Creatine

a308

Awards
Hey just wondering if it's worth taking Creatine & when the best time to take it

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
Hey just wondering if it's worth taking Creatine & when the best time to take it
Yes creatine is always good to take....it's cheap and effective...5grams post workout is good...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're resistance training, then creatine should be a STAPLE in your supplement regime, IMO. You can use it pre, post, or pre AND post-training. 2-3 grams a day is adequate enough. Whether you load or not is entirely up to you - loading just allows your body to reach its creatine muscle threshold faster. There is no need to load IMO and if you just dose 2-3 grams a day you will reach your creatine muscle threshold in ~3 weeks.

~Rosie~

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with a former post. 5 grams post workout. People say at any-time during the day. I disagree. I have tried every which way possible and till this day I still believe post workout is optimal!

wanaBJacked

defiantly take right after a workout. A lot of preworkouts have creatine in them so check the labels if you're taking a pre. Not all creatines are the same, some make you bloat like monohydrate...Con-crete on the other hand doesn't have that effect as much. make sure you drink at least a gallon of water a day, because even though it's rare, you can get kidney stones.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
If you're resistance training, then creatine should be a STAPLE in your supplement regime, IMO. You can use it pre, post, or pre AND post-training. 2-3 grams a day is adequate enough. Whether you load or not is entirely up to you - loading just allows your body to reach its creatine muscle threshold faster. There is no need to load IMO and if you just dose 2-3 grams a day you will reach your creatine muscle threshold in ~3 weeks.

~Rosie~
great post

defiantly take right after a workout. A lot of preworkouts have creatine in them so check the labels if you're taking a pre. Not all creatines are the same, some make you bloat like monohydrate...Con-crete on the other hand doesn't have that effect as much. make sure you drink at least a gallon of water a day, because even though it's rare, you can get kidney stones.
Stop making these posts about Con-Cret. Are you a shill?

been seeing a lot of creatine posts lately. Look into con-cret it's a creatine hcl and it works fantastic. great ratings too
What worked pretty good for me pre workout was Assault. It has one of the highest rated creatines in it Con-Cret, look it up, I havn't met anyone that didn't get solid results from Con-Cret. I am the only person I know of who just didn't take well to Jack3d. If Jack3d works well for you then I say get con-cret pills, if not then try Assault.
Monohydrate is perfectly fine OP. Even if wanabjacked isn't a shill, the advice is misleading.

wanaBJacked

Your only argument was that it was overpriced...By like 10 dollars.....if 10 dollars is a huge issue get a new job.
ok sure sooooooo much more expensive but it's a solid creatine product and I firmly believe in creatine hcl.
A lot of the proteins that have creatine in it is monohydrate and they make the claims that you can gain 10 or 15 lbs, which can be true but it's party due to the monohydrate holding in more water. monohydrate makes you bloat more so when you get off it you're more likely to lose weight.
You also don't have to load conc-cret or cycle it but in my opinion you don't need to cycle any creatine. I used monohydrate and made some good gaines but did lose weight after wards. with con cret I didn't lose weight.

No I am not a shill if I was I'd have more posts than this and would be against ph's saying you only need a solid creatine product to make gains...which is true if you're under 21 but I'm pro steroids and I think they should be legal if you just are regularly checked by a doctor

My advice is not misleading it's just my opinion. obviously you have an opinion on which product works.....so do I

on my statement about preworkouts having creatine in them I was mentioning that saying you doint have to take your preworkout and a creatine supplement right before yourworkout. you'd probablly hit the ****ter mid workout.
great post

Stop making these posts about Con-Cret. Are you a shill?

Monohydrate is perfectly fine OP. Even if wanabjacked isn't a shill, the advice is misleading.

wanaBJacked

If I was trying to make you wast your money I'd suggest cell tech. if you've never taken it before almost any creatine product will probably be like a miracle to you because your body will have more ATP meaning ability to lift harder longer.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Your only argument was that it was overpriced...By like 10 dollars.....if 10 dollars is a huge issue get a new job.
ok sure sooooooo much more expensive but it's a solid creatine product and I firmly believe in creatine hcl.
A lot of the proteins that have creatine in it is monohydrate and they make the claims that you can gain 10 or 15 lbs, which can be true but it's party due to the monohydrate holding in more water. monohydrate makes you bloat more so when you get off it you're more likely to lose weight.
You also don't have to load conc-cret or cycle it but in my opinion you don't need to cycle any creatine. I used monohydrate and made some good gaines but did lose weight after wards. with con cret I didn't lose weight.

No I am not a shill if I was I'd have more posts than this and would be against ph's saying you only need a solid creatine product to make gains...which is true if you're under 21 but I'm pro steroids and I think they should be legal if you just are regularly checked by a doctor

My advice is not misleading it's just my opinion. obviously you have an opinion on which product works.....so do I

on my statement about preworkouts having creatine in them I was mentioning that saying you doint have to take your preworkout and a creatine supplement right before yourworkout. you'd probablly hit the ****ter mid workout.
You don't need to load or cycle ANY creatine. ALL creatines will cause intramuscular water retention

Your advice is indeed your opinion. Try to stick to the facts. Research is your friend. If you're not a shill, my apologies.

wanaBJacked

yes all creatine does cause water retention but con-cret didn't hold as much "for me". and you're right you don't need to load creatine but if you want results faster load. faster meaning days. I did do research and I guess you can say i did my own experiment by taking it and I only lost a lb when I stopped taking it compared to 4 or 5. strength gains where around the same but i just prefer hcl because I didn't lose size when I stopped.
I'm not a shill apology accepted
You don't need to load or cycle ANY creatine. ALL creatines will cause intramuscular water retention

Your advice is indeed your opinion. Try to stick to the facts. Research is your friend. If you're not a shill, my apologies.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Were you dosing monohydrate at 2-3 grams a day as Rosie suggested?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I remember when I was 16 and thought creatine was such a "hardcore" supplement..sigh.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
I remember when I was 16 and thought creatine was such a "hardcore" supplement..sigh.
Don't worry my friend. We all did. It was a glorious feeling.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Do you think its a good idea to take creatine and erase together? Isnt erase supposed to dry you out and creatine pretty much fills you with water right?

