Custom Pre-workout help

Curlyfri3z

Awards
Thinking about just buying some bulk powders and mixing them together so I can save some money.

Agmantine 1g
Citrulline Malate 5g
Beta Alanine 5g
PEA 1g
Caffeine 100mg
LCLT 1g

I've never tried anything like this so if this looks like a horrible idea let me know lol Should I add anything else or change the dosages? Appreciate any input, thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Pass on the PEA. Up the LCLT to 2-3 grams. Caffeine is good or can go up to 200mg. Make citrulline malate 6-8g and I highly recommend SNS brand. No need to take BA preworkout, and I'd split up your doses and aim for around 3.2-4g a day.

Curlyfri3z

Awards
Is there any reason why you would pass on the PEA? And yeah, I was actually looking at SNS for most of this stuff. :)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is there any reason why you would pass on the PEA? And yeah, I was actually looking at SNS for most of this stuff. :)
Short half-life. It will produce euphoric effects and make you feel "high,"...not something you want preworkout IMO.

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
Pass on the PEA. Up the LCLT to 2-3 grams. Caffeine is good or can go up to 200mg. Make citrulline malate 6-8g and I highly recommend SNS brand. No need to take BA preworkout, and I'd split up your doses and aim for around 3.2-4g a day.
Why do you recommend taking out beta preworkout? Ive dosed 2g pre and post and noticed ive been able to push out a few more reps without muscle soreness/cramps and faster recovery.

Curlyfri3z

Awards
Gotcha. I've never taken just PEA, but I've tried Craze and really like it. From Craze I got a a feeling of pure focus on my workouts. I've read it's because of the PEA that's in it. That's really the only reason I added it to the mix. Obviously there's a bunch of other stuff in it... You think if combined with the caffeine I might somewhat get the same effect?

boomhauer

Awards
I like 200 mg caffeine and 6-8g citrulline malate as stated above. Also some form of tyrosine wouldn't hurt. Not necessary though. And you may want to mix in some crystal light for flavoring if you'd like. This is definitely better and cheaper then any other pre-workout you could buy IMO.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Why do you recommend taking out beta preworkout? Ive dosed 2g pre and post and noticed ive been able to push out a few more reps without muscle soreness/cramps and faster recovery.
That would be placebo. Carnosine increases take several weeks to months to manifest themselves physiologically. The beta-alanine is working, but not because you are taking it periworkout.

Curlyfri3z

Awards
I like 200 mg caffeine and 6-8g citrulline malate as stated above. Also some form of tyrosine wouldn't hurt. Not necessary though. And you may want to mix in some crystal light for flavoring if you'd like. This is definitely better and cheaper then any other pre-workout you could buy IMO.
I was wondering if taste was going to be an issue lol It's all good I'll take it down if it saves me a few bucks. Already have some Crystal light. ;)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Gotcha. I've never taken just PEA, but I've tried Craze and really like it. From Craze I got a a feeling of pure focus on my workouts. I've read it's because of the PEA that's in it. That's really the only reason I added it to the mix. Obviously there's a bunch of other stuff in it... You think if combined with the caffeine I might somewhat get the same effect?
Craze's effects are not derived from b-PEA. Trust me, you can try 1.5-2g pea on an empty stomach when you are watching TV and see what happens.

thestein1016

thestein1016

Awards
  • Established
That would be placebo. Carnosine increases take several weeks to months to manifest themselves physiologically. The beta-alanine is working, but not because you are taking it periworkout.
Interesting. Ive been taking beta for almost 8 months pre and post. I guess its the build up.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
I personally like PLCAR + ALCAR in a preworkout context, I dose them together in doses around ~1g apiece.

Also, as Coop suggested, Serious Nutrition Solutions Citrulline Malate has been a real eye-opener for me; I've yet to try a supplement I've been so impressed with, and it's worked significantly better than other bulk brands of CM that I've tried. Simply astounding.

Curlyfri3z

Awards
Craze's effects are not derived from b-PEA. Trust me, you can try 1.5-2g pea on an empty stomach when you are watching TV and see what happens.
I'll take your word for it lol I figured the stuff in their prop blend was something else. I really wish I could find something that could give me the focus that I get from Craze but more cost effective.

I personally like PLCAR + ALCAR in a preworkout context, I dose them together in doses around ~1g apiece.

Also, as Coop suggested, Serious Nutrition Solutions Citrulline Malate has been a real eye-opener for me; I've yet to try a supplement I've been so impressed with, and it's worked significantly better than other bulk brands of CM that I've tried. Simply astounding.
I've read a few posts of people who use PLCAR + ALCAR. I don't think I've ever taken a pre-workout with them though, so I don't know how it would affect me. Definitely worth looking into. What kind of feeling do you get with them? Do you mix these with anything else?

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agree with everything there. Especially the LCLT at 2 grams. Also one other suggestion could look into using COP also love what i get out of it.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Any benefit from adding something like creating nitrate in a pre workout coop?

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Maybe add some aminos to the mix.