whey isolates: favorite flavors/ideas?

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
since isolates are sometimes somewhat tough to flavor, what flavors do you like/would you like to see in an isolate product?

also, what flavors do guys think suit an isolate product best: fruit type flavors, or more traditional protein powder flavors?

any and all thoughts and opinions welcome :)

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
fruit flavors are better IMO I love syntax's stuff when I tried it, also pink lemonade or a sour/tart grape is something I could drink any time. Or iforce's hemavol watermelon flavor is a winner as well.

Last edited:
allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
yea, syntrax's flavors were all pretty good. and who doesn't love some hemavol watermelon ;)

mnowak1228

Awards
Watermelon or Lemonade!!

amarula

Awards
since isolates are sometimes somewhat tough to flavor, what flavors do you like/would you like to see in an isolate product?

also, what flavors do guys think suit an isolate product best: fruit type flavors, or more traditional protein powder flavors?

Look to Ultimate Nutrition's Isosentation 93. I've had chocolate, cookies and vanilla, all in water, and for me they are excellent (all 3 amongst top 10 and I've tried many protein powders). Very underrated when you look to profile and flavour, IMO

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Watermelon or Lemonade!!
more partial to lemon drop than lemonade ;)

and amarula, agree with you about those flavors being decent. really light and a bit watery, but overall not bad taste for being pure isolate

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lime!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never had any trouble getting great tasting Isolate when I use Allmax's Isoflex (although they tend to be more "watery" compared to my preferred blends) ;)

I would be more interested in some fruit flavored, as the Watermelon would be awesome if done right IMHO.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
yazan

yazan

Awards
Stay away from cookies and creme. Sounds good but it's not at all. Horrible after-taste and smell

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look to Ultimate Nutrition's Isosentation 93. I've had chocolate, cookies and vanilla, all in water, and for me they are excellent (all 3 amongst top 10 and I've tried many protein powders). Very underrated when you look to profile and flavour, IMO
I used to rock Isosensation 93 all the time; loved that stuff. And you're right, in water it still tasted delicious.

I'm personally a fan of traditional protein flavors and tend to loathe fruit-flavored proteins.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
now THAT would be interesting lol, would have to be done really well though otherwise nastiness could ensue :yuck:
Yeah I'd buy lime, just get it similar to fanta lime! Come to think of it why has no one done something with slight carbonation in protein, like NO xplode?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use a Jamocha flavored Iso and love it

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Anything that can taste like Biorhythm's afterglow watermelon is best imho. With that said, I buy chocolate flavored iso the most since afterglow is ridiculously expensive and only get it when they have free samples.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Never had any trouble getting great tasting Isolate when I use Allmax's Isoflex (although they tend to be more "watery" compared to my preferred blends) ;)

I would be more interested in some fruit flavored, as the Watermelon would be awesome if done right IMHO.
Allmax PB isoflex is out of this world! just so much $$$

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
agreed, amazing flavoring.

I like fruit flavors best with isolates. when they're so thin, its just blah with chocolate/vanilla flavoring

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Anything that can taste like Biorhythm's afterglow watermelon is best imho. With that said, I buy chocolate flavored iso the most since afterglow is ridiculously expensive and only get it when they have free samples.
It's good but WTF $120 for 4 lbs.????

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya therefore I use it very sparingly :(

I still prefer to spend more for something that tastes good and from a reputable brand but I know that option isn't for everyone.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I prefer a company to have both fruity and cream based flavors, cause I switch back and forth

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Graham (or honey graham) cracker.
Candied Apple or Caramel Apple.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Peanut butter and jelly....apple pie.......orange sorbet

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Peanut butter and jelly....apple pie.......orange sorbet
these were be good in blends(like Protean), but would be hard to make taste good as an Isolate...but ya never know!

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why people keep looking over Isopure ( carb free)... I love that stuff

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
these were be good in blends(like Protean), but would be hard to make taste good as an Isolate...but ya never know!
Yeah, I was thinking an Apple Pie or Apple Crisp Protean (possibly with vanilla ice cream flavoring included) would be good. S'mores came to mind too.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
definitely will have to try this since few peanut butter flavors I've tried are free of that chemical-type taste :p and i do love me some peanut butter

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Yeah, I was thinking an Apple Pie or Apple Crisp Protean (possibly with vanilla ice cream flavoring included) would be good. S'mores came to mind too.
:eek:mfg: that flavor sounds epic

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Me, I prefer lemon drop over the watermelon. Lol

but nah, i can see what you mean bro lol, flavors with bit of a sour kick to them tend to be higher in my book

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
definitely will have to try this since few peanut butter flavors I've tried are free of that chemical-type taste :p and i do love me some peanut butter

You will NOT be disappointed but watch out, you'll find yourself drinking it just for the hell of it.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
You will NOT be disappointed but watch out, you'll find yourself drinking it just for the hell of it.
would probably be a good way to curb my peanut butter cravings lol

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vanilla mint swirl :) end thread! That's the only protein I'll ever use again!! I'm addicted

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Vanilla mint swirl :) end thread! That's the only protein I'll ever use again!! I'm addicted
stuff really is addicting lol one of those proteins where you conserve it and make sure you always have some around

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
stuff really is addicting lol one of those proteins where you conserve it and make sure you always have some around
Asked for it for fathers day coming up lol wish I knew if the other proteans were as good as the RVC n VMS she said she will buy me 2-3 tubs so I'm being on my best behavior lol

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Asked for it for fathers day coming up lol wish I knew if the other proteans were as good as the RVC n VMS she said she will buy me 2-3 tubs so I'm being on my best behavior lol
honestly can't go wrong with any of the flavors. Strawberry and vanilla cupcake batter are awesome and right up there with RVC and VMS for me :) , the cupcake batter is awesome for cooking purposes too lol

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I mix all natural peanut butter with vanilla protein usually. No supplement maker has ever made a decent flavored choc-pb protein ever. They all taste like crap in that flavor.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I mix all natural peanut butter with vanilla protein usually. No supplement maker has ever made a decent flavored choc-pb protein ever. They all taste like crap in that flavor.
from my experience I would definitely have to agree lol, seems like such a hard flavor to nail down

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
mmmmm, citrus peach. wonder if it tastes anything like mango peach tea ;)
I just got it today. I'm going to use post workout in the morning mixed with some simple carbs and ice. I'll let ya know if it's good stuff.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
sounds good bro.

idk about anyone else here, but an arnold palmer flavored isolate wouldn't be bad :)