Synthetic Supplements Agmatine Sulfate

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I ordered a few bottles from the intro sale last week. I was also lucky enough to win a free bottle as part of the promo from PES/Synthetic Supplements. Thank you guys!

Staple Supplements: 200mg Caffeine, 2-2.5g Creapure, 10g Fish Oil, ZMA, 100mg 5-htp, 2g NAC, 200mg Na-Rala, Vitamin C, Multivitamin

Other Supplements: I have been running PES Erase for 21 days (3 caps for first 6 days, 2 caps daily there after), and NOW Mucuna DOPA for the last 4 weeks (currently using 7-8 caps prior to bed)

I have been using Synthetic Supplements Agmatine for the last 4 days at 1000mg first thing in the morning on an empty stomach 30-45 min prior to my first meal. My plan is to run this consistantly at 1g daily or more to see if it can help with my injury issues and overall performance in general. I know this is a popular supplement for pumps, vascularity, nutrient partitioning/gda, but personally I have been wanting to try this supplement for some time now for its possible analgesic, recovery, and endurance benefits. I have injuries from the past that have left me with symptoms of chronic pain due to nerve compression. Below is a brief review of what has been notable so far.

Analgesic: So far starting from the first day I have noticed a decrease in my level of pain. To better describe it, I can still feel the affected areas as they still have a stiffness that makes me aware of the area itself, but as far as the sharp sensations I would normally feel, it feels like they have been dulled. Considering my heavy level of activity these last few days, I am very surprised that I am feeling this good. As of today, I feel no pain and am functioning at 100% in terms of mobility. I have not had a day like this for as long as I can remember. I am impressed at how soon agmatine has been able to make an impact for me with regards to this aspect. This is primarily the main reason I wanted to try this supplement and so far it is definitely making an impact.

Endurance/Recovery: As far endurance goes, I can feel that this has lowered my BP slightly and has made running a lot easier. The drop in BP allows me to breathe a lot easier and in doing so my work capacity has increased and I can definitely feel there is delayed fatigue as I have been able to work out longer and recover from workouts faster. I'm in pretty good shape already and do a lot of sprints, steady state, and HIIT for cardio. When I added the agmatine, it helped me to push a little harder a little longer.

Mood: Since the first day taking this, I have been in a good mood, feel a lot calmer, and seem to have an increased sense of well being.

Pumps/Vascularity/Muscle Fullness: Although I was not primarily interested in these attributes, I can say without a doubt that they are very apparent and are very nice to have. The first 2 days I only noticed these attributes slightly, but yesterday and today the effects were much more pronounced. Musclefullness and vasculaity have been good. I also got pumps in parts of my body that I was not working.

Improved Sleep: These last few days I have had some really deep hard sleeps. I have been taking ZMA and 7-8 caps of NOW DOPA Mucuna for the past 4 weeks and that already helped me to sleep very deeply, but since taking the agmatine, I am practically a dead body for 8 hours. When I wake up it is hard due to the heavy level of fogginess, possibly due to increased GH, but once I get going I can tell I had a very good refreshing night's sleep.

Nutrient Partitioning/GDA: Since taking agmatine, I have noticed muscle fullness after all meals, especially after meals with a decent amount of carbs. I also notice I seem to be digesting faster as my feeling of fullness doesn't last as long. This is not to say I get hungry faster between meals, but I know that I could eat if I wanted due to not feeling full.

Other Notes: I'm not sure if it is potentiating my usual daily dose of 200mg caffeine (100mg upon waking/100mg pre-workout) or if it has to do with the increased mood and possible noortropic effects some people have mentioned. But either way, after 15 mins or so of taking agmatine, I can feel my mental awareness increase. It is my understanding that benefits of this supplement should accumulate over time, so I am looking forward to using this for the next few months. I am also considering adding this permanently as a staple as it may benefit my particular situation. I also would like to note that many of the benefits of this supplement seem to mirror Icariin, which is a supplement that I am quite fond of and I look forward to stacking these two together down the road.

Overall, I am very pleased so far and am quite surprised at how soon some of the benefits have become apparent. Although this is the first agmatine product I have tried, I am very impressed so far at the quality, potency, and value of this product. I ended up buying some more of this when I saw the Memorial Day sale price at NP as it was just too good of a deal to pass up. Thank you PES and Synthetic Supplements for putting out a quality agmatine product at such a great value!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review!

