dosing for plcar, alcar and lclt

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It really depends what you're after. In the end, it's pretty moot. Empty stomach for ALCAR promotes AMPK stimulation and a stronger nootropic effect; with food promotes storage as muscle carnitine. PLCAR is probably best taken on an empty stomach, always.
    It seems that anything amino-related I tend take on an empty stomach....mixing them with protein, especially whey, just seemed like a bad idea. Since you want them to exert their effect independent of any other proteins/aminos.....I just take the 'CARS with NAC, Taurine and whatever separate aminos I take...I guess they can be effective with food as well though judging by your post....

2. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

It really depends what you're after. In the end, it's pretty moot. Empty stomach for ALCAR promotes AMPK stimulation and a stronger nootropic effect; with food promotes storage as muscle carnitine. PLCAR is probably best taken on an empty stomach, always.
    What does AMPK stimulation do?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    What does AMPK stimulation do?
    Generally speaking, it aids with fat loss.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

Generally speaking, it aids with fat loss.
    Do you feel AMPK activation via supplementation should be avoided at times(bulking) due to the possible catabolic environment?

I have so much trouble with understanding AMPK bc it is activated from many things, it has many positives(oxidation of fats, functions in glucose uptake) and bad things(inhibition of anabolic pathways ie protein synthesis).

Obviously exercise is a great activator of AMPK, but I just wonder if there is literature on too much AMPK. May sound dumb, but I hope that all makes sense.

Also, Ursolic acid:Found that interesting as well in a prior AMPK discussion. Thanks to Neuron for posting that previously.

Edit: makes the Fat Free formula interesting...
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

5. Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Do you feel AMPK activation via supplementation should be avoided at times(bulking) due to the possible catabolic environment?

I have so much trouble with understanding AMPK bc it is activated from many things, it has many positives(oxidation of fats, functions in glucose uptake) and bad things(inhibition of anabolic pathways ie protein synthesis).

Obviously exercise is a great activator of AMPK, but I just wonder if there is literature on too much AMPK. May sound dumb, but I hope that all makes sense.

Also, Ursolic acid:

Found that interesting as well in a prior AMPK discussion. Thanks to Neuron for posting that previously.

Edit: makes the Fat Free formula interesting...
    That question cannot be addressed so simply. It is all a function of what other processes are taking place throughout your body, aka context. If you're asking if ALCAR would be detrimental to a bulk, the answer is no.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

That question cannot be addressed so simply. It is all a function of what other processes are taking place throughout your body, aka context. If you're asking if ALCAR would be detrimental to a bulk, the answer is no.
    Yeah, I guess I just keep reading about these processes in the body and want to understand them best possible; this leads to me looking for simple answers that aren't there.

Thank you sir.

Edit: I guess I was wondering how much AMPK activation was "too much." Again, I don't think there is an answer to this at the time. Just convo
    Training Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/271254-what-aw-hell.html
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like woman man."

7. Interesting question tho buddy
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALCAR/PLCAR/LCLT
    By WARBIRDWS6 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-25-2014, 10:54 PM
  2. ALCAR/PLCAR
    By Chub in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 12:58 AM
  3. PLCAR vs. LCLT vs. GPLC