Sunless tanning?

  1. Sunless tanning?


    Someone told me that there are pills to take that make you more tan is this true? Anyone tried them? What would u reccomend?


  2. Never heard of pills, if you're type I or II skin type melanotan might help but you still need plenty of UV exposure.

  3. I've heard of injections. But never pills
    •   
       


  4. The pills have been out for 20 years. They make you sort of orange. They're called canthaxanthin or something.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  5. Stay away from them heard horror stories
  6. A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  7. just spray tan. i use this can from walmart for 7 bucks and its decent. alot better than paying 30 at a tanning salon for one spray tan
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  8. pills definitely dont work or wont make you the color you want.
    the best lotion or spray ive ever found is toma's tan
    the best stainer i'd say is liquid sun-rayz, then pro-tan

  9. Sup R1

    Which one - how long does it take to dry - can you compare it to spray tanning from actual experience?

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    just spray tan. i use this can from walmart for 7 bucks and its decent. alot better than paying 30 at a tanning salon for one spray tan
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  10. This thread is relevant to my interests. Going to florida in 3 weeks and I'm typical Irish skin type. Need tan!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    This thread is relevant to my interests. Going to florida in 3 weeks and I'm typical Irish skin type. Need tan!
    Get some melanotan I/II, do a week long load, get in a tanning bed a couple times the first week. Every other day the next 2 weeks and you'll be ready. Use a bronzer/accelerator whenever you go tanning and it'll give you a nice tan pretty fast.

  12. Yeah agreed but you'll also look like a spotted leopard

    Freckles show up in places you didnt even think could grow freckles LOL
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Sup R1

    Which one - how long does it take to dry - can you compare it to spray tanning from actual experience?

    Thanks
    ill get back to you of the brand and all. it doesnt look orange but dries slow. if you use a blow dryer, it speeds up the process
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  14. Thx buddy
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Yeah agreed but you'll also look like a spotted leopard

    Freckles show up in places you didnt even think could grow freckles LOL
    I didn't have that problem at all, no change in moles or freckles. Just got the ability to get a great tan.

  16. Im jealous. You're one of the lucky ones.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  17. What about the old fashion sun.

    I went fishing a few weeks again and wore a shirt the whole time came back with a farmer's tan.....

    I look ridiculous in a tank top...imo

    Next time I'll fish with shirt off

  18. Another question what benefit does being tan have for bodybuilders? I've heard it makes you look more defined any thoughts?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jewgold View Post
    What about the old fashion sun.

    I went fishing a few weeks again and wore a shirt the whole time came back with a farmer's tan.....

    I look ridiculous in a tank top...imo

    Next time I'll fish with shirt off
    thats the only way to fish!
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  20. Quote Originally Posted by cg123 View Post
    Another question what benefit does being tan have for bodybuilders? I've heard it makes you look more defined any thoughts?
    yep.
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  21. Quote Originally Posted by cg123
    Another question what benefit does being tan have for bodybuilders? I've heard it makes you look more defined any thoughts?
    Yea being tan brings out a lot more definition. If you are white then you will just look very flat under the stage lights.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions View Post
    Yea being tan brings out a lot more definition. If you are white then you will just look very flat under the stage lights.
    or even in normal lighting!
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bigintensions

    Yea being tan brings out a lot more definition. If you are white then you will just look very flat under the stage lights.
    Woah now! We don't need to bring race into this!

  24. Quote Originally Posted by kaikara View Post
    This thread is relevant to my interests. Going to florida in 3 weeks and I'm typical Irish skin type. Need tan!
    Quote Originally Posted by chimeranD View Post
    Get some melanotan I/II, do a week long load, get in a tanning bed a couple times the first week. Every other day the next 2 weeks and you'll be ready. Use a bronzer/accelerator whenever you go tanning and it'll give you a nice tan pretty fast.
    Good advice, but just as an FYI - this past spring break I was going to the Caribbean, and I wanted to get a tan before getting there. I'm about 95% and have pale skin pretty much year-round. I went to a tanning bed for the first time and did 10 minutes - was burnt as hell everywhere the next morning! For Irish skin you'll want to be careful, at least if you're anything like me. I'd start with 6 minutes in a bed every other day, and then perhaps see where that leaves you, and gauge from there.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by GreenEarth View Post
    Good advice, but just as an FYI - this past spring break I was going to the Caribbean, and I wanted to get a tan before getting there. I'm about 95% and have pale skin pretty much year-round. I went to a tanning bed for the first time and did 10 minutes - was burnt as hell everywhere the next morning! For Irish skin you'll want to be careful, at least if you're anything like me. I'd start with 6 minutes in a bed every other day, and then perhaps see where that leaves you, and gauge from there.
    My girlfriend is going to some new weird tanning bed that is supposed to be impossible to get burnt. It's way too expensive though.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by GreenEarth View Post
    Good advice, but just as an FYI - this past spring break I was going to the Caribbean, and I wanted to get a tan before getting there. I'm about 95% and have pale skin pretty much year-round. I went to a tanning bed for the first time and did 10 minutes - was burnt as hell everywhere the next morning! For Irish skin you'll want to be careful, at least if you're anything like me. I'd start with 6 minutes in a bed every other day, and then perhaps see where that leaves you, and gauge from there.
    Yea I started at 6 and jumped 2-3 minutes weekly till I hit 16 and cut off there.
    I guess you could say I'm lucky but I already had a good amount of moles so I was worried about more showing up. It's a risk but if you stick with lower dosages you should be fine.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Jim2542

    Woah now! We don't need to bring race into this!
    Haha, You know what I meant.

  28. You want something that will compliment your natural skin tone. If you have blinding white skin, start with a product labeled light. You may be able to work your way up to a medium over time. With today's natural looking products it's kind of hard to go wrong, but if you apply deepest darkest glow to porcelain skin, you can still turn yourself into The Great Pumpkin. Products marked deep or dark look best on people who have naturally dark complexions and tan very easily.

  29. No really relevant to OP's original question.. but a buddy of mine is trying to come up with a follow up to "no shave November" with a "dream tab December" you guys think it'll catch on? lol
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Who uses a tanning bed?
    By votum in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 09:43 PM
  2. Tanning
    By TheeBC in forum Supplements
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
  3. Tanning???
    By yosahab in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 02:36 AM
  4. help on tanning
    By snowtiger in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 01:42 PM
  5. sunless tanners and ph's, do they mix?
    By LHDan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 09:09 AM
Log in
Log in