Best pre/intra/post carb powder

  1. Best pre/intra/post carb powder


    So let me preface this by saying I will be starting a long term lean bulk in August. I have my macros planned out, diet will be in check. When I bulk I prefer to have a carb powder postworkout with my whey, then whole food meal about an hour or two later. What is the best post workout carb powder? What about Pre/Intra for extended workouts? Is intra even advisable as it can decrease endogeneous GH? Preworkout I will most likely have a whole food meal rather than a shake about an hour pre, unless there's something positive I'm not seeing about timing a shake here.


  2. During a bulk I'm more partial to whole food post wo. But a simple waxy maize should suffice. Genomyx just put out a complex carb product if you want lower GI. Look into Karbolyn as well
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  3. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    During a bulk I'm more partial to whole food post wo. But a simple waxy maize should suffice. Genomyx just put out a complex carb product if you want lower GI. Look into Karbolyn as well
    Just read a bunch of hype about waxy maize-hdp being good post workout, but no posts regarding it in the last 4-5 months. Anything positive?
    •   
       


  4. the "best" is debatable....i use karbolyn periodically, strawberry

  5. Honestly, it pains me to say this, but theres a product out by a certain company thats pretty overpriced when you first look at it, but when you consider it has a decent amount of protein, carbs, electrolytes, and tastes good, the price isnt actually that bad at all. If you message me I can let you know what it is because Im pretty sure I cant post the name here. I have used for long periods of time either bcaas, fast carbs products, electrolytes, whey, and gatorade, or lots of different combos of them, and the difference in my feeling during workouts isnt tremendous, but this product out of all of them delivers a very smooth well timed balance of support during workout and I tried to find something that would work as well for at least a year because of the cost per serving but eventually I caved on it, and decided when I was trying to go for longer than typical workouts, hour plus, I would go on it.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    During a bulk I'm more partial to whole food post wo. But a simple waxy maize should suffice. Genomyx just put out a complex carb product if you want lower GI. Look into Karbolyn as well
    I use waxy maize now.. but I really want to try genomyx new carb blend! Looks really good.

    Mike

  7. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    I use waxy maize now.. but I really want to try genomyx new carb blend! Looks really good.

    Mike
    Has Genomyx made that available yet?

  8. Karbolic by professional supplements. Cant go wrong.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

    Just read a bunch of hype about waxy maize-hdp being good post workout, but no posts regarding it in the last 4-5 months. Anything positive?
    Couldn't tell you. When I get it its from PrimaForce straight bulk 5lb tub. On legs or arm days I was pushing 60g pre and post work outs
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  10. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Couldn't tell you. When I get it its from PrimaForce straight bulk 5lb tub. On legs or arm days I was pushing 60g pre and post work outs
    I was looking at that, thinking maybe it wasn't of a good quality (corn starch rather than potato starch). Looks cost effective and versitile. What are your thoughts on having maybe 1 serving in a gallon jug w/ 5-10g BCAAs sipped on while lifting? Would this affect GH or even be digested fast enough to make a difference in energy levels for lifts, given that I take a pwo powder and have a balanced pre workout meal?

  11. Dextrose is the cheapest , and if any other kind of carb is actually better (ie not marketing), it wouldn't be by a lot.

    So my advice is go with dextrose.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by 3utcher
    Dextrose is the cheapest , and if any other kind of carb is actually better (ie not marketing), it wouldn't be by a lot.

    So my advice is go with dextrose.
    Dextrose is soo cheap!

  13. Dextrose is cheap, but man is it tough to drink that much sweet tasting stuff for me. I go with WMD, I know it's overpriced and not that much faster digesting but it's worth it for its lack of flavor and easy mix ability.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by rambo679 View Post
    Dextrose is cheap, but man is it tough to drink that much sweet tasting stuff for me.
    why not maltodextrine then ?

  15. I just ordered some if ON waxy maize to see how it is. My friend had used it before and seemed to have positive results and did what a carb supplement is supposed to do. Only negative that I saw was when scooping out of the tub it is very chalky so just be careful not to make a mess. I will let you know how my personal experience goes though. Hopefully it goes well because 75 servings for roughly $20 is pretty badass!

  16. I'll be trying out this: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/south...-glycomyx.html once Nutra gets it in stock soon.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by 3utcher View Post
    why not maltodextrine then ?
    Wouldn't malto be bad intra? take too long to digest, get into the bloodstream, etc?

  18. Quote Originally Posted by 3utcher View Post
    why not maltodextrine then ?
    No real reason, just never tried it.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Wouldn't malto be bad intra? take too long to digest, get into the bloodstream, etc?
    a bit longer than dextrose, but still fast. (but who cares ? you just need something to drink intra)

    I've never liked waxy maize (SAN) and potato starch (TP) ; booth of these make me hypo after an hour.
    No problems with dextrose, never tried malto.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by hunter121 View Post
    Genomyx just put out a complex carb product if you want lower GI. Look into Karbolyn as well.

    paying $2 for a serving of powdered oats and potatoes ?
    no thx

  21. I can't fathom the idea of using dextrose or even maltodextrose. Too much on simple sugars for me. I need something of a polysaccharide
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  22. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    I can't fathom the idea of using dextrose or even maltodextrose. Too much on simple sugars for me. I need something of a polysaccharide
    1. Maltodextrin, not maltodextrose
    2. How is maltodextrine not a polysaccharide ?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    So let me preface this by saying I will be starting a long term lean bulk in August. I have my macros planned out, diet will be in check. When I bulk I prefer to have a carb powder postworkout with my whey, then whole food meal about an hour or two later. What is the best post workout carb powder? What about Pre/Intra for extended workouts? Is intra even advisable as it can decrease endogeneous GH? Preworkout I will most likely have a whole food meal rather than a shake about an hour pre, unless there's something positive I'm not seeing about timing a shake here.

    CL makes a few solid pre/intra/post workout products
    Iron Forged Nutrition Rep

    use code "R1balla" to receive a discount

  24. we are working on a new concept and it will be super soluble and not a thick starchy mess with some unique features.....

  25. Quote Originally Posted by USPowders View Post
    we are working on a new concept and it will be super soluble and not a thick starchy mess with some unique features.....
    You have my attention...

  26. Quote Originally Posted by USPowders
    we are working on a new concept and it will be super soluble and not a thick starchy mess with some unique features.....
    Stop teasing us!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. intra/post wo mixes
    By SweetLou321 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 09:32 PM
  2. pre/intra/post clomid
    By JMD199123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 12:10 PM
  3. pre/intra/post serm
    By JMD199123 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 06:08 AM
  4. Which do you think is more important? Intra or Post?
    By planetfuzz in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 07:26 AM
  5. Carb Powder = pasta...Whey powder = chicken breast?
    By DaveWalton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Log in
Log in