Decongestants while on supps?

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
An someone enlighten me on whether I should take a decongestant to help clear up my nose even though im on erase, at2, aav2. Thanks

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
Just out of curiosity, did the congestion start after taking said supps? Rauwolscine gave me some nasal congestion for the first few days after I started taking it

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Just out of curiosity, did the congestion start after taking said supps? Rauwolscine gave me some nasal congestion for the first few days after I started taking it
No I just have a nasty cold and was going to take some sudafed to help clear out my nose but didn't know the effects of doing so while on my supps.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
Gotchya. Well I don't know anything about the possible interactions so I'm not much help here.. :p I will say however that I have taken congestion meds while on AT2 (old) and Alphaburn with no problem, but I would probably wait for someone more knowledgeable to give you the green light

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
A few weeks ago had bad cold. Was mixing 2 different cold meds together, using afrin at night & took craze before a good solid workout. 2 days later, had heart palpitations & had a trip to emergency room. Had to get heart zapped back into rhythm. Learned a solid lesson after that. Be careful what your mixing....

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
A few weeks ago had bad cold. Was mixing 2 different cold meds together, using afrin at night & took craze before a good solid workout. 2 days later, had heart palpitations & had a trip to emergency room. Had to get heart zapped back into rhythm. Learned a solid lesson after that. Be careful what your mixing....
Scary. I'm not taking any atoms really, I guess Alpha T2 is a mild stim bit I don't notice much stim results from it. My pre workout is non stim as well, white flood and hemavol. I just know from past experience if I don't dry up my nasal cavities I'm more incline get a sinus infection which will put me back even longer.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Yeah, i think when it comes to stims, ya have to watch what your doin. I dont think erase or erase pro would give you any problems with a decongestant. But ya might wanna do some research on any supp' s your taking. Just to be safe.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just avoid stims if anything.. otherwise you are fine. Its such a short period of time, you wont fall into heart failure that quick.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
just avoid stims if anything.. otherwise you are fine. Its such a short period of time, you wont fall into heart failure that quick.
I take an allergy medicine... Loratadine, curious if it will have any interactions with any sups?

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I've been taking loratidine every day for years, if I don't my skin itches like crazy. Never had any problems.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have taken vicodin for a month before(major surgeroy,appendix) and you know they say NSAID's cause inhibits protein synthesis?Yeah...didn't hurt me.Then another study shows how if you take them after it increases it.....with all the information and misinformation they never actually get into the "how bad it messes with you"is it a 1% inhibition?50%?I believe if it dose mess with them,it's not going to be that big of a difference for the general public.Well...I say if your miserable just take the meds and don't be miserable.You will be fine.Hope you get to feeling better :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've been taking loratidine every day for years, if I don't my skin itches like crazy. Never had any problems.
How much you take 10mg?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm going to say reduce your cap of alpha t2 or aav2.
Too much alpha y has caused some nasal issues

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ephedrine is a strong decongestant from what I've read

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ephedrine is a strong decongestant from what I've read
Agreed. From literature I have read.
In Australia, don't have access to it but maybe sometime in near future.

I also found a relaxed forehead with a sinus massage opens up the airways nicely

This could also be a bio-marker for a higher toxic load and inflammation

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have the opposite issue when I take drive and rpm. My nasal path way becomes very dilated. Feels good for my sprints.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
And as far as if its safe, no idea, but I seem to be doing fine haha. What kind of allergic reaction are you having?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thirty minutes to an hour or so.
Yeah I have the 12 hour version.

Nose is always stopped up. I only been using these tabs for about 4-5 days.

th3futur3

Awards
  • Established
How would you know Mike?!?!?!?!!??! Are you a survivor?!?!?!!? Lol. :p