Sunless tanning?

cg123

Awards
Someone told me that there are pills to take that make you more tan is this true? Anyone tried them? What would u reccomend?

chimeranD

Awards
Never heard of pills, if you're type I or II skin type melanotan might help but you still need plenty of UV exposure.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
I've heard of injections. But never pills

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The pills have been out for 20 years. They make you sort of orange. They're called canthaxanthin or something.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just spray tan. i use this can from walmart for 7 bucks and its decent. alot better than paying 30 at a tanning salon for one spray tan

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
pills definitely dont work or wont make you the color you want.
the best lotion or spray ive ever found is toma's tan
the best stainer i'd say is liquid sun-rayz, then pro-tan

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup R1

Which one - how long does it take to dry - can you compare it to spray tanning from actual experience?

Thanks

just spray tan. i use this can from walmart for 7 bucks and its decent. alot better than paying 30 at a tanning salon for one spray tan

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
This thread is relevant to my interests. Going to florida in 3 weeks and I'm typical Irish skin type. Need tan!

chimeranD

Awards
This thread is relevant to my interests. Going to florida in 3 weeks and I'm typical Irish skin type. Need tan!
Get some melanotan I/II, do a week long load, get in a tanning bed a couple times the first week. Every other day the next 2 weeks and you'll be ready. Use a bronzer/accelerator whenever you go tanning and it'll give you a nice tan pretty fast.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah agreed but you'll also look like a spotted leopard

Freckles show up in places you didnt even think could grow freckles LOL

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sup R1

Which one - how long does it take to dry - can you compare it to spray tanning from actual experience?

Thanks
ill get back to you of the brand and all. it doesnt look orange but dries slow. if you use a blow dryer, it speeds up the process

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thx buddy

chimeranD

Awards
Yeah agreed but you'll also look like a spotted leopard

Freckles show up in places you didnt even think could grow freckles LOL
I didn't have that problem at all, no change in moles or freckles. Just got the ability to get a great tan.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im jealous. You're one of the lucky ones. ;)

jewgold

jewgold

Awards
  • Established
What about the old fashion sun.

I went fishing a few weeks again and wore a shirt the whole time came back with a farmer's tan.....

I look ridiculous in a tank top...imo

Next time I'll fish with shirt off

cg123

Awards
Another question what benefit does being tan have for bodybuilders? I've heard it makes you look more defined any thoughts?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about the old fashion sun.

I went fishing a few weeks again and wore a shirt the whole time came back with a farmer's tan.....

I look ridiculous in a tank top...imo

Next time I'll fish with shirt off
thats the only way to fish!

bigintensions

bigintensions

Awards
Another question what benefit does being tan have for bodybuilders? I've heard it makes you look more defined any thoughts?
Yea being tan brings out a lot more definition. If you are white then you will just look very flat under the stage lights.

GreenEarth

GreenEarth

Awards
Get some melanotan I/II, do a week long load, get in a tanning bed a couple times the first week. Every other day the next 2 weeks and you'll be ready. Use a bronzer/accelerator whenever you go tanning and it'll give you a nice tan pretty fast.
Good advice, but just as an FYI - this past spring break I was going to the Caribbean, and I wanted to get a tan before getting there. I'm about 95% and have pale skin pretty much year-round. I went to a tanning bed for the first time and did 10 minutes - was burnt as hell everywhere the next morning! For Irish skin you'll want to be careful, at least if you're anything like me. I'd start with 6 minutes in a bed every other day, and then perhaps see where that leaves you, and gauge from there.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
Good advice, but just as an FYI - this past spring break I was going to the Caribbean, and I wanted to get a tan before getting there. I'm about 95% and have pale skin pretty much year-round. I went to a tanning bed for the first time and did 10 minutes - was burnt as hell everywhere the next morning! For Irish skin you'll want to be careful, at least if you're anything like me. I'd start with 6 minutes in a bed every other day, and then perhaps see where that leaves you, and gauge from there.
My girlfriend is going to some new weird tanning bed that is supposed to be impossible to get burnt. It's way too expensive though.

chimeranD

Awards
Yea I started at 6 and jumped 2-3 minutes weekly till I hit 16 and cut off there.
I guess you could say I'm lucky but I already had a good amount of moles so I was worried about more showing up. It's a risk but if you stick with lower dosages you should be fine.

annielizstan

Awards
You want something that will compliment your natural skin tone. If you have blinding white skin, start with a product labeled light. You may be able to work your way up to a medium over time. With today's natural looking products it's kind of hard to go wrong, but if you apply deepest darkest glow to porcelain skin, you can still turn yourself into The Great Pumpkin. Products marked deep or dark look best on people who have naturally dark complexions and tan very easily.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No really relevant to OP's original question.. but a buddy of mine is trying to come up with a follow up to "no shave November" with a "dream tab December" you guys think it'll catch on? lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 8
Justlooking5 General Chat 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
General Chat 3
Anabolics 2