Cycling multi and other staples...

  1. New Member
    tunnelrat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    10587
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    7.99%

    Cycling multi and other staples...


    I stopped taking a multivitamin, fish oil, gluc/chondroiton complex, zinc and magnesium and D3. Do these need to be cycled like herbals and thermogenics and such?

    Yes. I searched

  2. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Nope , as far as I know those staples can be kept all year round.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  3. Advanced Member
    blacklac's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    555372
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    6.42%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    What multi is it?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    tunnelrat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    10587
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    7.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Nope , as far as I know those staples can be kept all year round.
    Cool. Thanks.

    It's the Costco brand.
  5. New Member
    drew.87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    32
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    20.33%

    No, they should be taken everyday. I would recommend getting a liquid multi. A lot better for you.
  6. New Member
    tunnelrat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    10587
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    7.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by drew.87 View Post
    No, they should be taken everyday. I would recommend getting a liquid multi. A lot better for you.
    Orange Triad is in the mail actually. Thanks
  7. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The listed supplements should not be cycled and should be taken every day as needed to supplement those nutritional holes in your diet.
  8. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,546
    Rep Power
    6240280
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    They should absolutely be cycled, namely the vitamins and minerals in order to prevent imbalances like hypervitaminosis.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  9. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    They should absolutely be cycled, namely the vitamins and minerals in order to prevent imbalances like hypervitaminosis.
    You heard Coop , cycle them.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  10. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,546
    Rep Power
    6240280
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    You heard Coop , cycle them.
    Ideally, the best time to "cycle off" is during bulking phases in which micronutrient intake will be more than sufficient. During cutting cycles and ketogenic diets, vitamins and minerals become far more valuable, so I would recommend staying on your multi/zinc/etc during such periods.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  11. New Member
    tunnelrat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    10587
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    7.99%

    Okay okay...

    What kind of rotation would be best. 3 months on, then off?
  12. New Member
    tunnelrat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    10587
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    7.99%

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ideally, the best time to "cycle off" is during bulking phases in which micronutrient intake will be more than sufficient. During cutting cycles and ketogenic diets, vitamins and minerals become far more valuable, so I would recommend staying on your multi/zinc/etc during such periods.
    good lookin out sir!!
  13. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ideally, the best time to "cycle off" is during bulking phases in which micronutrient intake will be more than sufficient. During cutting cycles and ketogenic diets, vitamins and minerals become far more valuable, so I would recommend staying on your multi/zinc/etc during such periods.
    Hence I have no multi at the moment and neither do I feel like I need one ! You told me this haha they are negligible to a certain degree in a bulk since micro nutrients are not scarce
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  14. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135805
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    39.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ideally, the best time to "cycle off" is during bulking phases in which micronutrient intake will be more than sufficient. During cutting cycles and ketogenic diets, vitamins and minerals become far more valuable, so I would recommend staying on your multi/zinc/etc during such periods.
    I used to do this but then just stopped taking a multi and started eating more veggies. Guess its time I got back on a multi...

  15. Advanced Member
    Powercage's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    619
    Rep Power
    72268
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    93.39%

    I wouldnt cycle a fishoil personally
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
  16. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,546
    Rep Power
    6240280
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    5.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop View Post
    I used to do this but then just stopped taking a multi and started eating more veggies. Guess its time I got back on a multi...
    If your diet is sufficient, there is no need for a multivitamin, even during cutting phases. I was merely pointing out the best time to use one if you choose to do so. The thing about bodybuilders is that while they say that they eat varied diets, they usually end up eating similar things day in and day out, simply out of preference and convenience. Longterm, this can create an imbalance without you knowing it, so I've always advocated tracking your micros on 2 weekdays and 1 weekend day that you feel would be representative of your coming months of eating. See what you're lacking, and go from there with a protocol like ACES+

    Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    I wouldnt cycle a fishoil personally
    Nor would I.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  17. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    If your diet is sufficient, there is no need for a multivitamin, even during cutting phases. I was merely pointing out the best time to use one if you choose to do so. The thing about bodybuilders is that while they say that they eat varied diets, they usually end up eating similar things day in and day out, simply out of preference and convenience. Longterm, this can create an imbalance without you knowing it, so I've always advocated tracking your micros on 2 weekdays and 1 weekend day that you feel would be representative of your coming months of eating. See what you're lacking, and go from there with a protocol like ACES+



    Nor would I.
    Who would? That **** is magical I tell yah...
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  18. New Member
    Tmac29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    12090
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    11.46%

    Three things i never cycle

    Fish Oil
    Creatine
    Whey Protein
  19. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428709
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.64%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac29 View Post
    Three things i never cycle

    Fish Oil
    Creatine
    Whey Protein
    Hm whey is just well processed milk protein so yeah no need , fish oil is my holy grail and no need to either , perfectly natural. Creatine however I DO cycle it out when I wanna shed every last bit of water on the last stages of a cut !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  20. New Member
    Tmac29's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    12090
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    11.46%

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Hm whey is just well processed milk protein so yeah no need , fish oil is my holy grail and no need to either , perfectly natural. Creatine however I DO cycle it out when I wanna shed every last bit of water on the last stages of a cut !


    I can understand that. Esp. if you are doing a photo shoot, wanna be as dry as possible. But for those us that don't step on stage or do shoots, creatine is ALWAYS in constant use.

    Never can go without my MCC or CN
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Staples
    By zombiemuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 02:43 PM
  2. What are your Staples?
    By freezito in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 06:56 PM
  3. Too many staples?
    By MoTiV in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 11:45 PM
  4. $100 - What staples to get?
    By msucurt in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in