Any fat burners to avoid while on an SSRI?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Any fat burners to avoid while on an SSRI?

Are there any get burners one might want to steer away from if on an SSRI? I've read some different opinions on it, but wanted to get some of your opinions on this. If you could give specific products that would be much appreciated.

2. I would stay clear of any with Yohimbine/Alpha-Yohimbine/Rauwolscine
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Sarkis18
    I would stay clear of any with Yohimbine/Alpha-Yohimbine/Rauwolscine
    Thanks man--I appreciate it. Do you happen to know why the two do not "work" together?

4. Alpha-2 antagonists (Yohimbine, Alpha-Yohimbine etc.) can actually increase serotonin production, which can bring about some negative sides if you are on an SSRI. Also, if you're taking the SSRI for anxiety, Yohimbine could exacerbate your anxiety, as could other stimulants, so you should be careful there as well.

5. no HCA, Evodiamine, Alpha y, Berberine....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21647174

http://ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/1175...jt5EMhVnSYD.34

sorry boss, no AAv2 for you or nutrient repartitioners with berberine.

however, you may be able to speak to the doctor about stuff like this. See if you can come off these safely.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Sarkis18
    Alpha-2 antagonists (Yohimbine, Alpha-Yohimbine etc.) can actually increase serotonin production, which can bring about some negative sides if you are on an SSRI. Also, if you're taking the SSRI for anxiety, Yohimbine could exacerbate your anxiety, as could other stimulants, so you should be careful there as well.
    Thanks again-I take a VERY low dose of lexapro-10mg daily for generalized anxiety, but I drink a ton of caffeine and used stimmed pre-workouts...I have a very high tolerance to 1,3 and other stims.

Hopefully I can find something without the ingredients you and EBF suggested and give it a go. It's a shame, the AAV2 was the exact product I was wanting to use!

7. Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc
    no HCA, Evodiamine, Alpha y, Berberine....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21647174

http://ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/1175...jt5EMhVnSYD.34

sorry boss, no AAv2 for you or nutrient repartitioners with berberine.

however, you may be able to speak to the doctor about stuff like this. See if you can come off these safely.
    Thanks man--so stay clear of all products that are proven to work ; )

8. It may help your mood. If you choose to use it. Take it extremely slow an talk it over with yur health care practitioner

9. Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Thanks again-I take a VERY low dose of lexapro-10mg daily for generalized anxiety, but I drink a ton of caffeine and used stimmed pre-workouts...I have a very high tolerance to 1,3 and other stims.

Hopefully I can find something without the ingredients you and EBF suggested and give it a go. It's a shame, the AAV2 was the exact product I was wanting to use!
    I've had problems with SSRIs and Yohimbine before. I try to use non-stim fat burning options such as Lean Xtreme. I've used EC in the past with no problems as well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by allieninja

I've had problems with SSRIs and Yohimbine before. I try to use non-stim fat burning options such as Lean Xtreme. I've used EC in the past with no problems as well.
    What type of problems did you have? Do you mind sharing?

11. I ironically had bigger issues with Anxiety while taking SSRI and Anti-Anxiety meds with Lean Extreme than I have with Yohimbine.

I've been taking SSRI's right now and Anti-Anxiety and am able to take 2 - 3 caps of Yohimbine in the morning in an empty stomach (1 cap at a time, 3 hours apart).

Don't ask me why but that has been the case.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

12. Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    What type of problems did you have? Do you mind sharing?
    Constant anxiety attack that lasted for 3 days while the yohimbine worked its way out of my system.

13. Quote Originally Posted by bla55
    I ironically had bigger issues with Anxiety while taking SSRI and Anti-Anxiety meds with Lean Extreme than I have with Yohimbine.

I've been taking SSRI's right now and Anti-Anxiety and am able to take 2 - 3 caps of Yohimbine in the morning in an empty stomach (1 cap at a time, 3 hours apart).

Don't ask me why but that has been the case.
    You ever used oxyelite pro? That's the one I'm considering.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Sarkis18 View Post
    Alpha-2 antagonists (Yohimbine, Alpha-Yohimbine etc.) can actually increase serotonin production, which can bring about some negative sides if you are on an SSRI. Also, if you're taking the SSRI for anxiety, Yohimbine could exacerbate your anxiety, as could other stimulants, so you should be careful there as well.
    Agreed. This one time I took some yohimbine with a big ol block of tyramine containing cheese. Fun afternoon. And by fun, I mean the worst day of my life.

