Homemade GDA advice (trying again)

tvg67

Awards
I had posted a new comment on an existing thread that I started in February (Homemade GDA advice requested) asking for some advice on a homemade GDA/nutrient partitioner to replace Recompadrol while it was out of stock. I was notified that I received at least 2 replies (one from mr.cooper69) but when I went to view the newer comments I noticed that both my new post as well as the two replies were gone (so I never got to see them). An email to the administrator link in the error message received no reply.

So I will try this again.

I got pretty good results from the formula referenced in the original thread. However, I wanted to take some of the advice I received in that thread... specifically around the Na R-ALA and Agmatine so I came up with this newer formula that I have been using for about 3 weeks now:
ACETYL L-CARNITINE 225 MG
AGMATINE SULFATE 250 MG
GYMNEMA SYLVESTRE (75% GYMNEMIC ACIDS) 235 MG
COLEUS FORSKOHLII (20% FORSKOLIN) 50 MG
NA R-ALPHA LIPOIC ACID (NAR-ALA) 150 MG

2 capsules delivers the above and I take 2 capsules before each meal with carbs, three times a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner).

I can tell you I am getting very good results with this so far... leaning out around the midsection while having a full look most of the day (even on off days). I may have one or two cheat meals a week (on weekends) and it appears that two to three capsules before a cheat meal will virtually eliminate the bloated feeling I used to get and allow me to wake up with the same lean look the next morning. I haven't made any changes to my diet and get a 50/30/20 ratio of protein, carbs (complex) and fats (nuts, etc.).

I was hoping to get some feedback on this formula as well. Is there any I can change to further improve upon it?

Thanks.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would just use na r ala and agmatine

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Coop was probably telling you no Alcar and NA-R-ALA at the same time due to polymerization(combing, forming a chain with different qualities than the original substrates).

Using them together is great, same time is not so great. If you go into advanced discussion "top 10 supplements" thread I was asking about the combo and Coop posted some very quality knowledge on the subject. Start on the last page and work back.

Younglifter16

Awards
take the alcar and na-r-ala seperately. What brand na-r-ala btw? I'd make sure its geronova, just to be sure. Forskolin is fine for fat loss but isn't necessary for a GDA component.

Agmatine is a real nice choice, I been taking it before all my carb meals while dieting atm.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
take the alcar and na-r-ala seperately. What brand na-r-ala btw? I'd make sure its geronova, just to be sure. Forskolin is fine for fat loss but isn't necessary for a GDA component.

Agmatine is a real nice choice, I been taking it before all my carb meals while dieting atm.
What type of dose on agmatine for GDA purposes?

Haven't used it more than once a day, and am curious as to if it is cost effective to use more.

Younglifter16

Awards
What type of dose on agmatine for GDA purposes?

Haven't used it more than once a day, and am curious as to if it is cost effective to use more.
From what I have gathered from Dinoiii, there really is no set dosage on agmatine. You should try playing around with it. The bro community reccomends around a gram a day in general, and lately I been doing a gram with each carb meal (two grams a day).

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
From what I have gathered from Dinoiii, there really is no set dosage on agmatine. You should try playing around with it. The bro community reccomends around a gram a day in general, and lately I been doing a gram with each carb meal (two grams a day).
Gotcha, that's not bad then price wise then(to try).

Yea I never seen a set GDA dose and was curious. Thank you sir.

Younglifter16

Awards
Gotcha, that's not bad then price wise then(to try).

Yea I never seen a set GDA dose and was curious. Thank you sir.
agmatine is pretty cheap and pretty cool at doing a bunch of things. Dinoiii has said 5 grams can give test a decent boost, but it would get pretty expensive. Check these two threads out:

says I can't post links yet. Read the threads "augmatine" and "AGMATINE" in Houser's section.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
agmatine is pretty cheap and pretty cool at doing a bunch of things. Dinoiii has said 5 grams can give test a decent boost, but it would get pretty expensive. Check these two threads out:

says I can't post links yet. Read the threads "augmatine" and "AGMATINE" in Houser's section.
I gotta really read them. I skimmed awhile ago. I'll check em out.

tvg67

Awards
Coop was probably telling you no Alcar and NA-R-ALA at the same time due to polymerization(combing, forming a chain with different qualities than the original substrates).

Using them together is great, same time is not so great. If you go into advanced discussion "top 10 supplements" thread I was asking about the combo and Coop posted some very quality knowledge on the subject. Start on the last page and work back.
Thank you. I'll read through that thread.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PhantomReaper Nutrition / Health 56
Supplements 7
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 2
Supplements 15
Supplements 13