Prostate health suppliment coctail?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you guys give me a list of some things or maybe something in a mix out there that would help in swollen prostates?

Mine seems to have swollen to the point it's partially cutting off the urine flow at times.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
SAw Palmetto one of the best supps.out there for enlarged prostrate..

Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) 7.5 mg 50%
Saw Palmetto Berries Powder (Serenoa repens) 500 mg **
Pumpkin Seed Meal (Cucurbita pepo) 80 mg **
Pygeum Bark Powder (Pygeum africanum) 50 mg **
Lycopene

Benefits of Saw Palmetto n Prostrate

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
how long does saw palmetto have to be used in order for it to kick in?

also, does it just stop any further prostate hypertrophy or does it actually help get the prostate back to its original size?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Madman, gonna go pick those up now. Much appreciated.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Madman, gonna go pick those up now. Much appreciated.

ANYTIME jAYHAWK...Being an ole Bastard im pretty much up on stuff like this...You dont have to buy these seperate some companies offer it in one pill...Good luck

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll wholeheartedly second the recommendation of beta sitosterol. I ran into a host of problems with recurring urinary tract infections awhile back, and while I found saw palmetto to do nothing with helping with urinary flow, beta sitosterol made a very noticable difference within days.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
DHT alone dose'nt appear to be cause of BPH, but when it's combined with an increased Estrogen level, the growth occurs.
Uhm... so something that reduce extrogens like 6-oxo should help too?

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
So what are some sources of Preg and beta sitosterol? PM me.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I'll wholeheartedly second the recommendation of beta sitosterol. I ran into a host of problems with recurring urinary tract infections awhile back, and while I found saw palmetto to do nothing with helping with urinary flow, beta sitosterol made a very noticable difference within days.
Yeah, but some studies show that beta-sis helps only with infections, do not help BPH at all. Saw Palmetto instead has some other substance inside it which is able to. The right dose for saw palmetto is 320mg/day (extract) or 3g (powder).

Instead, another substance which seems to work and that no one mentionned here so far, is Quercetin. AFAIK there is a MRM product with it that i would stack with Saw Palmetto.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
The right dose for saw palmetto is 320mg/day (extract) or 3g (powder).
At what concentration?

Instead, another substance which seems to work and that no one mentionned here so far, is Quercetin.
At what dosage?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I have been using proscar and letro @ 1mg EOD and symptoms have subsided and everything feels good. Saw palmetto.... blah IMO.

Also couold try Flomax, I hear that can work quite well.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
[saw palmetto]
The extract is 85-90%. The powder probably is 100% (there are no claims). I'm going to take a powder product and dissolve in warm/hot water.
To get the recommended dose i'm going to take 7 caps / day (instead of the 4 recommended).

[quercetin]
I have no idea of the right dosage. We can just assume that the dosage of the products available are fine.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
1fast has a product with all of that saw pal, lycopine, pumkin...ect.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
1fast has a product with all of that saw pal, lycopine, pumkin...ect.

Not dosed high enough IMO. It takes quite a bit SP and PS to "fix" an already occurring problem. That combo has worked for me in the past....but I was taking 3X what the lable recommended of the SP and 2X the PS.

for the record, I was using the costco brand SP and the Vitamin World PS....both were gel caps.