TonyGT

TonyGT

Awards
  • Established
Do you think its a good idea to take creatine and erase together? Isnt erase supposed to dry you out and creatine pretty much fills you with water right?
It's totally fine. I've ran erase many times with creatine. No negatives from it at all.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Currently using 2 caps of Erase daily with 2-2.5 grams of Creapure daily with no problems. You'll dry up a bit on erase and lose some water, but nothing major. No loss in strength, energy levels or endurance either.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine dosage timing is irrelevant after a month or so. We're working with saturation here.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Currently using 2 caps of Erase daily with 2-2.5 grams of Creapure daily with no problems. You'll dry up a bit on erase and lose some water, but nothing major. No loss in strength, energy levels or endurance either.
Creatine increases intramuscular water retention. Erase makes you lose subcutaneous water not intramuscular.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Creatine dosage timing is irrelevant after a month or so. We're working with saturation here.
Agreed, unless the creatine product contains ingredients to enhance workout, such as Green MAG, would be advised to take it preworkout.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Actually, while we're on this subject, I tend to bloat on creatine mono, but it's not that bad if I use creapure at around 2-2.5 grams. I'm thinking of trying MCC once my Creapure runs out. What dosage of MCC would be the equivalent of 2-2.5g of Creapure?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Creatine increases intramuscular water retention. Erase makes you lose subcutaneous water not intramuscular.
Good post and I agree. This is actually what I was trying to get at, but was too lazy to type it all out. Not much of a morning person.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Actually, while we're on this subject, I tend to bloat on creatine mono, but it's not that bad if I use creapure at around 2-2.5 grams. I'm thinking of trying MCC once my Creapure runs out. What dosage of MCC would be the equivalent of 2-2.5g of Creapure?
Mono = creapure ;)

The reason you bloat is because exceeding a certain, low dose (about 2.5g at your BW) can cause extracellular water retention.

MCC has a different means of uptake in the enterocyte and can also circumvent the bloating issue. You'd need about 2g MCC a day.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

Lol...so much negs after reading this...

demolition

demolition

Awards
Agreed, unless the creatine product contains ingredients to enhance workout, such as Green MAG, would be advised to take it preworkout.
Love me some green mag, just picked up the lemon, all be trying it in a few weeks after my apple is gone.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Mono = creapure ;)

The reason you bloat is because exceeding a certain, low dose (about 2.5g at your BW) can cause extracellular water retention.

MCC has a different means of uptake in the enterocyte and can also circumvent the bloating issue. You'd need about 2g MCC a day.

Thanks! So about 3 caps of SNS MCC should be enough then. Will look into that as soon as I'm done with my Creapure to change it up a bit. With regards to bloating, I noticed I bloated more with regular creatine mono. When I use Creapure CM vs regular CM i tend not to have the same issue. For both I only use 2-2.5g daily at the most. A friend of mine has the exact same problem.

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
so does creatine need water or carbs to function? erase pro +creatine +low carb diet should be fine? i

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
so does creatine need water or carbs to function? erase pro +creatine +low carb diet should be fine? i
You'll be fine even in that setup, just make sure to drink at least a gallon of water a day anyway

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Just remember to stay properly hydrated as that is the most important thing.

uvawahoowa

Awards
So would erase make sense precontest (bodybuilding) to dry out more?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Thanks! So about 3 caps of SNS MCC should be enough then. Will look into that as soon as I'm done with my Creapure to change it up a bit. With regards to bloating, I noticed I bloated more with regular creatine mono. When I use Creapure CM vs regular CM i tend not to have the same issue. For both I only use 2-2.5g daily at the most. A friend of mine has the exact same problem.
Would kre all be a good idea to switch to precontest? To avoid any type of intracellular water and keep the water in the muscle?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Would kre all be a good idea to switch to precontest? To avoid any type of intracellular water and keep the water in the muscle?
I think most would recommend Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Creatine Nitrate, or Creatine Ororate if bloating or water retention is a real concern. I have not used any of these before, but I am going to get around to trying them as soon as I am finished with my kilo of Creapure as I have heard great things about all 3 of these kinds of creatine.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing wrong with stacking creatine and Erase. And as already mentioned, creatine causes INTRAcellular water retention and Erase decreases EXTRAcellular water retention, so there is NO conflict. Just to note that if you don't know what either does, then I recommend that you make yourself aware.

~Rosie~

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
I woudl do half before workotu and half after and on non workotu days just take it all at oen time. when dosent really matter
I take my ASGT pre-WO then postal or creatine mono Post-WO

LITERaCOLA

Awards
Creatine monohydrate is the best. It's the most researched and studied because it is the best. All these "new and better" formulas are for people to get sucked into what it really is, a scam. dont fall for the marketing scams