Best pre/intra/post carb powder

uvawahoowa

Awards
So let me preface this by saying I will be starting a long term lean bulk in August. I have my macros planned out, diet will be in check. When I bulk I prefer to have a carb powder postworkout with my whey, then whole food meal about an hour or two later. What is the best post workout carb powder? What about Pre/Intra for extended workouts? Is intra even advisable as it can decrease endogeneous GH? Preworkout I will most likely have a whole food meal rather than a shake about an hour pre, unless there's something positive I'm not seeing about timing a shake here.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
During a bulk I'm more partial to whole food post wo. But a simple waxy maize should suffice. Genomyx just put out a complex carb product if you want lower GI. Look into Karbolyn as well

uvawahoowa

Awards
During a bulk I'm more partial to whole food post wo. But a simple waxy maize should suffice. Genomyx just put out a complex carb product if you want lower GI. Look into Karbolyn as well
Just read a bunch of hype about waxy maize-hdp being good post workout, but no posts regarding it in the last 4-5 months. Anything positive?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
the "best" is debatable....i use karbolyn periodically, strawberry

Herm

Awards
Honestly, it pains me to say this, but theres a product out by a certain company thats pretty overpriced when you first look at it, but when you consider it has a decent amount of protein, carbs, electrolytes, and tastes good, the price isnt actually that bad at all. If you message me I can let you know what it is because Im pretty sure I cant post the name here. I have used for long periods of time either bcaas, fast carbs products, electrolytes, whey, and gatorade, or lots of different combos of them, and the difference in my feeling during workouts isnt tremendous, but this product out of all of them delivers a very smooth well timed balance of support during workout and I tried to find something that would work as well for at least a year because of the cost per serving but eventually I caved on it, and decided when I was trying to go for longer than typical workouts, hour plus, I would go on it.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use waxy maize now.. but I really want to try genomyx new carb blend! Looks really good.

Mike

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Karbolic by professional supplements. Cant go wrong.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Just read a bunch of hype about waxy maize-hdp being good post workout, but no posts regarding it in the last 4-5 months. Anything positive?
Couldn't tell you. When I get it its from PrimaForce straight bulk 5lb tub. On legs or arm days I was pushing 60g pre and post work outs

uvawahoowa

Awards
Couldn't tell you. When I get it its from PrimaForce straight bulk 5lb tub. On legs or arm days I was pushing 60g pre and post work outs
I was looking at that, thinking maybe it wasn't of a good quality (corn starch rather than potato starch). Looks cost effective and versitile. What are your thoughts on having maybe 1 serving in a gallon jug w/ 5-10g BCAAs sipped on while lifting? Would this affect GH or even be digested fast enough to make a difference in energy levels for lifts, given that I take a pwo powder and have a balanced pre workout meal?

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Dextrose is the cheapest , and if any other kind of carb is actually better (ie not marketing), it wouldn't be by a lot.

So my advice is go with dextrose.

texasfinest2

texasfinest2

Awards
Dextrose is the cheapest , and if any other kind of carb is actually better (ie not marketing), it wouldn't be by a lot.

So my advice is go with dextrose.
Dextrose is soo cheap!

rambo679

rambo679

Awards
  • Established
Dextrose is cheap, but man is it tough to drink that much sweet tasting stuff for me. I go with WMD, I know it's overpriced and not that much faster digesting but it's worth it for its lack of flavor and easy mix ability.

EatLiftGrow

Awards
I just ordered some if ON waxy maize to see how it is. My friend had used it before and seemed to have positive results and did what a carb supplement is supposed to do. Only negative that I saw was when scooping out of the tub it is very chalky so just be careful not to make a mess. I will let you know how my personal experience goes though. Hopefully it goes well because 75 servings for roughly $20 is pretty badass!

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
Wouldn't malto be bad intra? take too long to digest, get into the bloodstream, etc?
a bit longer than dextrose, but still fast. (but who cares ? you just need something to drink intra)

I've never liked waxy maize (SAN) and potato starch (TP) ; booth of these make me hypo after an hour.
No problems with dextrose, never tried malto.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I can't fathom the idea of using dextrose or even maltodextrose. Too much on simple sugars for me. I need something of a polysaccharide

3utcher

3utcher

Awards
I can't fathom the idea of using dextrose or even maltodextrose. Too much on simple sugars for me. I need something of a polysaccharide
1. Maltodextrin, not maltodextrose
2. How is maltodextrine not a polysaccharide ?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So let me preface this by saying I will be starting a long term lean bulk in August. I have my macros planned out, diet will be in check. When I bulk I prefer to have a carb powder postworkout with my whey, then whole food meal about an hour or two later. What is the best post workout carb powder? What about Pre/Intra for extended workouts? Is intra even advisable as it can decrease endogeneous GH? Preworkout I will most likely have a whole food meal rather than a shake about an hour pre, unless there's something positive I'm not seeing about timing a shake here.

CL makes a few solid pre/intra/post workout products

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
we are working on a new concept and it will be super soluble and not a thick starchy mess with some unique features.....