Advice on creatine

505dynasty

505dynasty

Awards
Looking for some advice on creatine. How much should I be taking and is there a difference between all the different brands our are they pretty much the same. Thanks for any advice given.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Age and weight please? So as to help with the dosage...And the difference...none, creatine is creatine , be it Mono or Cop or Buffered Creatine (Kre-alkalin and those other ones) or MCC...ALL cause an initial bloat no matter how much they claim it doesn't...ALL help in developing strength and them all increase water INTRA-cellular water retention. There's many brands, I like German Creatine from AX , Creatrona by Finaflex...take a pick, I like mono because its the most studied one, known , and (for me at least) effective...

Last edited:
505dynasty

505dynasty

Awards
I'm 32 years old and whey 220 pounds. I'm currently using con-cr?t

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
220lbs , if you do mono you could go for a loading phase (Not really needed but people do like to load up) of 1 week with around 18-20 grams of Creatine a day , and then just 5-6g a day...any time of the day is fine , pre or post workout , with or without a meal , doesn't matter...And if you go con-cret then pay a lot for concentrated creatine hehe , and just use their microdosage that says right there.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Age and weight please? So as to help with the dosage...And the difference...none, creatine is creatine , be it Mono or Cop or Buffered Creatine (Kre-alkalin and those other ones) or MCC...ALL cause an initial bloat no matter how much they claim it doesn't...ALL help in developing strength and them all increase water INTRA-cellular water retention. There's many brands, I like German Creatine from AX , theres COP by SNS , Creatrona by Finaflex...take a pick, I like mono because its the most studied one, known , and (for me at least) effective...
COP is not creatine.

Just go with a solid Creatine Monohydrate like Creapure brand. More expensive types of creatine may offer extra benefits, but all will eventually just maintain levels once saturation is achieved.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
COP is not creatine.

Just go with a solid Creatine Monohydrate like Creapure brand. More expensive types of creatine may offer extra benefits, but all will eventually just maintain levels once saturation is achieved.
http://blog.bodybuilding.com/deserusan/2008/10/16/creatinol-o-phosphate-is-not-creatine/

True COP is NOT Creatine , meant to say CO , as in Creatine Orotate , the Tri creatine orotic acid compound....but my idiotic fingers and morning brain didn't play nice this morning lol...Don't worry he wasn't even looking haha, and I did offer him the same Mono advice so no harm done :)

LITERaCOLA

Awards
just get a decent monohydrate and drink a gallon of water a day

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://blog.bodybuilding.com/deserusan/2008/10/16/creatinol-o-phosphate-is-not-creatine/

True COP is NOT Creatine , meant to say CO , as in Creatine Orotate , the Tri creatine orotic acid compound....but my idiotic fingers and morning brain didn't play nice this morning lol...Don't worry he wasn't even looking haha, and I did offer him the same Mono advice so no harm done :)
Ya its not a big deal. Creatine Orotate, MCC and Trinitine are the more expensive creatine types I personally like. Clout is incredible. :cool:

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Ya its not a big deal. Creatine Orotate, MCC and Trinitine are the more expensive creatine types I personally like. Clout is incredible. :cool:
Gotta admit it , Clout sets the bar high for other creatines , I give yah props on that one haha , But for someone starting he won't feel the diff with just good old mono.

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
Beast nutrition creature is good stuff. It's expensive but it tastes awesome.

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Good ol creatine monohydrate plain jane. Dont load, or at least i wouldnt. 5-7 g a day. The only other creatine i believe in is creatine nitrate.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Gotta admit it , Clout sets the bar high for other creatines , I give yah props on that one haha , But for someone starting he won't feel the diff with just good old mono.
What makes it so special?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
What makes it so special?
The formula is well round , it comes with Orotine (Tri-Creatine and orotic acid in a ratio of 3:1) and also it packs a good amount of Beta Alanine , throw in ALCAR HCL for focus , and also pure Orotic Acid...things REALLY good...massive pumps with Clout , Citrulline Malate and Agmatine haha

uvawahoowa

Awards
The formula is well round , it comes with Orotine (Tri-Creatine and orotic acid in a ratio of 3:1) and also it packs a good amount of Beta Alanine , throw in ALCAR HCL for focus , and also pure Orotic Acid...things REALLY good...massive pumps with Clout , Citrulline Malate and Agmatine haha
Hmm there is a deal for a stack of clout and body octane that runs out tonight...will have to.check into it

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I didn't like body octane idk why :/...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
BO is pretty decent, im trying out aps creatine nitrate soon but use sns mcc and have cbol after that...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking for some advice on creatine. How much should I be taking and is there a difference between all the different brands our are they pretty much the same. Thanks for any advice given.