I am glad you are enjoying this product so much, especially at an early stage.

Ben

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I don't normally like to post detailed reviews, but I was surprised at how soon I was feeling some of the benefits. More importantly, the analgesic quality has made such night and day difference for me not just interms of when I workout but for my general well being. All the other benefits are just an added bonus for me.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah the lowered BP and endurance aspect is nice, hope this benefits my cardio as well. Pumps took about 3-4 days before you saw a noticeable difference? Nutrient partioning lasting later in the day after u dose 2 caps in the AM?

I'm on day 2 of my bottle & I hope I get to see the same benefits in a few days as well.

Good review.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What's the story with though 30 minutes before a meal?

I sometimes take mine with a meal or 15 min prior. Should I be waiting?

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Great job, thanks for your review

Reactions: hsk

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the lowered BP and endurance aspect is nice, hope this benefits my cardio as well. Pumps took about 3-4 days before you saw a noticeable difference? Nutrient partioning lasting later in the day after u dose 2 caps in the AM?

I'm on day 2 of my bottle & I hope I get to see the same benefits in a few days as well.

Good review.
It should definitely help with breathing as well as delayed fatigue. I noticed slight pumps on the first 2 days but they did not really last, but by yesterday and today, the pumped feeling and muscle fullness was noticeable. With regards to nutrient partitioning, I did notice this effect lasting later in the day, but the best way to describe it would be much quicker digestion and gastric emptying. I will eat and soon after I will feel as if I can eat again. It does not increase my hunger in any way, at least not as of yet, but I feel as if I could eat again not long after eating should I want or need to. It is possible that there could be some synergy from the Na-Rala which I dose at 100mg in the morning, and 100mg 10-12 hours later in the day. But I have been taking Na-Rala consistantly for over a year and have never had this effect, even when taking 500-600mg per day.

What's the story with though 30 minutes before a meal?

I sometimes take mine with a meal or 15 min prior. Should I be waiting?
I have been reading up on agmatine for quite sometime, especially threads where Dr. Dana Houser has contributed to the discussion as he knows quite a bit about agmatine and helped with the original Man BluePrint. The instructions for that product suggest taking a 1000mg serving of agmatine first thing in the morning prior to a meal. Many users of BluePrint who followed that dosing suggestion felt all of the same benefits that are consistent with current agmatine users despite the fact that they were dosing all of it in the morning.

I also had conversations by PM with Mr.Cooper because I know he has used agmatine for longer periods and that he might be able to offer me insight into the possbility of timing dosages in order to maximize the particular benefits I was seeking. So I was surprised to find out from him that timing was not as important as consistency and letting the amount agmatine build up in the CNS. After thinking about it some more, this seemed to make a lot of sense because the majority of the discussions and user reviews I have read from various boards had different timing of doses, but the key benefits of pumps, muscle fullness, increased sense of well being, endurance, analgesic, nutrient partitioning/gda, and deeper sleep were all there as long as they were using it consistently. On top of that, I beleive it was posted in another discussion about agmatine, by Mr.Cooper as well, that even though the half-life of agmatine is only 10 minutes, most of the sought after benefits linger beyond the half-life.

Factoring in all of the above, it would appear that the key is to dose it consistently. Over time, as the amount of agmatine accumulates in your system, the benefits should also build up over time. This would explain why I only felt its effects slightly for the first day, but by today (my 4th day), I can definitely tell it's there and doing more or less what it is supposed to be known to do. I will be monitoring closely how long it takes for the beneficial effects to reach their peak, but since it has already provided me with the analgesic benefits I have been seeking, I am already more than happy and the rest is just icing on the cake. After a month or two of 1g daily I will experiment with higher dosages, probably 1.5g-2g daily, to see if any additional benefits can be had. I will also be trying different brands of agmatine to see if there is a difference in quality and potency among the different brands.

I would really like to thank Mr.Cooper for taking the time to share what he knew as well as all the posts he has made on the subject of agmatine. This plus all the info and discussions that Dr. Houser has posted on various boards has really helped me to understand how this supplement works and the best way to use it.