15. How about oxyelite pro? The ingredients are as follows:

Proprietary Blend 119.5mg
    Bauhinia Purpurea L. (Leaf And Pod)(Standardized For Bauhnia-Statins 1-4), Bacopa Monniera (Leaf), 1,3-Dimethylamylamine (Geranium [Stem]), Cirsium Oligophyllum (Whole Plant Extract), Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia Canescens L. [Leaf And Root])
    Caffeine 100mg

I know it has the Rauwolscine, which sarkis mentioned steering clear of.

Anyone on a SSRI use this?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Sarkis18 View Post
    Reps for a good post

17. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows

Reps for a good post
    No doubt- his information is very helpful. Wish you could rep from an iPhone

18. Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    You ever used oxyelite pro? That's the one I'm considering.
    Nothing personal, but I don't use USP Labs products.

I'm sure plenty of people have had great results with many of them, but the 5 I tried, the 5 I guess I was a "non-respondent" so therefore I will not be spending any more money on those. Would sure be willing to give some of their products a try and perhaps my perception will change, but as of now, I feel like I would rather spend my money on other things I've tried and worked for me (Dexaprine, Alpha T2, etc)

Nothing personal.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

19. Quote Originally Posted by bla55

Nothing personal, but I don't use USP Labs products.

I'm sure plenty of people have had great results with many of them, but the 5 I tried, the 5 I guess I was a "non-respondent" so therefore I will not be spending any more money on those. Would sure be willing to give some of their products a try and perhaps my perception will change, but as of now, I feel like I would rather spend my money on other things I've tried and worked for me (Dexaprine, Alpha T2, etc)

Nothing personal.
    Was thinking about dexaprine--what kind of results did you see?

20. Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Was thinking about dexaprine--what kind of results did you see?
    Dexaprine should be fine. Please trust me that you do not want to try anything with Rauwolscine.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

21. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37

Dexaprine should be fine. Please trust me that you do not want to try anything with Rauwolscine.
    Thanks--I appreciate it. How exactly does the Rauwolscine interact with the SSRI?

22. Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Thanks--I appreciate it. How exactly does the Rauwolscine interact with the SSRI?
    Essentially an alpha-2 antagonist like rauwolscine can cause an increase in serotonin levels by enhancing serotonergic neurotransmission by inhibiting receptors that decrease serotonin transmission and stimulating receptors that increase transmission. Seeing as an SSRI is already increasing serotonin levels, this can leave you with "too much serotonin" when on an SSRI, and can lead to Serotonin Symptom, which can be life threatening, but more common sides would probably be headaches, vomitting, nausea, and problems with coordination etc. (I suggest looking this up). Basically, rauwolscine has the potential to enhance the effects of your SSRI, but to an unwanted degree that can be uncomfortable and dangerous.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Sarkis18 View Post
    Essentially an alpha-2 antagonist like rauwolscine can cause an increase in serotonin levels by enhancing serotonergic neurotransmission by inhibiting receptors that decrease serotonin transmission and stimulating receptors that increase transmission. Seeing as an SSRI is already increasing serotonin levels, this can leave you with "too much serotonin" when on an SSRI, and can lead to Serotonin Symptom, which can be life threatening, but more common sides would probably be headaches, vomitting, nausea, and problems with coordination etc. (I suggest looking this up). Basically, rauwolscine has the potential to enhance the effects of your SSRI, but to an unwanted degree that can be uncomfortable and dangerous.
    Exactly this^^^ Best case scenario, you feel so crappy that you won't even workout...best case.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by Sarkis18

Thanks again. In that case, I should probably sell this unopened bottle of OEP in the cabinet...

I'd like to quit the SSRI (lexapro) altogether, but coming off is a b:tch. I only take 10mg and really don't feel it's necessary. Started taking it like 7 years ago when going through some serious stress in college.

Any thoughts as to whether or not using something that contains Yohimbe or other things could elevate serotonin to a point where it could make weaning off easier?

Quit cold turkey once, but the headaches were so bad I caved and went back on.

25. Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post

Any thoughts as to whether or not using something that contains Yohimbe or other things could elevate serotonin to a point where it could make weaning off easier?
    Yohimbe is a known anxiogenic, so it probably would not be helpful when trying to come off an SSRI.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Some SSRI Help
    By AmazingAJ in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2012, 07:46 PM
  2. SSRI's and 5-HTP
    By andro69 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 09:27 AM
  3. SSRI
    By Stallion83 in forum Supplements