5g/day time doesnt matter unless you are using creatine nitrate for a pump. clout, cbol, creapure are the best IMO

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
220lbs , if you do mono you could go for a loading phase (Not really needed but people do like to load up) of 1 week with around 18-20 grams of Creatine a day , and then just 5-6g a day...any time of the day is fine , pre or post workout , with or without a meal , doesn't matter...And if you go con-cret then pay a lot for concentrated creatine hehe , and just use their microdosage that says right there.
no need to load.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
5g/day time doesnt matter unless you are using creatine nitrate for a pump. clout, cbol, creapure are the best IMO
i honestly believe that once full saturation is present you could reduce down to 3g's e/d, but cant go wrong with this either ^^^^^^

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I believe it can be diet dependent as well. Also, you training may cause different responses for better or worse.

IMO all Creatine Ethyl Esters (CEE) arent worth it. Ill just get that out of the way. Monohydrate is always a solid option no matter the situation just be aware of the loading phase and the water bloat that usually follows. Go with whatever brand is cheap and reliable no need to go crazy on monohydrate.

COP is completely different. Don't know much on the topic, seems like a good option. If youre having a substantial carbohydrate intake then you could consider the use of a creatine phosphate - ready to go energy with no bloat and sits well in the cytoplasm of the cells. Must note that it requires some help entering the cell so take it with your carb meals. Kre-alkalyn I prefer on low carb diets and take them pre/post workout regardless of my meal schedule. But do not require a loading phase and physically give me a good response. I switch between NeoVar and Lebrada Kre-alkalyn pending my diet.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i honestly believe that once full saturation is present you could reduce down to 3g's e/d, but cant go wrong with this either ^^^^^^
ya my loading phase is 5g for about 2 weeks then i drop it to 3 - 4. i dont have a scale so its hard for me to measure but i try

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe it can be diet dependent as well. Also, you training may cause different responses for better or worse.

IMO all Creatine Ethyl Esters (CEE) arent worth it. Ill just get that out of the way. Monohydrate is always a solid option no matter the situation just be aware of the loading phase and the water bloat that usually follows. Go with whatever brand is cheap and reliable no need to go crazy on monohydrate.

COP is completely different. Don't know much on the topic, seems like a good option. If youre having a substantial carbohydrate intake then you could consider the use of a creatine phosphate - ready to go energy with no bloat and sits well in the cytoplasm of the cells. Must note that it requires some help entering the cell so take it with your carb meals. Kre-alkalyn I prefer on low carb diets and take them pre/post workout regardless of my meal schedule. But do not require a loading phase and physically give me a good response. I switch between NeoVar and Lebrada Kre-alkalyn pending my diet.
see, alot of people say CEE is crap but the only time i took it (primaforce i think) i really liked it. gained 4 pounds off of one bottle. im not saying its from CEE, but it did happen while i was on it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
see, alot of people say CEE is crap but the only time i took it (primaforce i think) i really liked it. gained 4 pounds off of one bottle. im not saying its from CEE, but it did happen while i was on it.
It wasn't, I promise :).

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
ya my loading phase is 5g for about 2 weeks then i drop it to 3 - 4. i dont have a scale so its hard for me to measure but i try
It didn't come with a scoop? And I live by my food scale.

On CEE: in my experience and from the references I've had personally the benefits, if any at all, were not comparable to that of other forms of creatine supplementation. In your case that's a significant increase and IMO an anomaly. Perhaps my research is incomplete.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is creatine...

However,

I love MCC(Magnesium Chelated Creatine).

I take my dose of SNS MCC literally right before bed, as the Magnesium provides sleep benefits.

It's a 2 for 1 type of deal. Creatine+Sleep Aid.