GLUCOPHASE XR

Rick62

Awards
Has anybody tryed this stuff. The write up is pretty good.
Anyone with any feedback on it?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Sledge is sending me a free sample to try out. When I start, I'll give my feedback on it.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I used a beta, so I am not sure if it was the same formula. I was on a ckd at the time and I was able to get into ketosis 24 hours faster after my carbups. I think my version was only the kr-ala and didn't have te q3d and q4d in it.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I got my bottle in the mail today. I'll try it out next week or so.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
my wife it taking it to lose weight. she does not have a good diet or consistant workout. only a week into it. not seeing results yet but she is a bad test subject.

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
Looks good, but the price is a joke.
well if you consider the price of r-ala i wouldnt say its a joke.. 1 bottle of this contains 22.5g of k-rala.. now the cheapest r-ala would be from 1fast and is 15 for 10g and add the extra stuff in Glucophase you can see the price is warrant.. i dunno if id spend that much if it was still 30 i probably would but i cant afford 42+shipping when the bottle would prob last only a month..

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
well if you consider the price of r-ala i wouldnt say its a joke.. 1 bottle of this contains 22.5g of k-rala.. now the cheapest r-ala would be from 1fast and is 15 for 10g and add the extra stuff in Glucophase you can see the price is warrant.. i dunno if id spend that much if it was still 30 i probably would but i cant afford 42+shipping when the bottle would prob last only a month..
I would still say it was a joke....you do have a point, but I would still say that 30 is reasonable....

Sanosuke

Sanosuke

Awards
  • Established
think ill prob stick with regular ALA at 108 grams for 40 from mike.. all the studies ive seen on r-ala vs ala have been on rats.. i know this is k-rala but still think 2g of regular ala would be better and at 108g for 40 it would last me 54 days a 2g a day...

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Cuffs....Any updates? How do you like it so far? Worth the money?

O14

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to start today. I wanted to give this a fair shot and be done with PCT from my last cycle. I'll give an update later.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
think ill prob stick with regular ALA at 108 grams for 40 from mike.. all the studies ive seen on r-ala vs ala have been on rats.. i know this is k-rala but still think 2g of regular ala would be better and at 108g for 40 it would last me 54 days a 2g a day...
why are you using 2g/d when 600-900 works just fine...and some. just curious :think:

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
"works just fine"

Well, what does that mean exactly? If he's taking it for anti-oxidant and liver protection, then sure, the lower does works just fine. If he's taking some with every meal for "nutrient shuttling", then the daily dose could add up to 2g.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"works just fine"

Well, what does that mean exactly? If he's taking it for anti-oxidant and liver protection, then sure, the lower does works just fine. If he's taking some with every meal for "nutrient shuttling", then the daily dose could add up to 2g.
I see what you are saying about "works fine". For myself, I initially took it for the anti-o properties and encorporated it post w/o w/shake and enjoyed the "nutrient shuttling" as well. I target most all my carbs around my workouts so that is the reason I use post w/o primarily. I find that at 600-900/d it is "sufficient" for me.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
this stuff is really not overpriced. check out bulk prices for k-r-ala and you'll see it's actually very reasonable. sledge isn't one to gouge on prices. i gave 2 bottles to my dad who is a diabetic and it helped him stabilize his bloodsugar levels around meals. he took it once with no food and it lowered his blood sugar really, really low. like around 50-60. for what it does, it works like a charm

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's starting to show up on other supp sites for 35 a bottle which is fair. For anti-oxidant purposes it good stuff. Stacked with C and grape seed extract I'd have to say I'm feeling pretty dang good..but that's purely subjective, I know.

I'm using it for bulking at it does seem to blast my PWO shake into my muscles faster than w/o. Recovery time pwo seems to be lessend. It also seems to have some anti-inflammatory properties as my joints have been feeling better on it..but again, subjective.

It definitely lowers blood sugar rapidly and for a long time if you don't eat enough carbs.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It definitely lowers blood sugar rapidly and for a long time if you don't eat enough carbs.
Low blood sugar = Elevated GH!

This stuff could really be useful. Mine should be in this week sometime. I was just planning to use it post-w/o to start with.

And then maybe to potentiate the effects of all the krack I plan to smoke later (thats a joke BTW) :thumbsup:

But really, this effect may need to be factored in when using in combo with any central acting amine. Like clen, ephedrine, even anti-histamines. It may be a great synergism enhancer to minimize the cost of other supps.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention that it shows promise as a steroid receptor cleansing agent!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Not to mention that it shows promise as a steroid receptor cleansing agent!
Cool! I didn't even know about that application. I can't wait to try it. Someone was giving it a real good sounding review but I forget now who it was or what they said. Just remembered thinking "ohhh yaaaa, gonna get some a that"

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see what you are saying about "works fine". For myself, I initially took it for the anti-o properties and encorporated it post w/o w/shake and enjoyed the "nutrient shuttling" as well. I target most all my carbs around my workouts so that is the reason I use post w/o primarily. I find that at 600-900/d it is "sufficient" for me.
The Lipoic Acid Project: A Case Study by Layne Norton and Eric Satterwhite
"Another interesting turn of events was the difference in degree of effect from an increased dosage. We saw rather dramatic changes in blood glucose dynamics when the dosages were increased from 0 to 300mg/day. Likewise when they were increased from 300 to 600/mg a day. However, increasing from 600 to 900, or 900 to 1200mg a day, the degree of difference was not very noticeable. It was like throwing a match into a bonfire. On the other hand the degree of improvement when going from 600 to 1200 mg /day was rather significant and something to note. Based on these observations, I see no reason to consume more than 600mg of ALA within any six-hour period."

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
That quote doesn't even make sense. First they say,
increasing from 600 to 900, or 900 to 1200mg a day, the degree of difference was not very noticeable
and then,

I see no reason to consume more than 600mg of ALA within any six-hour period."
Don't they mean 24-hour period? If they mean 6-hour period, then that's 600mg x 4 periods = 2.4g which is back to where we started. Like I said earlier, if you take this with most meals, you could easily rack up 2g per day.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you take the time to read the article and the acompanying data/graph you will see it sort of flat lines after 600mg.

I would agree that if taken with every meal it will add up quite quick. I guess my point is 4 times the amount may not be yeilding 4 times the benefit. It is cheap enough and still benefitial...

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Actually the graph and the article are very misleading by using the phrase "per day" since they never spread the dose over several meals. They just did 1/2 dose pre and post workout.

They're really only saying that effectiveness over a short period flattens out at around 600mg. This is why they conclude 600mg is the max for a 6-hour period. I'm not sure they can really say anything about a maximum daily dosage. (On the other hand, I can't pretend I understand what GLUT-4 and other terms mean in this article.)

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
this stuff is really not overpriced. check out bulk prices for k-r-ala and you'll see it's actually very reasonable. sledge isn't one to gouge on prices. i gave 2 bottles to my dad who is a diabetic and it helped him stabilize his bloodsugar levels around meals. he took it once with no food and it lowered his blood sugar really, really low. like around 50-60. for what it does, it works like a charm
Yeah, when I wrote this it was at 42, I have seen it at 35 now and plan on picking some up, it looks really good, i will end up posting my reslts as well...

O14