BCAA -- which brand?

shaft1

Awards
Read a ton of info regarding the benefits if BCAA but I'm not certain which brand to buy.

Can you please recommend a good brand and at a reasonabe price? Thanks.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
bulk modern bcaa is one of the best deals around!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
inner armor has it cheap.. from what I have seen.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
I prefer N'Gage for taste and the fact that its Ajipure.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
bcaa's are beneficial at any time, especially on a cut. I usually have some pre, intra, and post-workout, whether I'm bulking or cutting. I use dymatize recoup, love the 2:1:1 ratio and the added b-vitamins. Other products with other ratios like 4:1:1 or 8:1:1 are fine as long as you're getting adequate protein in your diet

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Not necessarily, if you email Anjimoto they can provide you with tests performed on many other BCAA manufacturers products including their own, and purity is far beyond any others currently on the market.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Not necessarily, if you email Anjimoto they can provide you with tests performed on many other BCAA manufacturers products including their own, and purity is far beyond any others currently on the market.
yeah i was messn around......ive read the studies on ajipure

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So the issue with other BCAA products is that they don't meet label claims since their sources are impure?

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I like RecoverPro and Bulk Modern BCAA for their ratios and taste...Its just a matter of having them around , not really one better than the other , but I do love RecoverPro's taste...and how cheap the Bulk Modern are haha...25 bucks a Kilo in NP? Thats a good deal haha

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look into Purple Wraath. BCAA/EAA and an endurance complex with beta alanine and citrulline malate

You can pick up some free samples from the link in my sig :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Look into Purple Wraath. BCAA/EAA and an endurance complex with beta alanine and citrulline malate

i never leave home without it

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the new Xtend better than all of the others but RecoverPro is quite tasty. Modern BCAA tasted bad in all favors to me.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So the issue with other BCAA products is that they don't meet label claims since their sources are impure?
Well obviously if they aren't Ajipure they aren't legit. Apparently my USP's Modern BCAA's are bunk and so is AI's RecoverPro, i guess i probably shouldn't just throw them away.

grappler22

grappler22

Awards
I have tried several and by far the best IMO is Purple WRAATH. Just awesome. It can get pricey, so I also have on hand BCAA powder from Vitacost that has Glutamine and Vit. C. But nothing I have ever tried can compare to The Wraath. (It just always works for me)

J19891

J19891

Awards
Read a ton of info regarding the benefits if BCAA but I'm not certain which brand to buy.

Can you please recommend a good brand and at a reasonabe price? Thanks.
Recoverpro is pretty boss, just remember theyre worthless if you take them with food.

bmftisftw

bmftisftw

Banned
Awards
I like the grape scivation xtend, dymatize recoup, and size on was pretty good too

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established

shaft1

Awards
Thanks for the reply guys. I ordered Bulk Modern (Nutra) since it seems to have great reviews and the price can't be beat. Cant wait to start.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Their studies show they are up to 6x more pure. Then they claim 100% pure. So in theory 6x of 0% impurity is? ;)

Honestly the only reason to go with ajinomoto is if you want the source material. There is no other appreciable difference (even mixing and taste is varied among products)

ONSWOL

ONSWOL

Awards
GNNA TRY RECOVERPRO... DIDNT LIKE THE NEW XTEND OLD XTEND BETTER...

shaft1

Awards
I got my Modern BCAA today and it does not show the dosage. How much should I be consuming for post and after workout?

BigBicepBill

BigBicepBill

Awards
1MR has come out with BLOX amino acids. There a new formulated silk amino acids. They're awesome!

BigBicepBill

BigBicepBill

Awards
they aren't branched chain amino acids (bcaa)
I meant to say Bpi not 1MR but they are very similar to modern BCAA but are known to have better results and recovery. I personally like BLOX but honestly whatever works for the user

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I meant to say Bpi not 1MR but they are very similar to modern BCAA but are known to have better results and recovery. I personally like BLOX but honestly whatever works for the user
can you explain this further?

