Custom Pre-workout help

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Question Custom Pre-workout help

Thinking about just buying some bulk powders and mixing them together so I can save some money.

Agmantine 1g
    Citrulline Malate 5g
    Beta Alanine 5g
    PEA 1g
    Caffeine 100mg
    LCLT 1g

I've never tried anything like this so if this looks like a horrible idea let me know lol Should I add anything else or change the dosages? Appreciate any input, thanks!

2. Registered User

Pass on the PEA. Up the LCLT to 2-3 grams. Caffeine is good or can go up to 200mg. Make citrulline malate 6-8g and I highly recommend SNS brand. No need to take BA preworkout, and I'd split up your doses and aim for around 3.2-4g a day.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Is there any reason why you would pass on the PEA? And yeah, I was actually looking at SNS for most of this stuff.
    •   

4. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyfri3z View Post
    Is there any reason why you would pass on the PEA? And yeah, I was actually looking at SNS for most of this stuff.
    Short half-life. It will produce euphoric effects and make you feel "high,"...not something you want preworkout IMO.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Pass on the PEA. Up the LCLT to 2-3 grams. Caffeine is good or can go up to 200mg. Make citrulline malate 6-8g and I highly recommend SNS brand. No need to take BA preworkout, and I'd split up your doses and aim for around 3.2-4g a day.
    Why do you recommend taking out beta preworkout? Ive dosed 2g pre and post and noticed ive been able to push out a few more reps without muscle soreness/cramps and faster recovery.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Gotcha. I've never taken just PEA, but I've tried Craze and really like it. From Craze I got a a feeling of pure focus on my workouts. I've read it's because of the PEA that's in it. That's really the only reason I added it to the mix. Obviously there's a bunch of other stuff in it... You think if combined with the caffeine I might somewhat get the same effect?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  160 lbs.

I like 200 mg caffeine and 6-8g citrulline malate as stated above. Also some form of tyrosine wouldn't hurt. Not necessary though. And you may want to mix in some crystal light for flavoring if you'd like. This is definitely better and cheaper then any other pre-workout you could buy IMO.
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thestein1016 View Post
    Why do you recommend taking out beta preworkout? Ive dosed 2g pre and post and noticed ive been able to push out a few more reps without muscle soreness/cramps and faster recovery.
    That would be placebo. Carnosine increases take several weeks to months to manifest themselves physiologically. The beta-alanine is working, but not because you are taking it periworkout.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by boomhauer View Post
    I like 200 mg caffeine and 6-8g citrulline malate as stated above. Also some form of tyrosine wouldn't hurt. Not necessary though. And you may want to mix in some crystal light for flavoring if you'd like. This is definitely better and cheaper then any other pre-workout you could buy IMO.
    I was wondering if taste was going to be an issue lol It's all good I'll take it down if it saves me a few bucks. Already have some Crystal light.
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyfri3z View Post
    Gotcha. I've never taken just PEA, but I've tried Craze and really like it. From Craze I got a a feeling of pure focus on my workouts. I've read it's because of the PEA that's in it. That's really the only reason I added it to the mix. Obviously there's a bunch of other stuff in it... You think if combined with the caffeine I might somewhat get the same effect?
    Craze's effects are not derived from b-PEA. Trust me, you can try 1.5-2g pea on an empty stomach when you are watching TV and see what happens.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

That would be placebo. Carnosine increases take several weeks to months to manifest themselves physiologically. The beta-alanine is working, but not because you are taking it periworkout.
    Interesting. Ive been taking beta for almost 8 months pre and post. I guess its the build up.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

I personally like PLCAR + ALCAR in a preworkout context, I dose them together in doses around ~1g apiece.

Also, as Coop suggested, Serious Nutrition Solutions Citrulline Malate has been a real eye-opener for me; I've yet to try a supplement I've been so impressed with, and it's worked significantly better than other bulk brands of CM that I've tried. Simply astounding.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Craze's effects are not derived from b-PEA. Trust me, you can try 1.5-2g pea on an empty stomach when you are watching TV and see what happens.
    I'll take your word for it lol I figured the stuff in their prop blend was something else. I really wish I could find something that could give me the focus that I get from Craze but more cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    I personally like PLCAR + ALCAR in a preworkout context, I dose them together in doses around ~1g apiece.

Also, as Coop suggested, Serious Nutrition Solutions Citrulline Malate has been a real eye-opener for me; I've yet to try a supplement I've been so impressed with, and it's worked significantly better than other bulk brands of CM that I've tried. Simply astounding.
    I've read a few posts of people who use PLCAR + ALCAR. I don't think I've ever taken a pre-workout with them though, so I don't know how it would affect me. Definitely worth looking into. What kind of feeling do you get with them? Do you mix these with anything else?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.

Agree with everything there. Especially the LCLT at 2 grams. Also one other suggestion could look into using COP also love what i get out of it.
    PES Representative
  15. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Any benefit from adding something like creating nitrate in a pre workout coop?
  16. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Maybe add some aminos to the mix.
  17. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jim2542 View Post
    Any benefit from adding something like creating nitrate in a pre workout coop?
    Definitely, if you can find bulk (good luck).
  18. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Definitely, if you can find bulk (good luck).
    Lol point taken.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Custom pre workout powder form.
    By flightposite in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 10:27 AM
  2. New Custom Gel for 4AD
    By raylewis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2004, 04:30 PM