BCAA -- which brand?

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. 1MR has come out with BLOX amino acids. There a new formulated silk amino acids. They're awesome!

2. Quote Originally Posted by BigBicepBill
    1MR has come out with BLOX amino acids. There a new formulated silk amino acids. They're awesome!

they aren't branched chain amino acids (bcaa)
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    they aren't branched chain amino acids (bcaa)
    I meant to say Bpi not 1MR but they are very similar to modern BCAA but are known to have better results and recovery. I personally like BLOX but honestly whatever works for the user

4. Quote Originally Posted by BigBicepBill
    I meant to say Bpi not 1MR but they are very similar to modern BCAA but are known to have better results and recovery. I personally like BLOX but honestly whatever works for the user
    can you explain this further?

I don't see how they would be similar. I'm not doubting you I just haven't looked into saa's since bpi is the first (that I have seen) to really push them

5. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    can you explain this further?

I don't see how they would be similar. I'm not doubting you I just haven't looked into saa's since bpi is the first (that I have seen) to really push them
    Without getting detailed in the science behind each, not enough research has been done on the SAA to show a great difference, but IMO after taking the two, i felt a better Pump and "fuller" during my workouts with the SAA. Like i said, its all in the users opinion
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by BigBicepBill

Without getting detailed in the science behind each, not enough research has been done on the SAA to show a great difference, but IMO after taking the two, i felt a better Pump and "fuller" during my workouts with the SAA. Like i said, its all in the users opinion
    how about the detailed science?

or a link to it.

7. well since i joined this forum recently it won't let me upload links. but search "Could this be the end to BCAA's?" on google and its the first article on google under PB forums. The first guys shares a link to a study.

8. Any reputable brand will be fine. I prefer the higher leucine content though. *** or Vitamin shoppe always has bcaa's on sale. but can't beat bulk bcaa's thats for sure.

9. Quote Originally Posted by 808shredded View Post
    Any reputable brand will be fine. I prefer the higher leucine content though. *** or Vitamin shoppe always has bcaa's on sale. but can't beat bulk bcaa's thats for sure.
    I agree with 808.. buying bulk BCAA's is a good route, especially the price difference. BPi BLOX is a little costly around $30 and BCAA are roughly about $20, which include more serving. I always say if something is working for you, stick with it but SAA are something maybe to try down the road
    "Shut the **** up.. and train" - Frank McGrath

10. Quote Originally Posted by BigBicepBill

I agree with 808.. buying bulk BCAA's is a good route, especially the price difference. BPi BLOX is a little costly around $30 and BCAA are roughly about $20, which include more serving. I always say if something is working for you, stick with it but SAA are something maybe to try down the road
    are you affiliated with bpi?
    or is this from personal experience?

11. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    are you affiliated with bpi?
    or is this from personal experience?
    no i am not. as a matter of fact I'm not a user of Bpi products except for BLOX. i think the 1MR PWO sucks. but yes its from personal experience. like i said, if you have a couple dollars laying around, give it a try
    "Shut the **** up.. and train" - Frank McGrath

12. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Their studies show they are up to 6x more pure. Then they claim 100% pure. So in theory 6x of 0% impurity is?

Honestly the only reason to go with ajinomoto is if you want the source material. There is no other appreciable difference (even mixing and taste is varied among products)
    Or maybe they are insinuating other products are only 1/6th as pure as their 100% pure product, meaning 16.6% purity :O

lol

13. Bulk modern bcaas are such a killer deal as mentioned it's hard to go for any other source. 1 kilo for 29.99. Problem is it tastes pretty bad and has such a strong tinge of medicine in their peach flavor. Definitely going to try grape next time. Mixes incredibly well, too! 20 seconds, boom! 12g fully dissolved in 22oz.
  14. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by grappler22 View Post
    I have tried several and by far the best IMO is Purple WRAATH. Just awesome. It can get pricey, so I also have on hand BCAA powder from Vitacost that has Glutamine and Vit. C. But nothing I have ever tried can compare to The Wraath. (It just always works for me)
    The Wraath is da bomb
    Lift Hard, Love Long, and Live Happy

15. Anyone try ALRI chain'd out?

16. Nutra planet bulk BCAA and body mortar! Ftw

17. Body Mortar is the shi###$.. everything I need and little more!!
    Diet is always the key to unlocking the door of success

18. Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Look into Purple Wraath. BCAA/EAA and an endurance complex with beta alanine and citrulline malate

You can pick up some free samples from the link in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    i never leave home without it
    Agreed, taste is important and PW tastes great, not to mention works very well.
    Xtend is also good, as well as RecoverPro. All 3 would be great picks.

19. Blox looks promising. It looks good enough to try it.

20. I really like xtend and Modern bcaa from personal experience. I like xtend a little better because the flavors I've tried so far (watermelon and green apple) taste like jolly ranchers which is refreshing intra-workout imo. Also I would like to give purple wraath a try because minus not having glutamine, the profile looks legit!

21. Modern BCAA for sure; great profile and I like that it has the sustamine in it, rather than glutamine, which is rather unstable

22. I tried a few samples of BPI blox and I have to admit that stuff tastes better than any other Amino acid product.
    "Strive to seize the initiative in all things"

23. Dymatize Elite Recoup orange is pretty good and AI Recovery Pro Raspberry is also good.

24. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    bulk modern bcaa is one of the best deals around!
    Question, can u cap the powder & avoid drinking it?? I know that would add up to a bunch of caps per serving, but this would bi-pass the taste & be more convieniet. The real question is, would i get the same benefits or will capping it make it less effective??

25. Quote Originally Posted by roblasane
    I tried a few samples of BPI blox and I have to admit that stuff tastes better than any other Amino acid product.
    Good taste, mediocre results. Recovery with modern bcaa is much better!

26. Quote Originally Posted by StackedCop
    Nutra planet bulk BCAA and body mortar! Ftw
    Good call right here
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

27. Quote Originally Posted by islandmagic
    Body Mortar is the shi###$.. everything I need and little more!!
    And another good call
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

28. Quote Originally Posted by SeniorXJ

Question, can u cap the powder & avoid drinking it?? I know that would add up to a bunch of caps per serving, but this would bi-pass the taste & be more convieniet. The real question is, would i get the same benefits or will capping it make it less effective??
    it wouldn't make it less effective, it would be a pain in the ass to cap it tho...

you could get generic bcaas already capped but then you're not gonna get the sustamine, 8:1:1 ratio, or price point.

29. i love bcaas they awesome

30. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    bulk modern bcaa is one of the best deals around!
    cosigned
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:07 PM
  2. Replies: 329
    Last Post: 02-08-2012, 01:25 AM
  3. BCAA's??? Is there a top brand or preference?
    By Russ Allen in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
  4. New BCAA/EAA Flavors and more BCAA's
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 07:18 PM
  5. Brand New to AM
    By Xman315 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 02:53 PM