I don't see how they would be similar. I'm not doubting you I just haven't looked into saa's since bpi is the first (that I have seen) to really push them

BigBicepBill

BigBicepBill

Awards
can you explain this further?

I don't see how they would be similar. I'm not doubting you I just haven't looked into saa's since bpi is the first (that I have seen) to really push them
Without getting detailed in the science behind each, not enough research has been done on the SAA to show a great difference, but IMO after taking the two, i felt a better Pump and "fuller" during my workouts with the SAA. Like i said, its all in the users opinion

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Without getting detailed in the science behind each, not enough research has been done on the SAA to show a great difference, but IMO after taking the two, i felt a better Pump and "fuller" during my workouts with the SAA. Like i said, its all in the users opinion
how about the detailed science?

or a link to it.

BigBicepBill

BigBicepBill

Awards
well since i joined this forum recently it won't let me upload links. but search "Could this be the end to BCAA's?" on google and its the first article on google under PB forums. The first guys shares a link to a study.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Any reputable brand will be fine. I prefer the higher leucine content though. *** or Vitamin shoppe always has bcaa's on sale. but can't beat bulk bcaa's thats for sure.

BigBicepBill

BigBicepBill

Awards
Any reputable brand will be fine. I prefer the higher leucine content though. *** or Vitamin shoppe always has bcaa's on sale. but can't beat bulk bcaa's thats for sure.
I agree with 808.. buying bulk BCAA's is a good route, especially the price difference. BPi BLOX is a little costly around $30 and BCAA are roughly about $20, which include more serving. I always say if something is working for you, stick with it but SAA are something maybe to try down the road :wiggle:

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I agree with 808.. buying bulk BCAA's is a good route, especially the price difference. BPi BLOX is a little costly around $30 and BCAA are roughly about $20, which include more serving. I always say if something is working for you, stick with it but SAA are something maybe to try down the road :wiggle:
are you affiliated with bpi?
or is this from personal experience?

BigBicepBill

BigBicepBill

Awards
are you affiliated with bpi?
or is this from personal experience?
no i am not. as a matter of fact I'm not a user of Bpi products except for BLOX. i think the 1MR PWO sucks. but yes its from personal experience. like i said, if you have a couple dollars laying around, give it a try

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

Awards
  • Established
Their studies show they are up to 6x more pure. Then they claim 100% pure. So in theory 6x of 0% impurity is? ;)

Honestly the only reason to go with ajinomoto is if you want the source material. There is no other appreciable difference (even mixing and taste is varied among products)
Or maybe they are insinuating other products are only 1/6th as pure as their 100% pure product, meaning 16.6% purity :O

lol

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bulk modern bcaas are such a killer deal as mentioned it's hard to go for any other source. 1 kilo for 29.99. Problem is it tastes pretty bad and has such a strong tinge of medicine in their peach flavor. Definitely going to try grape next time. Mixes incredibly well, too! 20 seconds, boom! 12g fully dissolved in 22oz.

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
I have tried several and by far the best IMO is Purple WRAATH. Just awesome. It can get pricey, so I also have on hand BCAA powder from Vitacost that has Glutamine and Vit. C. But nothing I have ever tried can compare to The Wraath. (It just always works for me)
The Wraath is da bomb

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutra planet bulk BCAA and body mortar! Ftw

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Body Mortar is the shi###$.. everything I need and little more!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

i never leave home without it
Agreed, taste is important and PW tastes great, not to mention works very well.
Xtend is also good, as well as RecoverPro. All 3 would be great picks.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
Blox looks promising. It looks good enough to try it.

EatLiftGrow

Awards
I really like xtend and Modern bcaa from personal experience. I like xtend a little better because the flavors I've tried so far (watermelon and green apple) taste like jolly ranchers which is refreshing intra-workout imo. Also I would like to give purple wraath a try because minus not having glutamine, the profile looks legit!

gwulbrecht72

Awards
Modern BCAA for sure; great profile and I like that it has the sustamine in it, rather than glutamine, which is rather unstable