Great job, thanks for your review
No problem. I have enjoyed all of the PES products I have purchased and used so far. I have had great results with both Erase and AnaBeta. Erase is a potent and versatile supplement that has become a regular part of my rotation, and last year I was able to pick up 4 bottles of AnaBeta during the intro which I ended up running at 6 caps daily. Thanks again for the bottle from the promo. You guys didn't have to do that for everyone, but you did.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It should definitely help with breathing as well as delayed fatigue. I noticed slight pumps on the first 2 days but they did not really last, but by yesterday and today, the pumped feeling and muscle fullness was noticeable. With regards to nutrient partitioning, I did notice this effect lasting later in the day, but the best way to describe it would be much quicker digestion and gastric emptying. I will eat and soon after I will feel as if I can eat again. It does not increase my hunger in any way, at least not as of yet, but I feel as if I could eat again not long after eating should I want or need to. It is possible that there could be some synergy from the Na-Rala which I dose at 100mg in the morning, and 100mg 10-12 hours later in the day. But I have been taking Na-Rala consistantly for over a year and have never had this effect, even when taking 500-600mg per day.

I have been reading up on agmatine for quite sometime, especially threads where Dr. Dana Houser has contributed to the discussion as he knows quite a bit about agmatine and helped with the original Man BluePrint. The instructions for that product suggest taking a 1000mg serving of agmatine first thing in the morning prior to a meal. Many users of BluePrint who followed that dosing suggestion felt all of the same benefits that are consistent with current agmatine users despite the fact that they were dosing all of it in the morning.

I also had conversations by PM with Mr.Cooper because I know he has used agmatine for longer periods and that he might be able to offer me insight into the possbility of timing dosages in order to maximize the particular benefits I was seeking. So I was surprised to find out from him that timing was not as important as consistency and letting the amount agmatine build up in the CNS. After thinking about it some more, this seemed to make a lot of sense because the majority of the discussions and user reviews I have read from various boards had different timing of doses, but the key benefits of pumps, muscle fullness, increased sense of well being, endurance, analgesic, nutrient partitioning/gda, and deeper sleep were all there as long as they were using it consistently. On top of that, I beleive it was posted in another discussion about agmatine, by Mr.Cooper as well, that even though the half-life of agmatine is only 10 minutes, most of the sought after benefits linger beyond the half-life.

Factoring in all of the above, it would appear that the key is to dose it consistently. Over time, as the amount of agmatine accumulates in your system, the benefits should also build up over time. This would explain why I only felt its effects slightly for the first day, but by today (my 4th day), I can definitely tell it's there and doing more or less what it is supposed to be known to do. I will be monitoring closely how long it takes for the beneficial effects to reach their peak, but since it has already provided me with the analgesic benefits I have been seeking, I am already more than happy and the rest is just icing on the cake. After a month or two of 1g daily I will experiment with higher dosages, probably 1.5g-2g daily, to see if any additional benefits can be had. I will also be trying different brands of agmatine to see if there is a difference in quality and potency among the different brands.

I would really like to thank Mr.Cooper for taking the time to share what he knew as well as all the posts he has made on the subject of agmatine. This plus all the info and discussions that Dr. Houser has posted on various boards has really helped me to understand how this supplement works and the best way to use it.

No problem. I have enjoyed all of the PES products I have purchased and used so far. I have had great results with both Erase and AnaBeta. Erase is a potent and versatile supplement that has become a regular part of my rotation, and last year I was able to pick up 4 bottles of AnaBeta during the intro which I ended up running at 6 caps daily. Thanks again for the bottle from the promo. You guys didn't have to do that for everyone, but you did.
Awesome thanks for that info.

Blueprint looks legit too. Has the R-ALA in it as well.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Awesome thanks for that info.

Blueprint looks legit too. Has the R-ALA in it as well.
Your welcome. Regarding Blueprint, yes I think it is a solid product as well, but personally I prefer Na-Rala over R-ALA. Na-Rala is much more shelf stable, has better bioavailability, and a longer half-life compared to regular R-ALA. This makes dosing much more convenient. It's a lot more expensive, but in the grand scheme of it all it is the better value of the 2 products. I think agmatine would be better paired with Na-Rala.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your welcome. Regarding Blueprint, yes I think it is a solid product as well, but personally I prefer Na-Rala over R-ALA. Na-Rala is much more shelf stable, has better bioavailability, and a longer half-life compared to regular R-ALA. This makes dosing much more convenient. It's a lot more expensive, but in the grand scheme of it all it is the better value of the 2 products. I think agmatine would be better paired with Na-Rala.
I think ill find this is the general consensus.