BCAA -- which brand?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Thanks for the reply guys. I ordered Bulk Modern (Nutra) since it seems to have great reviews and the price can't be beat. Cant wait to start.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Diesel0022 View Post
    Not necessarily, if you email Anjimoto they can provide you with tests performed on many other BCAA manufacturers products including their own, and purity is far beyond any others currently on the market.


    Their studies show they are up to 6x more pure. Then they claim 100% pure. So in theory 6x of 0% impurity is?

    Honestly the only reason to go with ajinomoto is if you want the source material. There is no other appreciable difference (even mixing and taste is varied among products)
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
    •   
       


  3. Scivation XTend.

  4. GNNA TRY RECOVERPRO... DIDNT LIKE THE NEW XTEND OLD XTEND BETTER...

  5. I got my Modern BCAA today and it does not show the dosage. How much should I be consuming for post and after workout?
    •   
       


  6. 1MR has come out with BLOX amino acids. There a new formulated silk amino acids. They're awesome!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by BigBicepBill
    1MR has come out with BLOX amino acids. There a new formulated silk amino acids. They're awesome!

    they aren't branched chain amino acids (bcaa)

  8. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    they aren't branched chain amino acids (bcaa)
    I meant to say Bpi not 1MR but they are very similar to modern BCAA but are known to have better results and recovery. I personally like BLOX but honestly whatever works for the user

  9. Quote Originally Posted by BigBicepBill
    I meant to say Bpi not 1MR but they are very similar to modern BCAA but are known to have better results and recovery. I personally like BLOX but honestly whatever works for the user
    can you explain this further?

    I don't see how they would be similar. I'm not doubting you I just haven't looked into saa's since bpi is the first (that I have seen) to really push them

  10. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    can you explain this further?

    I don't see how they would be similar. I'm not doubting you I just haven't looked into saa's since bpi is the first (that I have seen) to really push them
    Without getting detailed in the science behind each, not enough research has been done on the SAA to show a great difference, but IMO after taking the two, i felt a better Pump and "fuller" during my workouts with the SAA. Like i said, its all in the users opinion

  11. Quote Originally Posted by BigBicepBill

    Without getting detailed in the science behind each, not enough research has been done on the SAA to show a great difference, but IMO after taking the two, i felt a better Pump and "fuller" during my workouts with the SAA. Like i said, its all in the users opinion
    how about the detailed science?

    or a link to it.

  12. well since i joined this forum recently it won't let me upload links. but search "Could this be the end to BCAA's?" on google and its the first article on google under PB forums. The first guys shares a link to a study.

  13. Any reputable brand will be fine. I prefer the higher leucine content though. *** or Vitamin shoppe always has bcaa's on sale. but can't beat bulk bcaa's thats for sure.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post
    Any reputable brand will be fine. I prefer the higher leucine content though. *** or Vitamin shoppe always has bcaa's on sale. but can't beat bulk bcaa's thats for sure.
    I agree with 808.. buying bulk BCAA's is a good route, especially the price difference. BPi BLOX is a little costly around $30 and BCAA are roughly about $20, which include more serving. I always say if something is working for you, stick with it but SAA are something maybe to try down the road
    "Shut the **** up.. and train" - Frank McGrath

  15. Quote Originally Posted by BigBicepBill

    I agree with 808.. buying bulk BCAA's is a good route, especially the price difference. BPi BLOX is a little costly around $30 and BCAA are roughly about $20, which include more serving. I always say if something is working for you, stick with it but SAA are something maybe to try down the road
    are you affiliated with bpi?
    or is this from personal experience?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    are you affiliated with bpi?
    or is this from personal experience?
    no i am not. as a matter of fact I'm not a user of Bpi products except for BLOX. i think the 1MR PWO sucks. but yes its from personal experience. like i said, if you have a couple dollars laying around, give it a try
    "Shut the **** up.. and train" - Frank McGrath

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Their studies show they are up to 6x more pure. Then they claim 100% pure. So in theory 6x of 0% impurity is?

    Honestly the only reason to go with ajinomoto is if you want the source material. There is no other appreciable difference (even mixing and taste is varied among products)
    Or maybe they are insinuating other products are only 1/6th as pure as their 100% pure product, meaning 16.6% purity :O

    lol

  18. Bulk modern bcaas are such a killer deal as mentioned it's hard to go for any other source. 1 kilo for 29.99. Problem is it tastes pretty bad and has such a strong tinge of medicine in their peach flavor. Definitely going to try grape next time. Mixes incredibly well, too! 20 seconds, boom! 12g fully dissolved in 22oz.
  19. Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by grappler22 View Post
    I have tried several and by far the best IMO is Purple WRAATH. Just awesome. It can get pricey, so I also have on hand BCAA powder from Vitacost that has Glutamine and Vit. C. But nothing I have ever tried can compare to The Wraath. (It just always works for me)
    The Wraath is da bomb
    Lift Hard, Love Long, and Live Happy

  20. Anyone try ALRI chain'd out?

  21. Nutra planet bulk BCAA and body mortar! Ftw


  22. Body Mortar is the shi###$.. everything I need and little more!!
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success


  23. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Look into Purple Wraath. BCAA/EAA and an endurance complex with beta alanine and citrulline malate


    You can pick up some free samples from the link in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    i never leave home without it
    Agreed, taste is important and PW tastes great, not to mention works very well.
    Xtend is also good, as well as RecoverPro. All 3 would be great picks.

  24. Blox looks promising. It looks good enough to try it.

  25. I really like xtend and Modern bcaa from personal experience. I like xtend a little better because the flavors I've tried so far (watermelon and green apple) taste like jolly ranchers which is refreshing intra-workout imo. Also I would like to give purple wraath a try because minus not having glutamine, the profile looks legit!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:07 PM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 01:25 AM
  3. BCAA's??? Is there a top brand or preference?
    By Russ Allen in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
  4. New BCAA/EAA Flavors and more BCAA's
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 07:18 PM
  5. Brand New to AM
    By Xman315 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Log in
Log in