Diuretic Advice

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

Diuretic Advice

Hey everyone, im looking to drop around 6-8 lbs of water that I gathered while traveling. Increased carbohydrate intake and sodium intake along with being unable to maintain physical activity has caused this.

I feel terrible. I'm anxious to lose the water, but I also understand that it might take a few days. Im already consuming a lot of water and have begun with my diet again. I can now limit sodium and monitor carbs as appropriate with my diet. Also, I have started physical activity again and will also be using a dry sauna at my gym, now that I have finally stopped traveling across country. With that being said...

I'm considering getting some dandelion root. Anyone have experience with this? Or does anyone have other recommendations?
    Romans 8:38-39

Save sorrow for the souls in doubt

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.99%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I would hold off, you are prob retaining water from poor diet on vacation. Your body will adjust naturally, just keep sodium down and increase water intake.
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.81%

Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123
    I would hold off, you are prob retaining water from poor diet on vacation. Your body will adjust naturally, just keep sodium down and increase water intake.
    ^^^ Exactly, but if you're insistent on a diuretic a low dose of the dandelion would be at least a super cheap option.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123
    This is definitely why the water is such an issue. I grabbed some dandelion root because I found it for 5$. I'll give it a few days before I take it. I'll let my body have a chance to return to normal eating habits and training and see how that works.

5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

It shouldn't take your body long at all time adjust. Are you sure you just didn't gain fat on vacation? When i went to jamaica, I turned in to a puffy mess being at an all inclusive result. i didn't call it water, i called it fat.. because I knew i was eating to much.

Mike
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench
    It shouldn't take your body long at all time adjust. Are you sure you just didn't gain fat on vacation? When i went to jamaica, I turned in to a puffy mess being at an all inclusive result. i didn't call it water, i called it fat.. because I knew i was eating to much.

Mike
    I've still been as careful as possible on my diet. I only exceeded my maintenance calories on one, maybe two days. I've been traveling for 5. I have a quick jiggle in my stomach, signs of water, at least for me.

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.57%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

Mike
    I know what you mean, it's damn hard to keep your macros in check when you're surrounded by top-notch restaurants.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

Quote Originally Posted by J19891

I know what you mean, it's damn hard to keep your macros in check when you're surrounded by top-notch restaurants.
    I stared down several steakhouses today. My wallet made the decision for me. Haha

9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post
    I stared down several steakhouses today. My wallet made the decision for me. Haha

Its WAYYYY different when its an all inclusive result lol. You don't have to pay for anything!!!
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench

Mike
    O really? & how much fat did you gain?
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.78%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Natestreo View Post
    Hey everyone, im looking to drop around 6-8 lbs of water that I gathered while traveling. Increased carbohydrate intake and sodium intake along with being unable to maintain physical activity has caused this.

I feel terrible. I'm anxious to lose the water, but I also understand that it might take a few days. Im already consuming a lot of water and have begun with my diet again. I can now limit sodium and monitor carbs as appropriate with my diet. Also, I have started physical activity again and will also be using a dry sauna at my gym, now that I have finally stopped traveling across country. With that being said...

I'm considering getting some dandelion root. Anyone have experience with this? Or does anyone have other recommendations?
    Want a 3-5 day shred with electrolites and good formula for a cheap price? Try Xtract by axis labs , a friend of mine uses it for competition dry outs , its good IMO, fast shredding and with some electrolytes to keep you from dehydration at the same time!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.67%

I ended up using the dandelion root and had some decent results. Not ore contest worthy, but it worked for what I needed set the time. I shed about 6lbs of water in 2-3 days along with sauna usage

13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    O really? & how much fat did you gain?

A total of around 16 pounds.. but at least 5 of pure fat.

Lets see.. i ate all day long non freaking stop.. drank fruity, sugary drinks all day long, non stop.. hell with 24 hour room service at secrets st. james.. i was eating at 2am lol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Diuretic
    By jrw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 01:00 PM
  2. Diuretic Help Please!
    By pantherdude63 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 05:08 PM
  3. Diuretic
    By GMG760 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5