times before I find what I am looking for. Forgetting numbers that I had just looked at. There are other things that are harder to explain, I always felt like this behavior has been holding me back. Sometimes lack of focus effects my workouts as well. If there are ways to improve upon this even a little it will be well worth it. Some of these things I have been reading about almost sound custom made for me lol.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Maybe next month I'll try it out, based on how everything goes. How should the aniracetam be dosed?

The reason I have been asking all these questions the past couple weeks is I never knew about nootropics before, and I have always had problems with memory and concentration. Misplacing objects for instance, or looking for a single object on a table full of things, I sometimes need to scan 2-3 times before I find what I am looking for. Forgetting numbers that I had just looked at. There are other things that are harder to explain, I always felt like this behavior has been holding me back. Sometimes lack of focus effects my workouts as well. If there are ways to improve upon this even a little it will be well worth it. Some of these things I have been reading about almost sound custom made for me lol.
750mg-1.5g daily.

D3Baseball

Awards

Don't get your expectations too high. You'll have to do some experimenting and I suggest not going "kitchen sink" all at once. Try to observe how things work by themselves so you know what is what.

Also be aware when looking at user reviews that placebo runs rampant with this stuff, and even moreso when the great nootropic caffeine is involved. Research is sparse in healthy humans.

I have attention problems and I'd call the effects of just about everything on the market that is not a stimulant modest at best. Can't comment on any non-pira racetam, but I'm dubious.

boogyman

Awards
I have been fairly immune to the placebo effect, so I am not worried about that. I remember first trying RPM, 2 of my friends raved about how great it was. I bought a bottle and ran it out (it was a big bottle too, 240 caps I think), and other than the stim effect it really did not do much for me. As for experimenting , thats what I am doing. I have been looking for a preworkout thats more than just "stim", and FocusXT seems to have what I am looking for. In doing research for that I came across ALCAR, and I am going to try it for a couple months to see what effects it has. The good thing about it is its fairly inexpensive.

D3Baseball

Awards
Focus XT is well formulated. If it doesn't work, there is a good chance not much will. Focus XT plus a racetam will be about as good as it gets, as far as the limited research and anecdote can tell us.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aniracetam is the real deal, no question. It has more of a recall and focus strength, but I found (and many others have) that it is far superior to anything else for anxiety. That in itself is what helps the focus- having the calm mind and being able to compartmentalize things.

I stopped taking extra choline because I was getting headaches and now just take 750mg with 500mg alcar and 120mg of Rhodiola in the morning and again at about 2pm.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They should be the same. But nobody really knows without lab tests. Go with the company you trust the most.
I totally noticed a difference in quality. So did my brother who actually brought it up to me first.

allieninja

allieninja

Awards
I ordered a different Primaforce product once that didn't work. A few others on another board had the same problem as well. A thread was started, no action was taken by the Primaforce team. This went on for several months. So as far as I'm concerned I'm done with purchasing anything from their line. SNS, however, has been nothing but helpful to me over the years, and provide good quality, effective products.

boogyman

Awards
I never used anything from Primaforce, but I have used a few SNS products, and they all have been quality. The reps are also very helpful.

Slightly off topic, how good is the nutraplanet bulk stuff? I was thinking of trying the bulk Cissus powder as its really inexpensive and had good reviews, and the Na-R-ALA powder.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I never used anything from Primaforce, but I have used a few SNS products, and they all have been quality. The reps are also very helpful.

Slightly off topic, how good is the nutraplanet bulk stuff? I was thinking of trying the bulk Cissus powder as its really inexpensive and had good reviews, and the Na-R-ALA powder.
Can't speak to the cissus (although I can say that SNS brand is now shipping to nutra :D), but the Na-R-ALA powder is top-notch.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established

SNS > PrimaForce

Agreed. The difference in the citmal was incredible.

Reactions: mw1

pressureSpike

Banned
Awards
I just bought SNS Cit Mal & COP

I will compare it to Primaforce since all I been taking for months has been Primaforce.

Ill let u know if I feel anything different.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
let us know, we're stepping up out game, big things comming from sns!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I just bought SNS Cit Mal & COP

I will compare it to Primaforce since all I been taking for months has been Primaforce.

Ill let u know if I feel anything different.
I'm particularly interested on your thoughts with respect to the citrulline malate. The feedback we've been getting is outstanding

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have used both brands and generally find that im pleased more with our brand.
I've used both and have to agree with this. I'm also excited about the cissus, my joints will be happy for that.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established