Pre workout and antibiotics?

CaliLifting

CaliLifting

Awards
Hey guys I was prescribed clindamycin for step throat. I took 4 days off of the gym and will have about 6 days left of the medication. I want to go back into the gym, I was wondering if my Pre workout "craze" would have any effect towards my antibiotics? I read up that antibiotics don't effect any gains but I want to know if my Pre workout will mess with the antibiotics. If you guys have any info on it please let me know. Thanks

GodofWine

GodofWine

Awards
Probably won't do any harm, but would it kill you to just skip the craze for a couple workouts? Just to err on the side of caution?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt chance it, strep is serious. Supplements can minimize the effectiveness of antibiotics. JMO

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I agree, 6 days is not too long when it comes to taking a chance on your health. better to hold off

CaliLifting

CaliLifting

Awards
I'm also on a probiotic twice a day called florastor. I'm not taking any heavy Supps and have been resting pretty good. Will the probiotics speed up the healing process?

ottonis

Awards
I would not go to the gym while on antibiotics. Not because of the antibiotics but because of the underlying infection. Quite some professional athletes got serious cardial complications just because they didn't want to pause training till fully recovered from being sick.

Hey guys I was prescribed clindamycin for step throat. I took 4 days off of the gym and will have about 6 days left of the medication. I want to go back into the gym, I was wondering if my Pre workout "craze" would have any effect towards my antibiotics? I read up that antibiotics don't effect any gains but I want to know if my Pre workout will mess with the antibiotics. If you guys have any info on it please let me know. Thanks